British Speedway Forum
pvm

Redcar V Somerset Thursday 9th July

There'll be plenty of football matches in the upcoming season where the ref and his assistants make what's easily proven by replays to be a clanger (striker at least a yard offside when he scores, foul committed a yard outside the 18-yard box but penalty awarded, handball awarded when it's clearly only hit the defender's chest or face, etc) but everyone accepts that unless there are very exceptional circumstances, the clanger stands unless it's immediately corrected before the game continues into its next phase.

Using the football thing, try fielding an ineligible player in football. See what the outcome is.

If Poole did what Redcar did then you would be up to 50 pages by now!

They did at Peterborough a couple of years ago-illegal guest for a missing rider with +5% added to his average which should have only been used for home riders

Edited by racers and royals

If Poole did what Redcar did then you would be up to 50 pages by now!

Weirdly, probably not. Poole only tend to get page after page of slagging off when people think they have done something wrong. When Poole fielded an illegal team against Lakeside 3 years ago nobody seemed to give a rubbish.

Yawn... -_-

Meeting Result: Redcar 48 Somerset 45.

Yawn you might !! but it`s hard to judge who is more incompetent- Redcar Speedway or the referee ??

In my opinion Redcar Speedway just !!!!

Yawn you might !! but it`s hard to judge who is more incompetent- Redcar Speedway or the referee ??

or maybe the Somerset management??

at the end of the day we've heard everything there is to say on this

its just rehashing old comments - its over

They did at Peterborough a couple of years ago-illegal guest for a missing rider with +5% added to his average which should have only been used for home riders

yes I remember. It was Mr Proctor and guess what. The result was amended.

I disagree that we have heard everything to say on this-and it`s not rehashing old comments. I would like to hear further from someone at Redcar

1 why were the wrong averages printed in the programme for 2 weeks running ?

2 Did Michael Breckon inform Redcar speedway of that error during the 1st meeting. ?

yes I remember. It was Mr Proctor and guess what. The result was amended.

And guess what-it was not to everyone`s satisfaction because R/R was also being used which muddied the situation somewhat !!!

Using the football thing, try fielding an ineligible player in football. See what the outcome is.

See my previous post with a link to a BBC article where New Zealand have just been kicked out of the 2016 Olympic Football for fielding an ineligible player in qualifying.

See my previous post with a link to a BBC article where New Zealand have just been kicked out of the 2016 Olympic Football for fielding an ineligible player in qualifying.

I have sent an email to the Redcar promotion asking them to withdraw from the next Olympic games - hope this will satisfy the people demanding further sanctions :wink:

However given how cunning Havvy senior is (apparently) no doubt he will be able to get around this somehow. R/R in Rio!

Does anyone know if Havvys request to have all the averages written in pencil in the programme in future has been agreed to?

(Apologies for the flippant nature of this reply but quite frankly it's no more ridiculous than the conspiracy theories posted on here)

• Like 4

Even though the somerset mangement went on the averages given to them via the referee. So at that time had no idea it was Ilegal. It was only when they found out they protested. I don't mind getting just the one point but what message is this sending out.

Even though the somerset mangement went on the averages given to them via the referee. So at that time had no idea it was Ilegal. It was only when they found out they protested. I don't mind getting just the one point but what message is this sending out.

That the Somerset management should be on the ball perhaps !!!

• Like 2

I am not certain how you are laying this all at the door of Redcar and the referee. According to the SCB report, R/R for Graverson was discussed prior to the meeting starting.

Somerset had no issue............until heat 12 (by which time, of course, they were losing).

Who on earth checks the average two thirds of the way through the meeting but not at the start ?

There is blame on all sides - in my view, the principle one at fault was the referee. After all, he made the decision on R/R and is therefore responsible for allowing Kus to ride.

I disagree that we have heard everything to say on this-and it`s not rehashing old comments. I would like to hear further from someone at Redcar

1 why were the wrong averages printed in the programme for 2 weeks running ?

2 Did Michael Breckon inform Redcar speedway of that error during the 1st meeting. ?

And guess what-it was not to everyone`s satisfaction because R/R was also being used which muddied the situation somewhat !!!

If a statement needs to be made by anyone, surely its Somerset ? They, after all, were the ones that protested and in terms of match points they lost out.

I suspect they are keeping quiet because anyone who makes public noise about an SCB decision usually gets poleaxed from all sides but it could easily also be because if they do go public they'll look foolish.

As I have said above, who checks the averages two thirds of the way through but not at the start ?

• Like 2

If a statement needs to be made by anyone, surely its Somerset ? They, after all, were the ones that protested and in terms of match points they lost out.

I suspect they are keeping quiet because anyone who makes public noise about an SCB decision usually gets poleaxed from all sides but it could easily also be because if they do go public they'll look foolish.

Sorry HT, but that's complete nonsense.

Their statement to say that they accept the SCB decision has been on the Rebels website since yesterday, if only you took the time to look, rather than castigate them for not doing what they have already done :rolleyes:

• Like 1