British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Lakeside Move To Kent Kings Unlikely?

In the unlikely event Lakeside drop down to NL next year the EL will be down to an unviable level. Are there PL teams willing to move up or will we see an amalgamation?. Or is it all !pie in the sky"?

They wouldn't do themselves any harm going NL it's a more southern Based league if you look at a map and the racing is very exciting. If top riders aren't bothered with riding their best for British Elite League what is the point in having it when you can have a young British team that give it their all every meeting? It would be better to have more teams in the NL

I for one am all in favour of the El and PL amalgamating and having an enlarged vibrant NL.

• Like 1

I for one am all in favour of the El and PL amalgamating and having an enlarged vibrant NL.

I used to have an enlarged and vibrant NL but now its worn a little thin :rofl::rofl:

• Like 1

Due note has been taken of your opinion cityrebel!!!! :icon_smile_clown:

it's not my opinion john, just a rumour I heard!

I think people just make any nonsense up and they then try and pass it off as fact....

Only last week someone told me that there are two teams who between now and the end of the season are actually planning to run the meeting when they clash without any guest riders at all.....!! :o

He must think I am daft..... :D

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

Harlow Greyhound Stadium may well be interested in staging Speedway racing, but the likeliehood is that its much to close to Rye House.

Would never work. Much too close to Rye, the track would be tiny too. Possibly one of the smallest in the country.

In the unlikely event Lakeside drop down to NL next year the EL will be down to an unviable level. Are there PL teams willing to move up or will we see an amalgamation?. Or is it all !pie in the sky"?

It all depends on which rumour monger you listen to. The bigger issue is which clubs will be running at all next year. At least one PL club looks like going under according to Speedwáy Star .

Funny the things you hear from people who think they are in the know. I heard Richie Worral was valued at £90,000 but Belle Vue got him for the knock down price of £45,000. That wasn't true either. It's amazing the number of people who have been around Speeedway for years still believe the. same old gossip. The latest one I heard (last Friday ) was that Lakeside will be running next year but Jon Cook won't be there. No chance of that either. The golden rule in Speedwáy is believe it when it happens

but I guess you know that already !!

Its a question of trust. The person who told me has links to both Kent and Lakeside and has invariably been correct.

Its also a question of plausibility. Is a move to Kent any less plausible than a move to Romford Greyhound Stadium or Crayford (no offence to those who have suggested it) ?

Is it, indeed, any less plausible than a new track being built next to the existing one ?

As I understand it, the initial position was that Lakeside were to be out of Arena Essex this season, that subsequently being changed. Given that (arguably) the best speedway stadium in the country is around 30 miles and 40 minutes away and its promotion have made no secret of their ambition to take the club to a higher level, to my mind it would have been surprising if there had been no attempts to move the Hammers there.

There has been speculation that Lakeside Hammers were considering a move to Kent Kings in their search for a new base. But this SGB Press Release puts some doubt on that conjecture with Hammers asking supporters to help them find a new home IN ESSEX. The SGB PR reads: -

LAKESIDE are launching their search for a new home for the sport in Essex with a special promotion at their televised clash with league leaders Coventry on Monday, July 27.

With the future of Speedway at the Arena-Essex raceway in doubt under plans for potential development, club bosses want to see a huge response from sports fans.

Admission will be just £5 for the mouth-watering contest with the Bees looking to stay top and have choice of opposition in the play-offs.

Lakeside chief Jon Cook said: “We are starting down the path of finding a new home for the sport in Essex and we’re hoping fans of all sports throughout the county will show their support for our objective on July 27.

“A night at the races for just £5 seems like a pretty good deal to me!”

Tickets are available now from lakesidehammers.co and they will also be available from Sky tickets in mid-week.

Whatever the 'BSF poster experts' may say, the official Lakeside Hammets Press Release indicates strongly that they seek another ESSEX base. So why all the contradictory Posts by BSF members?

Edited by Guest

I wonder if they are regretting the name change to Lakeside now? Will it stay as that or go back to Arena Essex?

I truly hope they find a stadium and would love them to come down to the NL. Its been great following Eastbourne at all the away matches this year. Not only are many local but the distant ones you can still go to as they are at weekends. Add Lakeside to the mix and that's another away match I can go to.

Loving the NL this year and I am sure Hammer fans would as well.

The latest Lakeside Hammers PR again mentions the club's future is in Esses:=

Friday 17th July 2015

THE HAMMERS PREPARE FOR TV SHOWTIME

The Vortex Hammers are without a meeting this evening, Friday 17th July, but preparations are well in hand for the next Elite League Speedway action at the Arena Essex Raceway when the Coventry Buildbase Bees visit live on Sky Sports on Monday 27th July.

The Vortex Hammers boss Jon Cook explained: "With our long term future uncertain at the Arena Essex Raceway we're taking the opportunity to show the good people of Essex and beyond just what a great night out Speedway is and in doing so also strengthen our hand for the Sport to remain in the Borough of Thurrock and the County of Essex. To this end all pre-booked tickets are offered at just £5 for adults and concessions via either our website or Sky Tickets. We're hoping for a bumper crowd and a great atmosphere at the Raceway as we take on this year’s runaway Elite League leaders, Coventry".

The £5 tickets can only be purchased via the Club’s website at www.lakesidehammers.co and accessing the online ticket page from the home page or via the Sky Tickets website.

Edited by Guest

There hasn't been a new track in Essex since.....Lakeside some 30 years ago

Any available land will be housing first due to the high land values and planning restrictions.

We could have a whole new league set up by combining the EL and PL (get rid of the doubling up and far less guests) and regionalise it then have North and South playoffs!

Think you will find it is more than a possibility that Lakeside's Elite League licence will move to Kent in 2016 even if Lakeside's Promotion do not.

If Kent go EL i predict they will finish bottom as they can't put a team together as it is! 😂

• Like 1