British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Countershaftcounter

Just Imagine…….

Just imagine if promotors had some foresight and actually promoted

Just imagine if PL clubs had to have at least 4 Brits

Just imagine if the money thrown at mediocre foreigners was channeled into developing aforementioned Brits

Just imagine if the tracks were better prepared

Just imagine if promotors realised the potential of social media

Just imagine if the rule book was sensibly revamped

Just imagine if it was marketed as an extreme sport, attracting a new generation of fans

Just imagine if some thought went into making presentation / facilities

Feel free to add, just feeling a bit melancholy and wondering where our great sport is going so wrong

• Like 1

Just imagine if promotors had some foresight and actually promoted

Just imagine if PL clubs had to have at least 4 Brits

Just imagine if the money thrown at mediocre foreigners was channeled into developing aforementioned Brits

Just imagine if the tracks were better prepared

Just imagine if promotors realised the potential of social media

Just imagine if the rule book was sensibly revamped

Just imagine if it was marketed as an extreme sport, attracting a new generation of fans

Just imagine if some thought went into making presentation / facilities

Feel free to add, just feeling a bit melancholy and wondering where our great sport is going so wrong

Eastbourne have been all over social media this year, like a rash.

You can argue that it is a generational thing with social media being of Connor Dugard's generation.

Having said that, it's his father who has a higher profile on Twitter.

It also helps that the sponsors are an IT company and also support the ITFirst Eagles on social media.

It was part of Eastvourne's strategy to use social media to promote and engage with the fans. Eastbourne talks to the fans on Twitter and Facebook, in particular.

And, they do listen to what people say.

It is changing perceptions. A lot of clubs could benefit from taking a look at what is happening in Sussex

Take a look at Glasgow at the moment some great promotion going on there. Constant tweets and Facebook posts including fan/sponsor interviews and competitions. Although the presentation at stadium still needs a wee bit of work and a more smooth operation (small teething problems really). They are always looking to improve. Definitely jealous of what's happening through there. Many promotions take note.

• Like 1

Many clubs are doing loads on social media, some certainly better than others!

Some promoters put loads of time and energy into promoting, some not, if they get in the money to be able to pay someone to do the promotion they 100% should, no half arsed promotion ......

Take a look at Glasgow at the moment some great promotion going on there. Constant tweets and Facebook posts including fan/sponsor interviews and competitions. Although the presentation at stadium still needs a wee bit of work and a more smooth operation (small teething problems really). They are always looking to improve. Definitely jealous of what's happening through there. Many promotions take note.

Apart from the fact they've got so posh now that they don't allow dogs anymore so have lost some supporters, but of course that doesn't matter at the moment because they're doing okay.

Apart from the fact they've got so posh now that they don't allow dogs anymore so have lost some supporters, but of course that doesn't matter at the moment because they're doing okay.

We wont allow dogs even if the gates drop. It's not about being posh it's about Health & Safety. Take your dog to the pictures to see Lassie.

Edited by tyretrax
  • Like 3

We wont allow dogs even if the gates drop. It's not about being posh it's about Health & Safety. Take your dog to the pictures to see Lassie.

Is that fact, or just a guess?

If it is fact, can you explain it, please?

I don't think many sporting events do allow dogs do they ?.......I'm a dog owner and a dog lover but I don't think they should be allowed Ito speedway stadiums , and that's to do with the owners rather than the dogs...imagine one getting loose during a race !

There are too many rubbish foreigners over here....of course all foreign riders were all beginners here at some point and some swam and some sunk...the problem seems to be that some are employed that keep on sinking and some are employed when it's obvious they are second rate.....a top rate foreigner is a massive asset , as is a young foreigner whose potential is obvious to all....they are great additions to any league.....but some have been here a while and are no better than a young Brit....what's the point of that ?......promoters seem to think that from the outside it looks more glamorous and attractive to have a foreign name rather that a local lad....it somehow looks more professional or more international......some of the foreigners I've seen lately in the Premier League should never be taking the places of a young Brit...but maybe fans are to blame ?...maybe a lot do want to feel their team is international and a team of Brits is not " sexy" enough.....?

Many clubs are doing loads on social media, some certainly better than others!

Some promoters put loads of time and energy into promoting, some not, if they get in the money to be able to pay someone to do the promotion they 100% should, no half arsed promotion ......

Very true, and they don't have to brag about it. It is a common misnomer on the BSF that promotions don't promote, most do and put a lot of effort into it. Problem is you never know if you gain support in the longer term because of it. Despite that, you have to still do it, to keep it in the eyes of those that might come because of it. I am doing shows, schools, presentations practically every week with my show bike and reaction machine, and sometime I have to turn some down when double booked. Not that critics on here would give promotions qudos for actually doing it.

• Like 3

Is that fact, or just a guess?

If it is fact, can you explain it, please?

What do you want explained? The owners have said dogs are not allowed in---- FACT. Happy now.

Very true, and they don't have to brag about it. It is a common misnomer on the BSF that promotions don't promote, most do and put a lot of effort into it. Problem is you never know if you gain support in the longer term because of it. Despite that, you have to still do it, to keep it in the eyes of those that might come because of it. I am doing shows, schools, presentations practically every week with my show bike and reaction machine, and sometime I have to turn some down when double booked. Not that critics on here would give promotions qudos for actually doing it.

I really want a go on that reaction machine, are u coming to Lynn\Norwich anytime soon?

Still don't know why anyone would take a dog to the speedway anyway.

Edited by tyretrax
  • Like 1

My mate took one to Shawfield regularly.

Then they got married...

• Like 7

I don't either. Poor dogs ~ all those noisy motorbikes, flying shale and children running around. I really don't know how that Border Collie I see at Coventry manages to sleep through it all.

• Like 3