British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Odds On

Chris Harris.

From Chris himself:

STATEMENT: This is to clear up false rumours that are being reported about me on social media regarding the non use of GTR engines at Cardiff. Firstly not at any time have I been offered any money to use the engine neither at anytime have I asked for money from Gerhard engines for me to use them. The reason I chose not to ride the GTR at the British SGP is due to not having enough track time with the engine to understand how it works and how to set it up to my riding style. The last time I rode the GTR was at the British Final meeting and after the meeting it was taken out of my bike and taken away for the guys to check it out or work on it. I made the decision to use my BAR engines on the back of having 3 good meetings including a paid max and I know how these engines work for my riding style. I had lengthy conversations with Marcel Gerhard over the weekend of Cardiff and discussed the plan moving forward which involves a GTR being changed to suit my riding style and to practice on the engine prior to the next SGP. To support this my sponsors Rock Oil have provided the required oils by GerhardEngines to ensure Marcel and his team have everything they need. I look forward to working with Marcel and the team to come up with something special that suits my riding style in the near future. Marcel completely understood my reasons and there were no hard feelings which was proven by their message of best wishes for me on their social media accounts. I am disappointed but at the same time amused at what people write and that they waste their time posting on social media sites and forums without knowing the truth. Rumours and false statements are aimed to make the person in question look bad, however I am an honest rider and I will make decisions what I am comfortable with whether it turns out right or wrong, at the end of the day I am the one riding the bikes and risking my life. If people wanted to know the reason why they should just ask me and I will explain the truth rather than listen to rumours or made up stories on social media sites and forums. Chris

• Like 7

THE truth is somewhere between the two ... Marcel Gerhard and some guys from Suter drove from Switzerland (via Calais!) to Cardiff with some engines in the belief that Harris would use one. It was only on Friday that he informed them that he wanted to use the GMs that had served him well in recent leagues matches. But for Lambert grabbing one, it would have been a wasted and expensive journey.

GTR were prepared to offer Chris some inducement to use an engine but nothing like the sum that he wanted.

I suggest you read the above statement from Chris himself Mr Rising!!!

• Like 2

So the hanger is now throwing around spurious allegations and passing them off as fact ? Deary me :rolleyes:

It's quite incredible really!

I wonder if it came from one of his darling monster boys?

Remember, this is the man who supported Darcy Ward over the winter. That in itself says all it needs to, but he appears to have sunk to a new low..

No integrity, no credibility..

Philip Rising take a bow :t:

Edited by Jacques
  • Like 5

From Chris himself:

The reason I chose not to ride the GTR at the British SGP is due to not having enough track time with the engine to understand how it works and how to set it up to my riding style.

Hardly surprising is it? Anyway I think Chris made the right decision.

So the hanger is now throwing around spurious allegations and passing them off as fact ? Deary me :rolleyes:

It's quite incredible really!

I wonder if it came from one of his darling monster boys?

Remember, this is the man who supported Darcy Ward over the winter. That in itself says all it needs to, but he appears to have sunk to a new low..

No integrity, no credibility..

Philip Rising take a bow :t:

JUST for the record can you provide any evidence that I supported Darcy Ward over the winter.

JUST for the record can you provide any evidence that I supported Darcy Ward over the winter.

It's all over the Darcy Ward thread!

• Like 4

Why should I..you must know what you've written surely? I'm certainly not going to trawl through hundreds of pages to help you!

• Like 1

In some ways I agree. But I look at some fo the crap that qualifies over the years and compare it to the wildcards, and suddenly..... without wildcards Nicki is only a double World Champion and Tai is still waiting. Yet I don't think a single World Champion come from the previous years GP qualifier.

could argue that these 2 when picked were picked at the right time because they went on and won the title in the wildcard year.

the problem with the wildcard is that a lot of the time it has been done so that there are enough from a certain nation involved.

where Harris is concerned and Lindgren to a certain extent they both received wildcards when they didn't deserve them but they were at that time the better option from that nation.

Why should I..you must know what you've written surely? I'm certainly not going to trawl through hundreds of pages to help you!

WOULDN'T matter if you did. I never defended Ward. Criticised the various processes and the time it took, although subsequently admitted that the FIM were largely vindicated when the full report came out.

Anyway, not sure what this is doing on this particular thread.

BUT you have lied about Chris Harris being offered money to ride a GTR engine at Cardiff?

• Like 1

WOULDN'T matter if you did. I never defended Ward. Criticised the various processes and the time it took, although subsequently admitted that the FIM were largely vindicated when the full report came out.

Anyway, not sure what this is doing on this particular thread.

It's on this thread, because this thread is about Chris Harris, you know, the rider you made false allegations about... :rolleyes:

Looking forward to seeing the accusations printed in the Speedway Comic...No doubt it`ll just miss the tight printing schedules.

• Like 1

Would be great to see Chris's Harris aboard a "Peter Johns Rocket" such as Tai Woffinden is testing in Poland

BUT you have lied about Chris Harris being offered money to ride a GTR engine at Cardiff?

Thank god the GTR has nothing to do with Briggs . or he would have had Harris Hung , drawn and quartered by now