British Speedway Forum
pvm

Redcar V Somerset Thursday 9th July

What a joke. What the BSPA have just said is feel free to cheat, as once you have cheated it's too late to change it.

So Somerset can't appeal it but what about the teams battling with Redcar for league position who were not there and part of the discussions?!

After some of the goings on this year, why are you surprised that this is the BSPAs answer

What a joke. What the BSPA have just said is feel free to cheat, as once you have cheated it's too late to change it.

So Somerset can't appeal it but what about the teams battling with Redcar for league position who were not there and part of the discussions?!

Typical BSPA - realise and acknowledge that a mistake has been made, but just brush it under the carpet.

Like I said previously, not only have Somerset been robbed of victory but every single team in the league has been effected. Complete joke of a decision, especially the last part which effectively says "hopefully lessons have been learnt" - but this proves you can cheat and get away with it if it's not picked up on immediately!

Would not say they have been robbed but if they had picked up on the r/r before the heat or after for a protest would of changed the result.

• Like 1

the pairs and now this. what,s next ? kurtZ breaking the tapes in the P.L.R.C.? DONT WORRY, IT WONT BE DAVE DOWLING DOING THE REFFING. OR WILL IT !!

Typical BSPA - realise and acknowledge that a mistake has been made, but just brush it under the carpet.

Like I said previously, not only have Somerset been robbed of victory but every single team in the league has been effected. Complete joke of a decision, especially the last part which effectively says "hopefully lessons have been learnt" - but this proves you can cheat and get away with it if it's not picked up on immediately!

Redcar made a mistake, as did the referee, by allowing Kus to take the R/R,they didn't , in my opinion, cheat.

Presumably you're also labelling the referee a cheat then?

• Like 4

As harsh as it is on Somerset the BSPA have at least applied their own rules.

There is a clear section about timings of protests and this was not met.

It should of course never have happened in the first place but ALL parties have some part in the responsibility for it.

• Like 1

There are words flying about with people calling redcar cheats,but everyone was happy before the meeting started that everything was correct and in order.Now the meeting is live,both teams start 0-0, and everything to play for.The fact Kus wins heat 8 should have nothing to do with it,its just sour grapes that somerset tried to protest,right or wrong everyone was happy to race,and if i was the somerset team manager i would have taken it on the chin myself,as we all agreed at the start of the meeting that everyhing was correct.

• Like 2

As harsh as it is on Somerset the BSPA have at least applied their own rules.

There is a clear section about timings of protests and this was not met.

It should of course never have happened in the first place but ALL parties have some part in the responsibility for it.

Bit what's to stop another PL protesting now as this is the first time they have found out about it? It's not just Somerset who have lost out here - anyone battling Redcar for league places has been cheated.

Mistakes happen, but cheat is a dirty word. Redcar never at any stage arranged to manipulate the rules in their favour on purpose. Even after the crash the heat before Im pretty sure Robson would have won the heat anyway as the Rebels pair in that heat were not exactly tearing up the track all meeting. To be honest I'd have been happy with the tactical been taken away, calling the heat a 5-1 and declaring the meeting a draw. From what I've heard the only person to question whether Kus was legal pre meeting, was the Redcar manager, but both the ref and the Somerset manager agreed it should be Kus.

Mistakes happen, just like Kurtz going through the tapes in heat 13.

Bit what's to stop another PL protesting now as this is the first time they have found out about it? It's not just Somerset who have lost out here - anyone battling Redcar for league places has been cheated.

Stop using the word cheat. Nobody cheated.

• Like 1

After some of the goings on this year, why are you surprised that this is the BSPAs answer

Looks like you lot are a bit error prone also - it was the Speedway Control Bureau (SCB) that made this decision, not the BSPA :oops:

Edited by cyclone
  • Like 3

Stop using the word cheat. Nobody cheated.

The teams battling Redcar for league positions have been cheated. Edited by SCB

Looks like you lot are a bit error prone also - it was the Speedway Control Bureau (SCB) that made this decision, not the BSPA :oops:

the same crap from them all regardless of the letters

True. SCB/BSPA are one and the same though - look at the people at the top of the SCB - 2 of them are BSPA members. Edited by SCB

True. SCB/BSPA are one and the same though - look at the people at the top of the SCB - 2 of them are BSPA members.

From the SCB website:-

"The Bureau consists of 4 nominated Members, two representing the ACU are Gary Thompson (ACU General Secretary) and Dickie Staff (Member of the ACU Track Racing Committee) whilst Alex Harkess (BSPA Chairman) & Gordon Pairman (BSPA Promoter) represent the British Speedway Promoters Association under the independent Chairmanship of Tony Gillias (a former Rider with Coventry & Scunthorpe)."

Hardly one and the same.

Stop trying to wriggle out of admitting you made an error :nono:

• Like 2

I felt cheated as i would of liked to have seen robbo ride rather than kus for a 8-1 anyway lol

• Like 1