British Speedway Forum
HagueyUK

Speedway Kodi Video Add-on

That Kodi is crap I have a minimax system that is much better and innovative

:lol::lol:

Hi Iris, I haven't heard of minimax, any chance of info or a link so I can have a look. Many thanks.

I knew this would happen. He can get himself out of this one :D:party::drink:

It is like a graph sort of thing you download and print out onto this paper stuff,then you look through the net,mostly on youtube and write down all the videos available.Very light weight and easily transported and dirt cheap.I take it with me wherever I go and you don't need any adaptors or anything when you are abroad and well you have to keep it out of water or fire,but you have to do that with most things nowadays.The one fault I find with my version is it doesn't update itself.I havre to do that manually

I'm pulling yer plonker

Edited by iris123
  • Like 1

I still don't se the point of downloading a program, and then downloading an add-in, just to play you a youtube video, which you could have watched on youtube in a fraction of the time, without any messing about, and clogging your computer with unnecessary software.

Hi John, we respect your opinion. The option is always there for you to try it out if you feel you want to in the future, no problem.

However to anyone that is interested in trying the add-on, the KODI software is small in size, currently 160 meg fully installed on my windows PC at the moment, and that includes the SpeedwayKodi add-on as well. KODI does not run at startup, so only runs if you click on it to use it, and it is not system resource heavy. It runs perfectly fine and smooth on Android phones with only 8 gig space and 1 gig memory to give you an idea. So clogging up your computer shouldn't be an issue with this software.

Once the add-on is installed, I'm confident users will be able to work through the videos very efficiently compared to other current means.

45YSS, I will try and direct message you now to take you through the setup.

Many thanks

I still don't se the point of downloading a program, and then downloading an add-in, just to play you a youtube video, which you could have watched on youtube in a fraction of the time, without any messing about, and clogging your computer with unnecessary software.

I think the point being made is many speedway videos are on Youtube, but not named particularly well and therefore perhaps difficult to find in searches.. For some, the fact that they are all collated and listed in one place will prove beneficial. For others perhaps not.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

That's interesting Cog, I will check now.

I have just tried it on an Android phone, and on an Android T8 Smart Box and all is ok.

All worked fine on my windows pc also so I uninstalled the add-on and reinstalled and it also works fine.

I am using the official version of KODI 14.2 on all of these devices, what version of XBMC are you using?

And can I also check that you got it from MetalKettle repo?

Many thanks

Edited by SpeedwayKODI

HI Cog, I will send a message to the rest of the team who have far more technical knowledge than me on this problem. I will get back to you just as soon as I receive a reply. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Just so I can give them as much information as possible,

Can you tell me if it is all videos or just some?

Does the video info screen come up when entering the add-on each time?

Do you see all of the thumbnails in each of the sections?

Many thanks.

I'm glad you managed to get it working on your other device. And also that you seemed to have sourced the problem being the custom 13.3 XBMC software. You had us thinking there for a bit :unsure: .

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the add-on, more content will be added in the next couple of days. Let us know what you think of it.

Andy.

I downloaded the speedway last night onto my kodi system. Love it well done for creating this. I have thought for quite a while that streaming is the way forward and with this if I miss I meeting like a GP because I am busy then I can watch it on Kodi. I will be looking forward to seeing what else you bring on it. As the UK boys have just won the Grasstrack Workd Cup could there be a Grasstrack section with some meetings on there. Just an idea.

Morning Michael, thank you for trying out the SpeedwayKodi add-on, and we are pleased that you are enjoying it so far.

In the future, we are planning to add sections for Grasstrack, Longtrack, Indoor, Ice, Cycle and Sidecar Speedway. But for a few weeks at least we want to build up a good selection of Shale Speedway, but probably Grasstrack would be the next one on the list to add.

However, If the World Cup Grasstrack meeting is out there somewhere, I will try to find it and get it on the add-on ASAP.

In the next couple of days there are another 30 videos ready to be added.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

Was looking at this but am not on Twitter. Where else can I get instructions for loading the add on?

Hi there, are you needing some help in installing the add-on? If so message my inbox and I will get straight back to you. :D

• Like 1

Been using add on since started and all seems well. Now if only there was a place to get a live stream of all live matches.... wink