British Speedway Forum

Suppose it wont make much difference if the Panthers pull out of the fours as everyone seems to say they dont get many fans each week though the turnstiles anyway.

Edited by scoobydoo

It does make sense though to have the home team in the event if possible, but its difficult to see Peterborough actually able to field any team never mind a competitive one.

Sad, but true! Can't go into the fours with only Ostergaard and Palm Toft. With Simon Lambert and Blackbird both out more than likely and not being able to use Robert Lambert or Grøndal, I just cannot see how they can still remain in the line up. Konopka probably wouldn't be of much use! And that's of no disrespect to him. Even then, they're still a rider short!

Suppose it wont make much difference if the Panthers pull out of the fours as everyone seems to say they dont get many fans each week though the turnstiles anyway.

I think the crowds have been better this year seeing as they moved to Sundays/Fridays. Racing on Tuesdays last year was a real problem. Middle of the week with fans having to work and most people travel a fair distance to get there. I'd consider myself a Panthers supporter now as much as a King's Lynn Stars supporter and I have an hour and a half drive to get there. Some come from even further afield if they've moved away! Tuesdays was a silly night. Friday and Sunday much better. Edited by em1500uk

We know rules is rules and they have to be adhered to but if the Panthers are a rider short they should make a common sence decision to allow one of Grondal or Lambert make up the team

It would no doubt be Grondal as Lambert isnt really interested in Peterborough, whats interesting is the ELRC is now run early season so if the Panthers returned to the EL and signed Iversen Pedersen or Crump as a number one he would ride in this meeting without perhaps turning a wheel for them beforehand Lambert has been riding for Peterborough for 4 months or more and cant ride its just crazy how would you explain it to a new comer to speedway. .

I think the crowds have been better this year seeing as they moved to Sundays/Fridays. Racing on Tuesdays last year was a real problem. Middle of the week with fans having to work and most people travel a fair distance to get there. I'd consider myself a Panthers supporter now as much as a King's Lynn Stars supporter and I have an hour and a half drive to get there. Some come from even further afield if they've moved away! Tuesdays was a silly night. Friday and Sunday much better.

Must be well populated in your part of the stand or elsewhere. I'm just glad that it's been mild on the whole because there are less and less people near me to keep the wind off!

As for the travellers; as Bratley said: "It has always concerned me that an inordinately high percentage of season ticket holders never had a Peterborough post code, this frankly, is shocking" - that extend to non-season ticket holders, just so you don't say that you're not one :)

The number of houses with potential paying customers close to the EoES has done nothing but grow for 30+ years whilst crowd numbers continued to dwindle. What's the answer? I've no idea, but a Frost, Mahoney, Bratley & Rathbone team would be my solution at one last attempt to successfully run at the EoES (I know that I should let it go Hodgy but green & Gold 'til the club is sold :wink: )

Oops, slightly drifting from the point but never miss an opportunity for a whinge!

As for the 4's, if they are not going to let Lambert & Grondal ride (which of course would involve flexible interpretation of the rules, and that's not what the BSPA do) then there must be better 4 out there that will enhance the tournament?

Edited by Crump99

Must be well populated in your part of the stand or elsewhere. I'm just glad that it's been mild on the whole because there are less and less people near me to keep the wind off!

As for the travellers; as Bratley said: "It has always concerned me that an inordinately high percentage of season ticket holders never had a Peterborough post code, this frankly, is shocking" - that extend to non-season ticket holders, just so you don't say that you're not one :)

The number of houses with potential paying customers close to the EoES has done nothing but grow for 30+ years whilst crowd numbers continued to dwindle. What's the answer? I've no idea, but a Frost, Mahoney, Bratley & Rathbone team would be my solution at one last attempt to successfully run at the EoES (I know that I should let it go Hodgy but green & Gold 'til the club is sold :wink: )

Oops, slightly drifting from the point but never miss an opportunity for a whinge!

As for the 4's, if they are not going to let Lambert & Grondal ride (which of course would involve flexible interpretation of the rules, and that's not what the BSPA do) then there must be better 4 out there that will enhance the tournament?

Move on! Nothing to see here 😉
  • Like 1

Move on! Nothing to see here

Where there's life there's hope allegedly :wink:

As to moving on I agree, Bratley allegedly suggested to Rick that to succeed at Peterborough then he had to get out of the EoES. Seven years of fragmented fixtures later, lack of success, closure threats etc and decimated fan base, some might say that he had a point, but any long term fan could probably have told him that.

Totally off the thread yet again, so as I was never going to the 4's under any circumstances I'll leave it in peace unless it gets interesting again if someone makes a decision on our team or participation?

Edited by Crump99

Well, I think the crowds have been better in comparison to last year anyway. A difference in view. You're the local and you've been going for longer than me, so you should know more than me on that front ;) Who am I to argue?! I will be at the fours regardless of whether Peterborough take part or not. I sincerely hope they can feature, but that remains to be seen...

• Like 1

Thought some sort of statement would have been issued by now.

leaving it this late it looks to me like the rules are going to be broken to allow Peterborough to ride.

perhaps they should have broken them and let Lambert be loaned to Sheffield for one day then I am sure we would have qualified as well

In some ways Peterborough are the authors of their own downfall, obviously not the injuries but if they had maybe made it clear to Lambert he need to get to as many meetings as possible then he would've had a proper average by the cut off date, the meeting against Ipswich the night after the SWC race off in Vojens for one.

In some ways Peterborough are the authors of their own downfall, obviously not the injuries but if they had maybe made it clear to Lambert he need to get to as many meetings as possible then he would've had a proper average by the cut off date, the meeting against Ipswich the night after the SWC race off in Vojens for one.

Peterborough management were as annoyed as anyone else that Lambert found it impossible to get back in time for the Ipswich meeting whilst others did.

• Like 1

Here is hoping:

Ully

Lambert

Grondal

MPT

Reserve of Lewis

Doesnt Lewis have to be reserve if he has the lowest average of the five chosen , dont mean that Grondal will get the rides Lewis to be trump card at reserve,

Exactly my thinking, my hoping is all will be available now