British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sotonian

Gb Win Longtrack World Team Cup

Well done Richard Hall, Glen Philips and Andrew Appleton and on German soil too!

Edited by Sotonian
  • Like 2

Big effort to beat Germany, France, Holland at their own game. Go GB.

Big effort to beat Germany, France, Holland at their own game. Go GB.

Where can we see the scores?

(Prompt report from FIM for a change. Last place I'd expect to look at this early hour.)

What a close finish, - 2 pts between the top 4 teams. The first time Germany have been knocked off the top spot.

Well done boys.

And how pleased must Mitch Godden have been to collect the trophy named after his father !

My photo's can be found here: http://www.baansportfansite.nl/nieuws/761/engeland-verbaasd-vriend-en-vijand-tijdens-het-wk-voor-teams-.html

Absolutly brilliant meeting with four teams giving it all. I'm not a big longtrack fan, but yesterday was awesome! Superb meeting with more passing then most speedway meetings nowadays, and that on those crazy high speeds, epic! :)

• Like 1

A great result for the British team to win on German soil, but so near so far for the Finnish team from perhaps the biggest upset in the history of the competition...if only Aki-Pekka and Jesse Mustonen had had a little more support!

(Prompt report from FIM for a change. Last place I'd expect to look at this early hour.)What a close finish, - 2 pts between the top 4 teams. The first time Germany have been knocked off the top spot.

Well done boys.

And how pleased must Mitch Godden have been to collect the trophy named after his father !

I think the Dutch won it a couple of years ago.

Congrats to the British team, nice to see a couple of Racers becoming world champions.

Congrats to the British team, nice to see a couple of Racers becoming world champions.

And a Racers (even if they were Bulldogs by then) play-off nemesis!

Edited by Sotonian

I think the Dutch won it a couple of years ago.

Yes we won it in 2013 in Swingfield :) Most dusty meeting I ever attended, also took sooo long that I almost missed the ferry back lol :)

(Prompt report from FIM for a change. Last place I'd expect to look at this early hour.)

What a close finish, - 2 pts between the top 4 teams. The first time Germany have been knocked off the top spot.

Well done boys.

Nope, Netherlands won in Swingfiels a couple of years ago already...

EDIT: Was late with this.

Richard Hall's winning ride. Just look how much ground he (blue helmet) makes up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9A1F6gg4JO0&feature=youtu.be

Impressive. How was that even possible.

Edited by f-s-p