British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brummiestormer

Birmingham V Kent 15/7/15

This result must have been a shock for Birmingham - just scraped home at the finish? For once, well done Kent Kings!

CITY GEARBOXES NATIONAL LEAGUE
BIRMINGHAM 47: Zach Wajtknecht 14+1, Sam Chapman 10, Adam Ellis 9, Adam Kirby 7+2, Alex Wilson 5+1, Robert Parker 2+1, Josh Bates R/R. KENT KINGS 43: Tom Bacon 10+1, Ben Morley 10, Danny Ayres 9+1, James Shanes 8, Ben Basford 4+2, Danno Verge 2, Jamie Couzins R/R.
National League points: Birmingham 3 Kent 1

Listened to this on the radio and can't help but think the mangers choice for heat 15 could have cost kings a draw tonight, not saying ellis and zach are easy for anyone to beat, but why not pick either of your 2 top scorers?

Listened to this on the radio and can't help but think the mangers choice for heat 15 could have cost kings a draw tonight, not saying ellis and zach are easy for anyone to beat, but why not pick either of your 2 top scorers?

Exacty what I was thinking with the match all square you leave your number one in the pits.

Junior

Us in the stand coulden't fathom why he didn't put Ben Morley in heat 15 either.

Although unlucky in the end, the scoreline does flatter Kent a bit, with some silly falls by Ellis, Kirby and Wilson throwing away over 10 points between them.

Not just the three pointers!

Tell me about it. They only stopped falling off when we had run out of feet to shoot ourselves in.

It has to be said too...congratulations to Kent for being the first NL team to visit Perry Barr that didn't have one rider to fall off of their own accord or without "provocation".

According to the radio, Morley didn't ride because he had machinery problems.

Another meeting where the score rather than the racing made it riveting, although it was most certainly possible to pass.

Kent deserved their point but while they benefited from rider replacement the Brummies lost out big time, effectively having a 5pt rider for an 8.5 one. Bates (or Perry) would almost certainly have scored more than 6+1.

It also didn't help that Ellis fell off in his first two rides - on both occasions on his own.

Wajtknecht was very impressive for a first season rider but I was also impressed with Ayres, Shanes and, not for the first time, Bacon.

Hope Johnny the Spud's not staying over & watching Adam at Lakeside a week on Monday - Bad influence IMO

not quite sure how you worked that out ?

All i can say is i love watching Shanes ride--well done Kent-----

Brummies threw a lot of points away though but hey that's speedway lol

All the fuss this year has been about Wajtknecht and Wilson Dean, and rightly so

But at 18, Shanes has gone under the radar a bit, but has been equally impressive in a poor Kent side, one for the future for sure, hope he can get on the draft list next year

• Like 2

According to the radio, Morley didn't ride because he had machinery problems.

Another meeting where the score rather than the racing made it riveting, although it was most certainly possible to pass.

Kent deserved their point but while they benefited from rider replacement the Brummies lost out big time, effectively having a 5pt rider for an 8.5 one. Bates (or Perry) would almost certainly have scored more than 6+1.

It also didn't help that Ellis fell off in his first two rides - on both occasions on his own.

Wajtknecht was very impressive for a first season rider but I was also impressed with Ayres, Shanes and, not for the first time, Bacon.

I think it was Shanes who was riding a demon line in heat 15, bombing out into the dirt at a pace that would have you in the fence at any other track and picking up a hell of a lot of speed down the straight and Zach had to work extremely hard to keep him behind, a real gutsy racer, who I woulden't be upset to have as a guest.

Obviously wasn't able to attend last night but what a huge shame as it sounded like a cracker. Points thrown away by Brum perhaps but that just adds to the excitement and entertainment.

Nice to see Basford starting to get amongst the points and given a run in the 7 jacket as Danno has done nothing in it. Obviously R/R whatever my views of it worked for Kent tonight and an excellent choice of guest who must have raised a few eyebrows as heat leader choice but must have scored more than Baseby would have.

A turning point perhaps or just a flattering confidence booster?

...Points thrown away by Brum perhaps but that just adds to the excitement and entertainment....

...and keeps the crowds coming...???

Now there's a conspiracy theory for you... :o

Obviously wasn't able to attend last night but what a huge shame as it sounded like a cracker. Points thrown away by Brum perhaps but that just adds to the excitement and entertainment.

Nice to see Basford starting to get amongst the points and given a run in the 7 jacket as Danno has done nothing in it. Obviously R/R whatever my views of it worked for Kent tonight and an excellent choice of guest who must have raised a few eyebrows as heat leader choice but must have scored more than Baseby would have.

A turning point perhaps or just a flattering confidence booster?

Bacon is a better rider than baseby. he was there,excitement & entertainment, are not words i would use about the whole evening as there more passes seen in the bar. Edited by pete cc