British Speedway Forum

Need accommodation in Cardiff for the Adrian Flux British FIM Speedway Grand Prix at the Principality Stadium on July 9?

Cardiff University have a variety of rooms available, with prices starting from less than £22 per night.

Check out http://bookaccommodation.cardiff.ac.uk/Speed2016.bnb for more information.

http://www.speedwaygp.com/news/article/4787/rooms-available-at-cardiff-uni

Thanks for the info, we found a place in Bristol, We'll be riding the train to Cardiff.

What time do the activities outside the Stadium start?

About 11am

There's normally a programme fair in the rugby club next door too though they sell lots of other memorabilia too as I understand it.

Or go to one of the many pubs like loads of us and meet up with old acquaintances and meet some new ones.

We're a friendly bunch though at times you might think you're in the bar in star wars.

• Like 1

There is also the fan zone which would start at a similar time. In the past couple of years this has been right in front of the bus station which is in front of the railway station.

There is also the fan zone which would start at a similar time. In the past couple of years this has been right in front of the bus station which is in front of the railway station.

I can't imagine the fan zone being in the Wood Street area this year. What used to be the bus station is completely fenced off and awaiting/undergoing redevelopment. Come to think of it, there's not a suitable area in the city centre which could realistically accommodate the fan zone, unless they get permission to put it in one of the parks.

I can't imagine the fan zone being in the Wood Street area this year. What used to be the bus station is completely fenced off and awaiting/undergoing redevelopment. Come to think of it, there's not a suitable area in the city centre which could realistically accommodate the fan zone, unless they get permission to put it in one of the parks.

in the parks! - get the grass track bikes out. Yipee

In many ways the obvious location would be at Cardiff RFC as part of reasoning for artificial pitch is to get greater use of the site. Not sure they would want to though.

In many ways the obvious location would be at Cardiff RFC as part of reasoning for artificial pitch is to get greater use of the site. Not sure they would want to though.

For a nominal fee in unmarked notes they might.

I'M told the Fanzone will be by City Hall ... perhaps our local posters can elaborate

Right hand side of the castle as you're facing it, 150m or so up North Road and just on the right. Makes sense really. They have a temporary ice rink and ferris wheel there around Christmas time. Still only 10 mins walk to the stadium.

Think it was ok last year...come out of the station and its right there near stadium.

See my post, no. 125.

I'M told the Fanzone will be by City Hall ... perhaps our local posters can elaborate

You actually have to go and look for it now then, it's not right there for you.

Looks like it may be 4 times the distance that the railway station is, so not too far away, and it will be a pleasant walk as you walk past the castle/grounds.

Looks like it may be 4 times the distance that the railway station is, so not too far away, and it will be a pleasant walk as you walk past the castle/grounds.

Distance wise it's probably pretty irrelevant if you're walking from the 1st/2nd bend. It's more the fact it's out of the way. It's the only thing you'd head that way for. It's not by the buses, trains, pubs or shops