British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

Scunthorpe Scorpions Vs Peterborough Panthers ( P L) - Friday, July 10th (7.30pm)

What time are the gates open, 6 or 6 30 ??

6.30 ish depends when the ladies get there and set up for business.

Looking like a Panthers select team once again. Robert Lambert injured, MPT ill, Blackbird riding for Wolves and Grondal riding World U21.

Tungate for Lambert, Roynon for MPT, Kus for Blackbird, R/R for Grondal

Edited by Noodles

6.30 ish depends when the ladies get there and set up for business.

Thanks mate, will be heading straight to the bar for a pint, or 2 after my trip from Bristol!!

• Like 1

Looking like a Panthers select team once again. Robert Lambert injured, MPT ill, Blackbird riding for Wolves and Grondal riding World U21.

Dont fancy our chances then and not a Tungate fan so il Think I'll give this one a miss then..shame.

Neither Lambert or MPT are completely ruled out yet, with Peterborough due to make a late decision on both.

Tommy The Gun guests for Josh Auty, who is still a week away from being fit enough to return. Josh was going to see how he felt after having the pin removed from his hand on Wednesday. Thomas Jorgensen flies around Scunny (he scored paid 13 while guesting for Redcar earlier in the season), so he should be a decent guest for Josh.

Weather forecast for today is a cracker, and will be great to see Ryan Douglas back in action.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 1

Table-topping Panthers have half a team missing
3091196445.jpg
Simon Lambert is one of three regular Panthers' riders definitely in action at Scunthorpe. Photo: David Lowndes.
Mark Plummer

08:40Friday 10 July 2015

Peterborough Panthers face the prospect of going into Premier League battle with more than half their own team missing tonight (July 10).

The table-topping city racers travel to bottom side Scunthorpe with injury, illness and unavailability problems.

ADVERTISING

Returning captain Ulrich Ostergaard and the reserve pair of Simon Lambert and Rafal Konopka are likely to be the only Panthers’ regulars lining up at the Eddie Wright Raceway (7.30pm).

Teen talent Robert Lambert is struggling to overcome the effects of a nasty crash in the club’s televised triumph at Berwick on Wednesday (July 8) while Michael Palm Toft has gone down with illness.

Latest recruit Emil Grondal is missing due to commitments in the World Under 21 Championship tomorrow in Italy and Lewis Blackbird races in the Elite League for Wolverhampton.

Panthers will operate rider replacement to cover the absence of Grondal and could also enlist the services of three guests.

Czech ace Matej Kus of Redcar, who scored 14 points against Panthers last weekend, is definitely in for Blackbird.

Ipswich man Rohan Tungate and Redcar racer Adam Roynon are on stand-by for Robert Lambert and Palm Toft respectively.

Joint team boss Carl Johnson said: “It certainly won’t be ideal having riders missing, but it is something we overcame at Berwick on Wednesday and I’m confident we can do the same again.

“Going top of the table has given everyone from riders to supporters a great buzz and we will be doing everything we can to stay there.

“Our away record is terrific and Scunthorpe have already lost several times at home so we will be confident of getting a result.”

Panthers’ lead at the Premier League summit was cut to a point as Somerset picked up a consolation point from a narrow defeat at Redcar last night.

TEAMS

SCUNTHORPE: Thomas Jorgensen (guest), Theor Pijper, Alex Davies, Carl Wilkinson, Ryan Douglas, Ben Wilson, Nike Lunna.

PANTHERS: Ulrich Ostergaard, Rider replacement for Emil Grondal, Matej Kus (guest), Michael Palm Toft (or Adam Roynon, guest), Robert Lambert (or Rohan Tungate, guest), Rafal Konopka, Simon Lambert.

Dont fancy our chances then and not a Tungate fan so il Think I'll give this one a miss then..shame.

and this is why crowds at scunny are dwindling...not supporting a team.....one post on facebook mirrored this quote..."scunny havent built a solid looking side for a couple of seasons and dosent exite me enough to want to go and watch them"...ok then stay away until we do build a team you like or get a rider you like...oh hang on the club wont run by them, talk about supporting your team, dont make me laugh

Edited by neck brace tony
  • Like 3

Palm Toft confirms he's not riding.

Tungate confirms he is

Both on their Twitter accounts. So Lambert and MPT both out

and this is why crowds at scunny are dwindling...not supporting a team.....one post on facebook mirrored this quote..."scunny havent built a solid looking side for a couple of seasons and dosent exite me enough to want to go and watch them"...ok then stay away until we do build a team you like or get a rider you like...oh hang on the club wont run by them, talk about supporting your team, dont make me laugh

Speedway crowds are dwindling because the sport's a mess and as an entertainment package it's poor value.The sport is also down to the bare bones of the "because it's there" hardcore fans so I'm not sure whether that threat works now, even if it's true in that respect.

Absolutely gutted 3 guests and R/R for Peterborough! Been looking forward to this meeting all week, think scunny will win this one now by about 12 points

Edited by andrew parker

I hope it will be a very competitive and entertaining meeting. Unfortunate for the Panthers to lose two on form riders in Lambert and Palm Toft at relatively short notice but again, I think the managers have selected capable guests in Roynon and Tungate as well as Kus for the EL committed Blackbird. Scorpions however, also have Jorgensen as a guest so I think it will be a close affair.

It should be a nice evening so I hope there is a good crowd spuring on both teams. It would be very sad indeed for speedway if the Scorpions did not continue into next season.

.....one post on facebook mirrored this quote..."scunny havent built a solid looking side for a couple of seasons and dosent exite me enough to want to go and watch them"...

Rather odd comment though--last years team was very good,made playoffs and until Douglas,Briks and Klindt bust their hands---were the form team

If a team Like Auty,Douglas,Jorgensen,Klindt,Birks,Perry and Howe is Solid looking i dont know what is

Speedway crowds are dwindling because the sport's a mess and as an entertainment package it's poor value.The sport is also down to the bare bones of the "because it's there" hardcore fans so I'm not sure whether that threat works now, even if it's true in that respect.

And yet....................in my trips to Glasgow this season their gates have at least doubled. I was told that at the TVmatch the place was packed, so that must be around 2,500 people.

I wonder how many extra fans will be at Leicester tomorrow to see Darcy Ward ? Its probably enough to convince me to go there instead of Workington.

The problem for Scunny was that they got off to a disastrous start, even losing at home to a poor Redcar side. I was there for the opener against Sheffield and RobGodfrey was thanking everyone for going because the gate was so good. Local derby maybe, but a few poor home performances will have fans leaving and its very difficult to get them back.

To me, that's the major reason why things are the way they are. It certainly isn't the quality of the racing, the presentation or the speed that meetings are run.

The problem for Scunny was that they got off to a disastrous start, even losing at home to a poor Redcar side. I was there for the opener against Sheffield and RobGodfrey was thanking everyone for going because the gate was so good. Local derby maybe, but a few poor home performances will have fans leaving and its very difficult to get them back.

Wasn't that his point though, in that fickle fans can only be fickle if the club is there in the first place and people should remember that?

If the overall entertainment package was better than tractor racing, extended breaks and invisible people on microphones for example, then a few poor home performances might not be the be all and end all of the situation.

If we want to compare highlights then how about this one from Mick Bratley? "I will never forget that the 2006 Grand Final, arguably the greatest modern day meeting ever, watched live by over 6000 people and by thousands more at home, was followed by a Craven Shield fixture attended by less than 700 people. If that Grand Final won’t pull people in, then what will?!?!"

They might turn up for the new Glasgow or Ward but overall speedway is a mess.

Edited by Crump99

I think they should bring in yet another new rule...if half your team us missing then meeting should be cancelled.