British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Countershaftcounter

Just Imagine…….

Just to add to the poster suggestion that I mentioned earlier.

I've just driven back from my Mother-in-Laws this afternoon. During a drive of about 2 miles, I spotted SIX (yes, I did actually count them) posters advertising a circus locally. No doubt, there will be many more in local shops.

Most circuses I have been to seem to sell out - I wonder how much they spend on social media; compared to whacking a few eye-catching posters up around the town?

I've just driven back from my Mother-in-Laws this afternoon. During a drive of about 2 miles, I spotted SIX (yes, I did actually count them) posters advertising a circus locally. No doubt, there will be many more in local shops.

Most circuses I have been to seem to sell out - I wonder how much they spend on social media; compared to whacking a few eye-catching posters up around the town?

Fly-posting is illegal, social media is legal.

The days have moved on since Len Silver got away with covering east London with posters.

Fly-posting is illegal, social media is legal.

The days have moved on since Len Silver got away with covering east London with posters.

Dead right RMC.

A circus will soon move from one council area to another making enforcement expensive, if not impossible.

Speedway track is fixed target and the council will easily take action,

Unfair?

Too right it is. It annoys me to hell that a circus will litter the town/area but the speedway track (which pays business rates) is smacked down when it tried to put up posters etc

A circus turns up for 5 days a year. Speedway is there for about 20. Not really a fair comparison.

Considering that these posters were on a boarded background and fixed to lamp posts and traffic lights, how does anyone know whether or not agreement was sought, and subsequently given, by our local council?

Given that the circus is being staged on council open-space ground, again with payment to the local council, maybe what they have done is perfectly legal?

It's a pity that since the cessation of The Speedway Mail, we appear to have a few Daily Mail readers instead.

Considering that these posters were on a boarded background and fixed to lamp posts and traffic lights, how does anyone know whether or not agreement was sought, and subsequently given, by our local council?

Given that the circus is being staged on council open-space ground, again with payment to the local council, maybe what they have done is perfectly legal?

It's a pity that since the cessation of The Speedway Mail, we appear to have a few Daily Mail readers instead.

Do you also believe in fairies and Father Christmas? I read the Mail once but the obnoxious right wing politics were so crudely put I raced back to my Independent.

Don't you think that this has been looked into professionally and with lawyers?

I'll leave you to your Beano.

Do you also believe in fairies and Father Christmas? I read the Mail once but the obnoxious right wing politics were so crudely put I raced back to my Independent.

Don't you think that this has been looked into professionally and with lawyers?

I'll leave you to your Beano.

To answer your first two questions, no.

Never read The Independent. As a member of TUSC, I don't read any newspaper, other than The Morning Star.

To answer your third point, dont know - nor really care.

I'd imagine there's far fewer circuses than speedway tracks, and they travel from place-to-place so any given audience would only get to see them very occasionally.

I'd imagine there's far fewer circuses than speedway tracks, and they travel from place-to-place so any given audience would only get to see them very occasionally.

yeah, and once a year is probably enough,,, you normally see 'half price' or '2 for 1 tickets' for circuses, which is good, but then you get scanked with an overpriced crap toy, lol,,,

Be gone by the end of the season.

Would be good if charging a tenner, it increased that crowd of 500 up to 1000.

I have spoken to a few people lately who say they used to go and enjoyed going but found it became to expensive and haven't been since.

I also appreciate you know the costs of running speedway.

If dogs want to go to speedway they should be charged full price just like everybody else.

• Like 1

Oh come on be fair ~ just child's price not full. Lucy is only 5 so I'd be reluctant to pay £18 for her, especially when she just uses the time to have a good sleep. :)

• Like 1

Eastbourne have been all over social media this year, like a rash.

You can argue that it is a generational thing with social media being of Connor Dugard's generation.

Having said that, it's his father who has a higher profile on Twitter.

It also helps that the sponsors are an IT company and also support the ITFirst Eagles on social media.

It was part of Eastvourne's strategy to use social media to promote and engage with the fans. Eastbourne talks to the fans on Twitter and Facebook, in particular.

And, they do listen to what people say.

It is changing perceptions. A lot of clubs could benefit from taking a look at what is happening in Sussex

if eastbourne do listen to what people say, maybe they can reduce uncle bobs tractor breaks, and attempt to run a meeting in under two hours. As an Arlington regular, that would be a good starting point to keep the show moving.

If dogs want to go to speedway they should be charged full price just like everybody else.

Oh come on be fair ~ just child's price not full. Lucy is only 5 so I'd be reluctant to pay £18 for her, especially when she just uses the time to have a good sleep. :)

arr come on,,, that's not fair, how are dogs meant to have money,

not all of them have job's, like police dogs or greyhounds,,,

in anyway ', they don't have anywhere to keep their change, their not like kangaroos with pockets, but if they were, they would probably just jump over the fence, ha ha :)

• Like 3

can anyone else remember the dog at Newport, who used to stand at the exit of Turn 2 ,The solid part of the fence at the start of the straight was Lower ,the dog would stand on its hind legs Looking at the starting gate on the far side .as the riders came to the tapes the Dog would become exited and run out of the exclusion zone where his owner would pick him up so he could follow the whole race ,which he did and appeared to love it