Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

Doesnt Lewis have to be reserve if he has the lowest average of the five chosen , dont mean that Grondal will get the rides Lewis to be trump card at reserve,

so even after all the rule bending and manipulation the first thing you think of is how to twist a further advantage out of the situation!!
  • Like 3

the borrowers strike again. i think that , that outcome may have put a few travelling supporters off going and all the borrowers lovers very happy...... rules, what rules ?

i just wonder what the bspa will come up with next to get the 2016 season through to an end.. the rule book..... how does that song go? rip it up and start again...

Edited by jenga

Peterborough are allowed to use Robert Lambert and Emil Grøndal plus Rafał Konopka if necessary.

See here: http://www.peterboroughpanthers.co/news.php?extend.2573.2

Poor old Ged gets the mad brush. I didn't know that Swann had replaced Plummer :shock:

so even after all the rule bending and manipulation the first thing you think of is how to twist a further advantage out of the situation!!

See, your problem is that you keep referring to the rules whereas we keep referring to the guidelines that can be used flexibly for any given situation or ingored totally if necessary: "special dispensation" & "exceptional circumstances" are phrases at the back of the guidelines book in the troubleshooting section.

Having said that, common sense prevailed although it should never have got to this point.

• Like 3

As long as you're annoyed then I'm happy.

always appy lukas.

Stinks!!

But not unexpected. It's just the Fours version "not written down anywhere" of the Swindon/Batchelor March 1 rule (what a trip down memory lane that thread is); and as Dick said at the time:

The problem is the complete lack of anything coming out of the BSPA they run the whole thing in complete secrecy and that's the real problem, if they were up front and open with everything half the aggravation would not exist.

The whole organisation lives in the dark age which is why the sport in this country is on its knees.

Another self created problem this was but it'll not be the last.

• Like 3

To right shouldnt you look forward and never look back, ive said today on another thread dont expect Panthers to win and dont expect Robert Lambert to ride if im wrong its happy days and home track advantage

So Peterborough now look the strongest foursome in there now tbh. I can see some backlash if they win.

I hope any team bar Peterborough win, what an absolute farce :nono::mad: , shouldn't be held there in the first place , couldnt run a pee up in a brewery, the last 2 years have been an shambles and meeting running on for 4-5 hours!! Lets hope next year all competitions like this will be held on neutral ground at the new national stadium in Manchester. I bet some other teams fans will be raging too, I'm chuffed Workington got through but if the likes of Barker, Stead had been riding it would have been a different story, but yet they let Peterborough have anyone they want , stinks to high heaven !!!!!!

• Like 1

I hope any team bar Peterborough win, what an absolute farce :nono::mad: , shouldn't be held there in the first place , couldnt run a pee up in a brewery, the last 2 years have been an shambles and meeting running on for 4-5 hours!! Lets hope next year all competitions like this will be held on neutral ground at the new national stadium in Manchester. I bet some other teams fans will be raging too, I'm chuffed Workington got through but if the likes of Barker, Stead had been riding it would have been a different story, but yet they let Peterborough have anyone they want , stinks to high heaven !!!!!!

Even us ?? the great satans children :lol:

Edited by ekimba

you know T.J. is a secret fan. as all us Cumbrians are .. cookie made us proud of what he has achieved in speedway so far.

I think we all agree that Peterborough shouldn't be in the meeting, if they cant raise a team, had it been another one of Sunday`s qualifiers I wonder the BSPA would've come to the same conclusion.

• Like 1

So Peterborough now look the strongest foursome in there now tbh. I can see some backlash if they win.

Brady, Grajczjonek, Worrall and Wright...... think there the favourites, not us.

Still, all this hatred towards us, wouldnt mind having the trophy in our pit corner at the end of the night :lol:

• Like 2

I can understand why Lambert should be allowed to ride for Peterborough, he's been in their team all year, but Grondal? Hasn't he just signed? Mind you, it sets a precedent. If Glasgow have a new signing in place by the weekend, he can ride in the fours.

All the best

Rob

• Like 2