British Speedway Forum
lucifer sam

Scunthorpe Scorpions Vs Ipswich Witches ( P L) - Friday, July 17th (7.30pm)

I think from the video that Ash got some drive and his front wheel lifted so if his foot came up it was from this. How many riders do you see with their feet coming off the footpeg when their front wheel gets airborne. As I said before in this thread riders that close together going over the line often clash and one comes down. Racing incident and nothing more.

Still waiting for the footage of the Wilkinson incident or the sit in, or don't the Scunthorpe fans want to incriminate their own riders & promoter.

In another conversation i had on facebook i gave it as possible hanging off the bike sticking his leg out and losing a bit of balance and hence why his leg got as high as it did (not that you can see on the video and i really doubt he would try and kick that high) However the second kick after the race was for real (and seen by an official and reported to the Referee)

As for the wilkinson incident i am just catching up on the GP and Doyle just pulled the same move as stefan! not dirty just hard racing with high chance of contact

and i also have several photos of the sit in they will be on facebook and with various publications over the next few days. No point hiding them the ref saw that incident!!

Edited by The Scunthorpe bullet

In another conversation i had on facebook i gave it as possible hanging off the bike sticking his leg out and losing a bit of balance and hence why his leg got as high as it did (not that you can see on the video and i really doubt he would try and kick that high) However the second kick after the race was for real (and seen by an official and reported to the Referee)

As for the wilkinson incident i am just catching up on the GP and Doyle just pulled the same move as stefan! not dirty just hard racing with high chance of contact

and i also have several photos of the sit in they will be on facebook and with various publications over the next few days. No point hiding them the ref saw that incident!!

In Stefans defence when I was speaking to him after the meeting he was the first one to admit he got lucky and if he had been excluded he would have understood but it wasn't his decision to make. He was rather upset why someone with the experience of Wilkinson needed to react the way he did?.

• Like 1

Some normally decent ippo posters, talking absolute biased bollox here like.... Howay lads ffs :)

Spot on..i remember those Ippo posters and more of them on here wanting to lynch Craig Cook after his post race dust up with Ben Barker at Foxhole..He was thrown out the meeting as Tungate should have have been last night.The only thing Cookie hurt was the changing room heater.. Tungate was only fined and he broke someones arm..fair enough then..not!The double standards club...Guilty M'Lud :rolleyes: The referee hardly covers himself in glory in all of this either imho..In fact the standard of referees in the sport today generally is about as bad as i can remember as well..oh dear :neutral:

Edited by Young51
  • Like 2

In Stefans defence when I was speaking to him after the meeting he was the first one to admit he got lucky and if he had been excluded he would have understood but it wasn't his decision to make. He was rather upset why someone with the experience of Wilkinson needed to react the way he did?.

And as i said amongst posts racing incident but sometimes red mist decends when you feel the aggrieved party just like greg hancock who thought he would snap?

Same as Ht 10 running 1 Josh cut back as tungate move across to block him. Goes for the gap between him and davies and clips him racing incident refs call to then decide was it to far for first bend incident and make the decision

• wasn't there a similar incident between Tungate and Ben Barker when Ben was riding at Ipswich with Plymouth? May have been during a race - not sure.

Just rewatching the first running of ht 10 in slow mo over and over and the more i think the ref was correct. Tungate chops straight across Davies to the dirt line and you see Josh being from gate 4 with more speed already on the dirt line having to pull hard to cut back and the bike bucks again taking him across more towards tungate. This started just before mid bend but end result was towards the end of the bend. It is the same as several crashes this year at the start and everytime it is when gate 1 and 4 both gate, if one of them misses the gate they are nowhere near each other!

(and as an aside a 3 riders in view were perfectly still as the tapes went up none of this rolling malarky!!)

• Like 1

and you see Josh being from gate 4 with more speed already on the dirt line having to pull hard to cut back and the bike bucks again taking him across more towards tungate. This started just before mid bend but end result was towards the end of the bend. It is the same as several crashes this year at the start and everytime it is when gate 1 and 4 both gate, if one of them misses the gate they are nowhere near each other!

Ah, so you are saying now that Auty was overriding and out of control before he hit Tungate and that Auty took him out at the end of the 2nd bend in the first running of Heat 10.

A very good case for an exclusion then.

So, the referee was in fact not correct in allowing A4B and, as has been said previously on this Thread, if Auty had been excluded from the re-run, he wouldn't have been on track for any incident to occur in the re-run.

Spot on..i remember those Ippo posters and more of theme on here wanting to lynch Craig Cook after his post race dust up with Ben Barker at Foxhole..He was thrown out the meeting as Tungate should have have been last night.The only thing Cookie hurt was the changing room heater.. Tungate was only fined and he broke someones arm..fair enough then..not!The double standards club...Guilty M'Lud :rolleyes: The referee hardly covers himself in glory in all of this either imho..In fact the standard of referees in the sport today generally is about as bad as i can remember as well..oh dear :neutral:

the heater was just the final straw where he still hadnt calmed down many minutes later.

The original incident in the pits.

We were all shocked when he was thrown out of the meeting.

All of the comments were guesswork and assumptions in that case due to there being no video and very few seeing the original incident and none the part in tge changing rooms.

I had birds eye view of the incident

You were hovering above the track? Neat trick that. Unless you mean an ostrich and we know what they're famous for

Edited by Shads
  • Like 4

You have to laugh at some of the comments on here even people who have watched the video seem to have no idea. From the video it's blatantly obvious. Tungate decided after the race to give Auty a spray of shale maybe a small nudge. It wasn't an accident and I also doubt he meant to knock him off just sort of warn him after the dangerous move he pulled on Tungate in the first running. A fine is acceptable but the plums saying he should have been thrown out is laughable. Auty is a liability on a bike and dangerous and Tungate isn't the first rider to voice his opinion

Spot on..i remember those Ippo posters and more of them on here wanting to lynch Craig Cook after his post race dust up with Ben Barker at Foxhole..He was thrown out the meeting as Tungate should have have been last night.The only thing Cookie hurt was the changing room heater.. Tungate was only fined and he broke someones arm..fair enough then..not!The double standards club...Guilty M'Lud :rolleyes: The referee hardly covers himself in glory in all of this either imho..In fact the standard of referees in the sport today generally is about as bad as i can remember as well..oh dear :neutral:

lol you really believe the rubbish you post. Cookie went after Barker shouting and swearing asking for a punch up. Even after the dust had settled he was still smashing the place up so was thrown out due to his aggressive conduct and the safety of other riders. If you believe that what Tungate did was violent and aggressive then your not that intelligent
  • Like 1

All very interesting: my view of the first Ht10 run is that Tungate moves across from gate1 to the outside where Josh was. To avoid piling into Tungate; Josh has to cut back inside;Tungate has nowhere to go on turn2 but down.

At that we expected Josh to be excluded you here this on the vid. Ref looked to have red light on. We did not necessarily agree; but we thought that would be the outcome from where we were. But all4back! Ok we'll take that. In the re-run the Scorps take charge Josh finishes with plenty to spare on Tungate. Alex is the one under more pressure in the race but covers it.

Thing is Tungate is irked by what happened earlier. Over the line and instead of coming to a gradual halt; Tungate; carelessley allows his bike to carry on that bit. Intention is to cock a snoot at Josh and run close to him. But its running on and as he passes so close his rear wheel flicks at Josh and it wipes him out.

To be fair to Tungate; I do not think he set out to injure Josh. But there was an element of malice simmering. I say this because: he does not go back to check on Josh's well being after the collision he rides back to the pits as if uncaring.

Thats what marks it down as an unprofessional and unsporting action by Tungate on the "field of play" and why he should have been excluded from the meeting. Section3 of the Regs allows the Ref to take that action. Mr Clarke for reasons only he knows gets himself in knots and shys away from exercising control of the meeting.

From there chaos reigns; so for me Tungate has to be excluded from the meeting from that point. Then the proceedings are "under control" and Mr Clarke would have avoided the disappointing aftermath for everyone.

You know there was so much great racing out there to enthuse over. This following on from the fantastic finale the week before. Then all this just leaves you scratching your head and dumb founded as you make your way home.

We'll be back next Friday though and I suggest you are too. Keep backing the team. Come on you Scorps. Hope your ok Josh all the best.

Edited by the outsider
  • Like 1

Personally I'd say from that camera angle its difficult to draw any conclusion, although it seems to point to Tungate going out to hit Auty.

If the camera had been on the third bend looking directly down the back straight or in the middle of the back straight (precisely where I was) you could have seen both incidents clearly.

I'd maintain that Auty should have been excluded from the second running for being the cause of the stoppage (and in my view it was not a speedway accident it was reckless riding)and that Tungate's actions were deliberate.

I doubt if Tungate meant to injure Auty but take a rider off and you risk that. That's something Tungate knows only too well.

• Like 1

All very interesting: my view of the first Ht10 run is that Tungate moves across from gate1 to the outside where Josh was. To avoid piling into Tungate; Josh has to cut back inside;Tungate has nowhere to go on turn2 but down.

At that we expected Josh to be excluded you here this on the vid. Ref looked to have red light on. We did not necessarily agree; but we thought that would be the outcome from where we were. But all4back! Ok we'll take that. In the re-run the Scorps take charge Josh finishes with plenty to spare on Tungate. Alex is the one under more pressure in the race but covers it.

Thing is Tungate is irked by what happened earlier. Over the line and instead of coming to a gradual halt; Tungate; carelessley allows his bike to carry on that bit. Intention is to cock a snoot at Josh and run close to him. But its running on and as he passes so close his rear wheel flicks at Josh and it wipes him out.

To be fair to Tungate; I do not think he set out to injure Josh. But there was an element of malice simmering. I say this because: he does not go back to check on Josh's well being after the collision he rides back to the pits as if uncaring.

Thats what marks it down as an unprofessional and unsporting action by Tungate on the "field of play" and why he should have been excluded from the meeting. Section5 of the Regs allows the Ref to take that action. Mr Clarke for reasons only he knows gets himself in knots and shys away from exercising control of the meeting.

From there chaos reigns; so for me Tungate has to be excluded from the meeting from that point. Then the proceedings are "under control" and Mr Clarke would have avoided the disappointing aftermath for everyone.

You know there was so much great racing out there to enthuse over. This following on from the fantastic finale the week before. Then all this just leaves you scratching your head and dumb founded as you make your way home.

We'll be back next Friday though and I suggest you are too. Keep backing the team. Come on you Scorps. Hope your ok Josh all the best.

Footnote: Mr Clarke in his defence did not have the benefit of the video though and was probably looking down to his programme as it happened. If he missed it he is like anyone one of us questioning what happened. Without the benefit of the replay he only calls what "he sees" and despite claims and counter claims uses the fine and report fallback option. Should all meetings be on a tv monitor for the Referees benefit? Would make sense for everyone! Edited by the outsider

As someone who has no love lost for Josh Auty following the incident with poor Kenny Ingalls I've got to say that Tungate could have avoided him pretty easily. He did wind it on into him in my opinion. Auty should have gone in the original race though. Tungate should have been thrown out of that meeting

• Like 2