British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Alex2000

Eastbourne Vs Coventry 19/7/15

If Eastbourne perform like yesterday as a 3 man team we could be in for a loss. Bates cottham and Owen need to up their game. Cottham less though because it was his first meeting.

Beautiful day, hardly a cloud in the sky, and it's been 4 weeks since the last home meeting.

Should be a good crowd!

• Like 1

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message including your mobile number.

Thanks

Still looking for a texter for this meeting. . can anyone help please?

Thanks

Easy win for Eastbourne as unfortunately Coventry Storm have now lost Crang and both reserves to injury.

Still looking for a texter for this meeting. . can anyone help please?

Thanks

Just when we thought we had more than our share of injuries Georgie Wood in his second race makes a huge attempt to go round Dan Greenwood on the last lap and just failed on bends 1/2 then makes a huge effort on 3/4, clips the fence, goes over the handlebars and the words coming out of the Pits were Broken Collar Bone. BWD is now the only one of the starting line up not to have been injured and only he and Marc Owen of the original line up will be available I would think for the next 6 weeks which is close to end of season. Martin Dugard has done a great job of covering so far but I don't see any way of replacing Andrews and Wood and Cottham is no Kelsey Dugard. I can see things unravelling fast now.

Very disappointing but we can't complain, these lads really give it their all so there must be a higher incidence of injuries. Hope Georgie recovers well.

As for Coventry I expected more from Dan Greenwood after they way he rode Arlington when he was our guest and Ritchings was nothing special but in Knuckey they have a real little gem, like to see more of him.

As for Coventry I expected more from Dan Greenwood after they way he rode Arlington when he was our guest

Think you'll find his average needs to come down. 👍

Reports that wood may have ligament damage, terrible for man and club, georgies irreplaceable for the Eagles , hope it's not as bad as first thought

Reports that wood may have ligament damage, terrible for man and club, georgies irreplaceable for the Eagles , hope it's not as bad as first thought

He looked fine after the meeting when I was in pits. Was walking about and putting his stuff away. Brilliant from Hopwood Mason wouldn't have strung 5 wins together there. Cottham well we will give him some time before i give a judgement but can't see why we changed if Kelsey is alright as he seems to be.

He looked fine after the meeting when I was in pits. Was walking about and putting his stuff away.

He's tweeted that he doesn't feel the need for a hospital visit & he'll definitely be riding in the Laurels tomorrow.

He's tweeted that he doesn't feel the need for a hospital visit & he'll definitely be riding in the Laurels tomorrow.

That's good then. Just hope he isn't going back to quickly

If Luke Crang, is taking time out of the sport with an injury, how are Coventry allowed to use R/R for him.

Looks like the green sheet averages will put Georgie in the team proper, which is great improvement for Georgie, but means we can't have him scoring heavily for 7 rides a meeting. Still, Brummies did it with Zach Whatshisname.

Don't think Gary Cottham is the answer at all and I also think we need more from Marc Owen, although not that fast, he appears ok when in front, but doesn't seem to have the daredevil where with all to force his way past other riders.

I think 2nd in the League, National Trophy winners, KO Cup winners and winning the National League Gold Trophy will be a pretty good season for us.

But what about next year. I think we will have the same team in the National league again. If Bradley goes to a Premier League team he will have to start the season on a 7.00 average, and he will racing against guys that have beaten him this year, so I can't see a Premier League promoter prepared to take that risk, Brad will not be able to retain a 7 average in that league.

Stay where we are until Tom Brennan comes into the team, Kelsey will be much better by then, Matt, Georgie and Richard will have rounded of their sharp edges, so we should have 3 seasons of relative success in the National League, then take our team to the Premier League.

• Like 1