British Speedway Forum
pvm

Redcar V Somerset Thursday 9th July

As a Redcar fan I am not bothered, it does not matter to us - take the points off but we still pay Matey as he deserved it and our management dont really care about our placing anyway so sure they wont be that bothered.

First meeting in a few weeks for me, and again what a great crowd considering the dross that has been served up to the fans for last couple of years now - some clubs would kill for attendances like that, god knows how good we would be if we had a decent team.

Anyway, good meeting all in - but just wanted to say this was my first personal viewing of Brady Kurtz and he is jaw droppingly good, I dont want to pile pressure on the boy but he was using lines I had only seen the likes of Woffinden ride at the STMP coming inside off second bend for instance.

To me looks a younger version of Crump and best young Aussie since Holder or Ward, great to see.

Also pleased with JB Andersen for Bears and although he looks a bit short on power, seems a very good rider.

And despite the decent performance, for the life of me I can't see how Ben Morley still has a team place with us, hasnt progressed one bit since the start of the year...people slag of Dilger and Konopka, but he is much worse - we must be getting some sort of bonus from the BSPA to keep the Brit in!

Edited by RedcarRacer
  • Like 1

Nobody comes out of this in a good light, mistakes have been made, and everyone will learn from this sad episode.

It is unfortunate, that due to a series of unfortunate events, that a simple printing error has had such consequences.

To suggest it was a deliberate attempt to cheat is just plain silly. It just happens that on this occasion a rider was unable to ride due to injury and that rider happened to be Jan Graversen, which dis-advantaged Somerset. It could just as easily been Matej Kus, which would have dis-advantaged Redcar or as happened the previous week, no riders were injured so no teams were dis-advantaged.

Just as an aside, as a former Golf rules official, if something similar happened during a match-play event, where a player or team should or shouldn't have received a stoke at a hole but did or didn't receive a stroke, if that mistake is not rectified before the commence of the next hole, then the result of the hole where the mistake took place would stand. This must have happened in the past because it is in the "Decision's on the Rules of Golf" book. For those not familiar with the rules of golf, the Rule book is a 30 page booklet with 30+ rules, The decisions book is a book containing all the decision made by the ruling body (R&A) regarding each and every possible scenario that a rule may have been broken, and is 600+ pages and is reviewed every two years. Maybe speedway needs something similar, something that provides consistency when it comes to rules, and the breaking of said rules, whether actual rule breaking or just perceived rule breaking.

Sorry HT, but that's complete nonsense.

Their statement to say that they accept the SCB decision has been on the Rebels website since yesterday, if only you took the time to look, rather than castigate them for not doing what they have already done :rolleyes:

I must admit I didn't look.

Even if I had, I'd still have said they were keeping quiet. Saying disappointed but accept it is hardly a comprehensive statement regarding what happened, is it ?

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 2

I must admit I didn't look.

Even if I had, I'd still have said they were keeping quiet. Saying disappointed but accept it is hardly a comprehensive statement regarding what happened, is it ?

Why would they need to do that?

They protested at the first opportunity they had, after learning the printed averages were wrong, and not, as some would have you believe because they were losing, they lodged their protest, paid the fee, and awaited the decision.

Once that decision was made, they haven't kicked up a fuss as some on here have, they just accepted the decision and moved on. So I don't understand the desire of either yourself or anyone else on here needing to know what might be indelicately described as the 'In's and out's of the Cat's arse'. :rolleyes:

Think everyone should take a leaf out of the Somerset Management's book, and just move on. There's nothing more to say really..........Cheers !! :drink:

• Like 3

The Somerset management probably found out because people on twitter were questioning it - Its entirely possible someone in the crowd mentioned it to them after looking on twitter.

Shows how crap this forum has become over the last few years... Before the controversy there was 2 posts on this meeting, now there are 13 pages from forum members who think they know it all

• Like 2

Hi everyone! I am new to the site and my posts are not shown straight away so they loose their impact. I would like to speak for as a Rebels fan and say yes we were a bit put out having missed out on the away points but Gazza protested, the protest was to late, the SCB have made there decision the management and fans have accepted it in the light that you aren't going to change it so lets move on. Redcar visit the Oaktree on the 7th August we will endeavour to gain their respect on that occasion on the track. If you get my drift. :wink:

See my previous post with a link to a BBC article where New Zealand have just been kicked out of the 2016 Olympic Football for fielding an ineligible player in qualifying.

Dear me, it's almost a one man vendetta....you won't be satisfied until Redcar have paid of the Greek bale-out and have been thrown out of the league.

Your comparison with the football incident is bordering on the ridiculous

Edited by erimus11
  • Like 1

To be honest I am fairly happy with the point from this. Its the same as Edinburgh got there and we lost unbeaten Wrighty and obviously an ilegal ride along the way. Credit where it is due Redcar came back at us.

Just read the SCB statement which is embarrassing and sums speedway up I`m afraid. The simple and sensible action to take was to take off the six points for the illegal ride by Kus. If the Bears had won 50-40 thus making it 44-40 everything would be fine,and a severe ticking off for the two bob ref and Bears management.The Bears could then justify their boast about a great comeback. Instead the only party in this that has done nothing wrong in this whole sorry saga have been punished by the loss of two points.

One wonders what would have happened if the roles had been reversed and this had taken place at the OTA and Somerset had ridden an illegible rider and nicked the result.

Well done to the Somerset management for accepting with good grace a quite ridiculous decision by the morons who run our sport, once again , you really couldnt make it up.

ps. Get well soon Charles Wright who until his unfortunate injury was unbeaten by an opposing rider which probably also helped in the great comeback.

Just read the SCB statement which is embarrassing and sums speedway up I`m afraid. The simple and sensible action to take was to take off the six points for the illegal ride by Kus. If the Bears had won 50-40 thus making it 44-40 everything would be fine,and a severe ticking off for the two bob ref and Bears management.The Bears could then justify their boast about a great comeback. Instead the only party in this that has done nothing wrong in this whole sorry saga have been punished by the loss of two points.

One wonders what would have happened if the roles had been reversed and this had taken place at the OTA and Somerset had ridden an illegible rider and nicked the result.

Well done to the Somerset management for accepting with good grace a quite ridiculous decision by the morons who run our sport, once again , you really couldnt make it up.

ps. Get well soon Charles Wright who until his unfortunate injury was unbeaten by an opposing rider which probably also helped in the great comeback.

well said

are you going to shut up now

• Like 1

To be honest I am fairly happy with the point from this. Its the same as Edinburgh got there and we lost unbeaten Wrighty and obviously an ilegal ride along the way. Credit where it is due Redcar came back at us.

the scammers got scammed... lol.

Sour grapes. Bears would still have got a 8-1 with Robson.

Sour grapes. Bears would still have got a 8-1 with Robson.

Crystal ball !!! hahaha