British Speedway Forum

Just got back after a week in the UK. I thought this was as good as any meeting I've seen at Cardiff. Maybe enjoyed Bomber's win in 2007 more but as far as racing goes I thought this year was top drawer. As always the atmosphere was unrivaled. Warsaw was brilliant this year but still cant compete with Cardiff for all round atmosphere and entertainment. I understand why people ask about going to other stadiums, but for me Cardiff just ticks too many boxes to warrant a move.

WELL said ...

if Cardiff is the pinnacle for all riders, could the organisers make Cardiff the last race of the GP or does Australia always have to be last?

Cardiff is not available in October. Melbourne would not be available earlier.

Really? Next Event is monster trucks in September. Then not used until November. The Speedway took place this year a week after Beyonce was there.

OK happy to stand corrected. With the roof I guess there is no issue with October weather. Would think it being the final event could have a postie or negative impact on attendance depending on of the title was still up for grabs.

Would be interested to hear from someone in the know (Phil rising?) whether it has been looked and why Cardiff has remained an early to mid summer date.

AS far as I know BSI have always been happy with a mid-season date and while the Principality might be available one October it might not the next.

Would imagine that all those fans who mill around all day in Cardiff would prefer it to be warm (if one can even rely on that) rather than cold.