British Speedway Forum

This year is the second year where we have stayed in Bristol Friday night- Holiday Inn for £78 (and an upgrade to a suite)!

Drive into Cardiff for lunchtime and park up in knox street car park (expensive but easiest getaway after the meeting)

Couple of beers pre - event and a painless drive back to our own beds in North Yorkshire for 1am

Cardiff is a total rip off and beginning to think BSI are doing the same to the fans these days. The stadium deserves to be filled and theres only one way of doing that - drop the ticket prices - put every seat on the top tear on special offer

I wont be sitting on the internet tomorrow waiting for the date next year................ the jury is still out

Correct ,that's our prerogative and we like to stay and make a weekend out of it and we have to pay the inflated prices which are ridiculous but that's what it is.If you want to travel then travel.My gripe is why cant we rebook when we check out,its bloody stupid paying your bill while your there then ringing up the same person the next day.Wheres the sense in that.?

Obviously not in the right Hotel Charlieboy...... ;)

Why use hotels when you can camp for a more reasonable price not that far away from the centre of Cardiff...............we stayed at the Marconi campsite at Lavernock point for the weekend and it cost £40 for the two of us including electric hook up for the motor home..............(thinks small one)

You don't have to spend a fortune to do Cardiff..............

RP

This is how I would do it. Or the university halls as they're walkable distance and I think it's about £40 a person per night.

Edited by SCB

This is how I would do it. Or the university halls as they're walkabout distance and I think it's about £40 a person per night.

10 mins walk and £22.99 for the night. Facilities not all that but the alcohol intake on Sat renders that irrelevant. It's a bed for the night. Got out and had brekky in the Prince of Wales and a walk down to Cardiff Bay. Probably back next year but hope the racing improves.

The company was great!

This is how I would do it. Or the university halls as they're walkabout distance and I think it's about £40 a person per night.

Its worth it.............max cost of a taxi from the site is £20 (we got shared an 8 seater with other fans both ways and it cost us a fiver each way) the atmosphere is good and the site has a great view over the bay...............it has a pub on site but food is limited.............but the drinks are cheap.............

RP

As shown by the previous few posts, there are cheap options if you spend a bit of time looking for them.

I don't get people who do this. If you want to go to Cardiff, go to Cardiff. As soon as you're having to get in a car at the end of the night and drive somewhere, you may as well drive home.

Well no. ;) it's a bit far to drive non stop and I would prefer to fly. ;)

http://goo.gl/maps/1bnzw

This is how I would do it. Or the university halls as they're walkable distance and I think it's about £40 a person per night.

Just type Cardiff accommodation, one of the first to come up is the university, rooms from £30 per night. Just looked this up and it took all of 30 seconds.

I prefer to fly too, I booked a flight well in advance for last year only for it to be cancelled at short notice. I did manage to book with another airline.The same thing happened again to friends from Glasgow and Edinburgh. They managed to get flghts with another airline although the Edinburgh supporters had to fly to Bristol.

I'll let you off ;) As i will anyone who doesn't live from about Manchester and down in the UK.