Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
pvm

Redcar V Somerset Thursday 9th July

Official scorecard now on bspa website and clearly shows the score chart with Junes averages.

New ones declared on 24th June for July meetings. Redcar gain from redcar mistake.

Redcar must have known over the last 2weeks that Kus has gone above Robson especially as they were making changes and looking at averages.

6 point deduction is coming their way.

Interesting that Robson having had the crash wouldn't have been ready for the ht8 double ride anyway

Official scorecard now on bspa website and clearly shows the score chart with Junes averages.

New ones declared on 24th June for July meetings. Redcar gain from Ref`s mistake.

Redcar must have known over the last 2weeks that Kus has gone above Robson especially as they were making changes and looking at averages.

Interesting that Robson having had the crash wouldn't have been ready for the ht8 double ride anyway

Edited for accuracy

Edited for accuracy

To be honest, any one in their right mind can tell that all three parties are at fault for various reasons here. Playing the blame game is pointless and doesn't solve anything. The only thing we do know for sure is that a rule has been broken and needs to be solved now.

• Like 6

New ones declared on 24th June for July meetings. Redcar gain from redcar mistake.

I think an average or averages were wrong in the Berwick program (could have been at an away meeting).

The referee had the announcer read out the correct averages before the parade (saying to me that the referee checked the averages despite it not making any difference to the team line-ups).

I cannot remember but I think it was last season. :cheers:

• Like 1

To be honest, any one in their right mind can tell that all three parties are at fault for various reasons here. Playing the blame game is pointless and doesn't solve anything. The only thing we do know for sure is that a rule has been broken and needs to be solved now.

What rule exactly the ref determined the averages being used before match and both team`s agreed , Redcar questioned the use of Kus and were told it was fine before the start and dummerset complained when they were getting beat .

• Like 1

I think an average or averages were wrong in the Berwick program (could have been at an away meeting).

The referee had the announcer read out the correct averages before the parade (saying to me that the referee checked the averages despite it not making any difference to the team line-ups).

I cannot remember but I think it was last season. :cheers:

Funnily enough I also remember this happening and it sprung to mind when hearing of this incident, Dave Dowling must not be very aware of the goings on

What rule exactly the ref determined the averages being used before match and both team`s agreed , Redcar questioned the use of Kus and were told it was fine before the start and dummerset complained when they were getting beat .

How about 16.4.1:

"The Home Team must notify their Opponents of the Team Line-Up at least 5 days before the Meeting to which the Away Team must respond within 24 hours with their Team Line-Up. All notifications must be in writing, include the MA’s and...

not to mention 14.9.1 (Duties of the referee):

Duties prior to, and/or Pre-Meeting are to check:

* the Programme, ...

The first was clearly broken by the home team as the MAs were not correct, and the second by the referee as he didn't spot the mistake

• Like 1

The previous week Redcar away had the correct July averages, so they were aware that Kus was the higher average. Their home match on 2nd July had Kus at 6.83 and Robson at 6.68. What can you make of this. Redcar have produced the correct averages on 2nd July when not on r/r but the wrong averages against Somerset when using r/r. no smoke without fire. This information is taken from the official bspa score charts on the main bspa web site

Edited by workman

The previous week Redcar away had the correct July averages, so they were aware that Kus was the higher average. Their home match on 2nd July had Kus at 6.83 and Robson at 6.68. What can you make of this. Redcar have produced the correct averages on 2nd July when not on r/r but the wrong averages against Somerset when using r/r. no smoke without fire. This information is taken from the official bspa score charts on the main bspa web site

Brilliant conspiracy theory but unless Redcar were also repsonsible for Jan Graversen "pulling out at the eleventh hour after sustaining a freak injury at work" they wouldn't have known that they were using R/R when the programme was printed. I suggest you turn your attention to "did man really land on the moon?"

Believe me the Redcar promotion aren't that clever !

It was a genuine error and no party involved comes out of this in a positive light.

• Like 7

Been away so would like to add a further 2 pennies worth. If the SCB do nothing about this cock-up-then they are a joke !!

If the July greensheets issue 16 dated 24th June caused any problem(no-way should have done) with the riders for July not in average order-this was sorted with the issue 19 dated 3rd July where riders are in Average order and clearly show Kus ineligible to take a RR ride for Graversen.

this Green sheet was issued a full 7 days before the match took place.In order to show that british speedway has still a bit of credibility left

1 the result should be altered to minus the points scored by the illegal ride or

2 The match should be replayed.

As for discussions prior to the match about the RR facility -didn`t anyone have the gumption to look at the July green sheets -good team managers have them with them at all times !!

• Like 1

-didn`t anyone have the gumption to look at the July green sheets -good team managers have them with them at all times !!

As do good referees

its all on the bspa w/site.

Result stands!

http://www.speedwaygb.co/news.php?extend.29159

At Brandon earlier this season, Leicester tried to put Walasek out in a heat as injury RR when he wasn't eligible. Havvy noticed and disputed it straightaway and they had to use another rider.

The question here is why wasn't it noticed at the time by either manager or the Ref when it was noticed by the fans.

Edited by mdmc82

somerset get done over. looks like rule breakers win sometimes.

What a joke. What the BSPA have just said is feel free to cheat, as once you have cheated it's too late to change it.

So Somerset can't appeal it but what about the teams battling with Redcar for league position who were not there and part of the discussions?!