British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DutchGrasstrack

2016 Sgp Swc Calendar & Info's

With Cardiff now confirmed for next year I think it's time to speculate a bit about next years calendar.

Calendar:

30.04 Krsko
14.05 Warsaw
11.06 Horsens
25.06 Prague
09.07 Cardiff
--
23.07 SWC Event 1 - Vojens
26.07 SWC Event 2 - Vastervik
29.07 SWC Race Off - Manchester
30.07 SWC Final - Manchester
--
13.08 Malilla
27.08 Gorzow
10.09 Teterow
24.09 Stockholm
01.10 Torun
22.10 Melbourne

Melbourne
Gorzow
Prague
Malilla
Cardiff
Stockholm (end of contract)
Torun (end of contract)
Warsaw (end of contract)
Horsens (end of contract)

24.06.2017 Horsens

Melbourne
Cardiff
Malilla (end of contract)
Gorzow (end of contract)
Prague (end of contract)

Melbourne (end of contract)
SWC Race-off Gorzow
SWC Final Gorzow

Any more? :)

Edited by DutchGrasstrack
  • Like 1

Isn't Prague the 25th June next year? Or have I made that up.

With Cardiff now confirmed for next year I think it's time to speculate a bit about next years calendar.

Calendar:

09.07 Cardiff

Venues confirmed:

Melbourne (five year deal: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019)

Horsens (three year deal: 2015, 2016, 2017)

Tampere (three year deal: 2014, 2015, 2016)

Stockholm (five year deal: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)

Torun (three year deal: 2015, 2016, 2017)

Prague (three year deal: 2016, 2017, 2018)

Any more? :)

Torun new 3 year contract 2015,16,17 http://www.speedwaygp.com/news/article/3750/three-year-deal-for-torun

edit was posting as you edited :lol:

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

Isn't Prague the 25th June next year? Or have I made that up.

That's correct - will edit the post :)

WOULDN'T bet a penny on Tampere next year...

I don't know if it's been mentioned elsewhere. But is the plan for Melbourne to be the final GP for the next 5 seasons? Or could it be switched to March?

What is with the new national stadium at Belle Vue then?, I was assuming the British Grand Prix would be held at the national speedway stadium (once its built)

Not that is anything wrong with Cardiff, just makes no sense to build it unless it is to be used. Than is unless Cardiff had a 5 year contract or something similar and there is only a year to run on that

Maybe we will get 2 GP's, I'm sure you people more in the know will put me straight

What is with the new national stadium at Belle Vue then?, I was assuming the British Grand Prix would be held at the national speedway stadium (once its built)

Not that is anything wrong with Cardiff, just makes no sense to build it unless it is to be used. Than is unless Cardiff had a 5 year contract or something similar and there is only a year to run on that

Maybe we will get 2 GP's, I'm sure you people more in the know will put me straight

Not big enough, would you arrange a GP in Manchester ?

• Like 1

Not big enough, would you arrange a GP in Manchester ?

No probably not, but then why build it in Manchester? Does the new stadium have a roof?

Anyway I thought it had a 25000 capacity, I know they get 45000 ish at Cardiff, but there are smaller venues that get used, can't they use both

Just seems utter madness that we have built a National Speedway stadium, but are only going to use it for the british final and a few pairs meetings

No probably not, but then why build it in Manchester? Does the new stadium have a roof?

Anyway I thought it had a 25000 capacity, I know they get 45000 ish at Cardiff, but there are smaller venues that get used, can't they use both

Just seems utter madness that we have built a National Speedway stadium, but are only going to use it for the british final and a few pairs meetings

SWC will be there

The stadium in Manchester is discussed in the News Section which may explain why a stadium was built where it is and why it has been given a name National Stadium. No it does not have a roof.

I don't know if it's been mentioned elsewhere. But is the plan for Melbourne to be the final GP for the next 5 seasons? Or could it be switched to March?

UNLIKELY due to stadium availability...

WOULDN'T bet a penny on Tampere next year...

That dont change the fact that the deal was and is for three years.

Do people still not get it? The Welsh government pays BSI a sizeable sum of money to have the British GP held at the Millennium Stadium.

Cardiff is also the 'marquee' round used to market the whole series to sponsors - which is no doubt what the massive effort to ensure no screw-ups after Warsaw was about. It would seem unlikely that another British GP would be organised that might potentially draw crowds and interest away from Cardiff.

Manchester would be too small and doesn't have a roof anyway, even if the local tourist board was prepared to cough up some cash.

I think the AFL season starts then, or at least the pre-season.

• Like 1