British Speedway Forum
pvm

Redcar V Somerset Thursday 9th July

Redcar cheated - are you telling me they didn't know the averages of their own team. Therefore gave wrongful information for their own benefit.

Yes that's what we are telling you! I don't find it hard to believe at all. The Redcar management are well capable of this.

You are asking us to believe that "Redcar" knew when the programme was printed that Jan Graversen would be injured just before the meeting and would have to use R/R, knew that they would be behind by 10 before heat 8, knew that Kus would be riding better than Robson etc etc.

It was a cock up not a conspiracy!

• Like 2

Is it too much to expect that team managers and ref turn up for a meeting with the correct averages of all fourteen riders? The latest averages are readily available. The programme is for the information of supporters, not an official document. Errors in the programme mean squat. Having your opponents correct averages is as important as having your own.

Running a meeting based on what's written in the programme is laughable and unprofessional in the extreme. I don't think Gary May waited until Somerset were behind until he protested as someone suggested, I think he protested when it was pointed out to him and I'd bet a pound to a pinch of sh!t it was a supporter who brought it to his attention.

Nobody comes out of this with any credit.

Hans Christian Andersen

The Brothers Grimm

Aesop

JK Rowling

BrummieRebel

Great strory tellers of all time! wink

Yes certainly be sure to buy my new book.

• Like 1

It was Reading vs Oxford in 1997. The Oxford team manager made a mistake in replacing a non-injured reserve with a supplementary reserve in Heat 1, the ref sanctioned it, Oxford won 46-44 on the night, the Reading team manager protested, and a couple of days later, it was announced the scoreline had been changed to 45-45. As an Oxford fan I wasn't best pleased at the time, but any fury was directed towards those who had made the error, as opposed to the Reading management. Fortunately, the Oxford team manager was changed the following winter.

Why bring that up now? Well the Reading team manager, one of the most astute in the business, is one of those contributing to this thread. ;)

But that's an example of how it should be. You make a mistake; you get penalised for it. An illegal ride should not be allowed to stand, otherwise it makes a mockery of the sport.

All the best

Rob

Thanks for the informative reply.

Still think you're going a bit over the top by reckoning one illegal but allowed-to-stand ride makes a mockery of the sport given speedway seems to have an inexhaustible supply of ways to make a mockery of itself !!

• Like 1

How can a promotion get the correct averages the week before and print it in the programme and then the next week put the previous month averages against a top team and would make Kus available for tactical if needed. if not needed it has not cost them anything. I still say no smoke without fire. Redcar promotion love when people say they can not think that cleverly........ this is how to get away with things.

How can a promotion get the correct averages the week before and print it in the programme and then the next week put the previous month averages against a top team and would make Kus available for tactical if needed. if not needed it has not cost them anything. I still say no smoke without fire. Redcar promotion love when people say they can not think that cleverly........ this is how to get away with things.

Just had a call from someone who was at the Scunny match on the 2nd and the averages were wrong in that programme as well !!!

Just had a call from someone who was at the Scunny match on the 2nd and the averages were wrong in that programme as well !!!

Why then did the bspa change the averages in thier report on the 2nd july but then not change the averages in thier report on thr 9th. July. come on wake up. look at the bspa reports.on the official bspa site

Edited by workman

Wasn't going to comment on this and take a backseat but I can't believe much debate there is for something that is plainly simple.

Redcar cheated - are you telling me they didn't know the averages of their own team. Therefore gave wrongful information for their own benefit.

Referee - made a mistake and went off the averages via the programme and did not cross check - as stated in the SCB statement.

Somerset - Agreed before but agreed to the averages given from the referee. Would not have found out until later in the meeting and protested as soon as they could.

Thats my veiw of it all and think it makes sense.

if you knew anything you'd know they dont have the brains

its over now anyway - unsatisfactory all round but its over

Why then did the bspa change the averages in thier report on the 2nd july but then not change the averages in thier report on thr 9th. July. come on wake up

Nothing to do with the BSPA-the spreadsheet s you link to through the BSPA website are the official SCB referees scorecards-Michael Breckon obviously filled in the correct July averages for the Scunny match, whereas Dave Dowling in the Somerset match cocked up and used the June averages printed in the programme instead of the correct July`s

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

Why then did the bspa change the averages in thier report on the 2nd july but then not change the averages in thier report on thr 9th. July. come on wake up. look at the bspa reports.on the official bspa site

The BSPA didn't change anything.

The BSPA Press Office posted the official scorecard compiled by the SCB Referee at the meeting onto the BSPA website.

The BSPA didn't change anything.

The BSPA Press Office posted the official scorecard compiled by the SCB Referee at the meeting onto the BSPA website.

If you look at my post this is what I am saying. The 2nd july has the correct averages then the 9th. is incorrect

I fully agree about the last sentence-and I hope my suggestion in post 106 is considered as I don`t think the "green sheets" are as clear as they should be.

This is probably a good time to recount a funny story. A few years before I became a team manager I was just a Racers supporter writing bits and pieces in the programme but I was always interested in the rule-book. I was at Sheffield one night to watch the Racers and Bill Dore was team managing them at the time. I was stood looking into the pits when Bill came along and told me that Sheffield-Eric Boocock and Maurice Ducker had changed ther line-up late -I can`t remember the exact details however I knew they couldn`t do what they were trying to do legally.

Bill said follow me-so I jumped over the fence and in the Gent`s toilet, the ref ,me Eric and john Davis the Racers captain had a rules meeting with the ref agreeing with me(the punter) that Sheffield were trying to pull a fast one ! Obviously the evening had a happy ending with the Racers winning.

Not in the least-but there are code of conduct fines for all sorts of things-and believe me A match on the 9th July using June averages is a major cock-up(as the SCB has rightly said).

What goes on in the toilet, stays in the toilet. :rolleyes:

If you look at my post this is what I am saying. The 2nd july has the correct averages then the 9th. is incorrect

But you should be saying the referee typed in the correct averages in his scorecard on the 2nd but the ref on the 9th didn`t

however we knew that several days ago-we have only just found out that Redcar used incorrect averages in their programme 2 weeks running !!!!!

What goes on in the toilet, stays in the toilet. :rolleyes:

With Eric talking a load of c*ap-it was probably the best place for the meeting :lol:

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

Now if that happened on Hampstead Heath it would havea totally different meaning. :wink:

• Like 1

Which is because the referee on the 9th July inadvertently used the wrong averages, whilst the referee on the 2nd July used the correct ones, even if the incorrect ones had been printed in the programme.

The scorecards on the BSPA website are posted by the BSPA Press Office exactly as they are submitted by the SCB Referee for each meeting.