British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
customhouseregular

Wilson-dean Or Wajknecht

Perks will get there, he had some engine troubles earlier in the season and then an injury which held him back but recently he has started picking up good points again. He will be at reserve this month but should be back in the main body next month and will hopefully kick on from there

With regard to Zak and BWD I have been really impressed with both this season, last week Zak was on fire and posted some incredibly quick times and I would say one of the most impressive rides I have seen this season was BWD's first race at Perry Barr where he found a line to pass (I think) Greaves that nobody else had used on his second lap of the track.

I would like to think that they will both (along with Perks) end up as EL riders, both have plenty of time on their side and are in the right place to develop. Certainly hope they continue their current rate of progress

Zach is a very level headed rider.

He has already been offered outings at PL and EL level and has turned them down so that he can concentrate on establishing himself in the NL.

Edited by crazy jack

both good riders but if i had to bet id bet on Zach becoming the better rider

Long term id agree that Zach has better hopes. He already has deep pocket backing, good grounding and ego is not likely to become an issue and in the current climate has a UK passport. BWD is a huge talent no doubt of that but is fully reliant on sponsorship & visa's if either of those dry up it could hamper things greatly.

I don't think a match race would tell us who will go on to be the best rider. Back in 1969 (or maybe 1970) I remember a match race between two young riders starting their careers, Dave Jessup and Barry Thomas. Much hyped by Dave Lanning & Johnny Hoskins as you would expect, I saw the Arlington leg and remember that Barry Thomas won. I was only 9 or 10 and DJ was my hero.

Barry went on to be a hero of the Hawks, but I think most people would say that DJ went on to greater things. No disrespect to BT who was a great club rider, who I saw many times riding for Hackney.

Like many have said earlier we are lucky to see both riders developing their skills.

• Like 3

Long term id agree that Zach has better hopes. He already has deep pocket backing, good grounding and ego is not likely to become an issue and in the current climate has a UK passport. BWD is a huge talent no doubt of that but is fully reliant on sponsorship & visa's if either of those dry up it could hamper things greatly.

BWD has citizenship he doesn't have to worry about visas.

• Like 1

BWD has Patriality so no need for Visa

• Like 1

I heard that he is going to change his name to Bradley wilson Goldsmith, Backing will always be with Brad as he is a winner, the sponsors that he has picked up this year will always stay with him as he is an entertainer a great rider and and conducts himself with professionalism, hope he has a future in the sport.

Edited by catinthehat

I heard that he is going to change his name to Bradley wilson Goldsmith, Backing will always be with Brad as he is a winner, the sponsors that he has picked up this year will always stay with him as he is an entertainer a great rider and and conducts himself with professionalism, hope he has a future in the sport.

he'd still be 3 riders short for the Israeli world cup team

BWD 12+1 for the Brummies, how did Zak go?

10 points

10 points

BWD got 12+1 from 5 = 10.4 average stuff in old money or 9.6 in new age averages where the bonus point does not count.

ZW got 10 from 4 which is 10.0 average stuff.

May the debate go on...

Ah, but don't forget BWD was at number one so had harder rides.

For me they are on a par with each other with BWD maybe just sneaking it but that could change.

I am a biased Eastbourne fan but I honestly wish them both all the best. They are both exciting youngsters that race hard and don't give up.

I agree that both riders have an exceptional talent and can go on to make real names for themselves. At the moment, Wilson-Dean probably has the edge, but it has to be remembered that Zach Wajtknecht (I've learned to spell it correctly now!!) is such a lightweight and doesn't look any older than about 12, so when he is crowded, he is easily shunted out of the way. When in a couple of years time he gains a man's strength, he will be awesome.

I wish both riders the very best of luck for the future and feel sure that they would both prefer to get on with their racing rather than be the subject of comparisons which don't really mean that much at this stage of their careers.

BWD has Patriality so no need for Visa

Are you sure about that , if so why isn't he on a three for PL , he's also ridden in national titles in NZ, Alex Davies was born in UK but still needs a visa.You still need a work permit if you have patriality , as far as I'm aware.

Junior