British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Alex2000

The Laurels?

I was also wondering if the Laurels was on.

Not only is it on Kelsey Dugard is riding!....

Thanks for the link to the updates. Surprised Kent didn't have rain been raining here all day.

Hope Shanes & BWD get there equipment running again soon. Shame Georgie Wood missed out, pleasing that Kelsy is back on a bike, he just needs time he's only a nipper. I look forward to seeing riders race at Coventry.

One or two kamakarzy pilots on show tonight of course another useless ref was inconsistent in judging the wipe outs,,but he got the last one in the final right when Simon Lambert was wiped out when leading, by Dan Greenwood who had been on the recieving end earlier in the meeting himself,,Danny Ayers being excluded in that one,, and the race had to be awarded, ,the curfew had expired any way,,Lambert being named the winner and well deserved to. Little to say about the rest ,The Nicky Pedersen award going to Danny Ayers who somehow managed to finish runner up and Cris Widman was 3rd ... Withdrawalls during the meeting were James Shanes after a nasty looking 1st bend bunching incident and Bradley Wilson Deans who had machinary problems Basby looked quick tonight and Ben Morleys run of diabolical ref decisions lately continued tonight ..Crowd simular to last week..Note there is NO MEETING AT CENTRAL PARK NEXT MONDAY !!!

Edited by waco

One or two kamakarzy pilots on show tonight of course another useless ref was inconsistent in judging the wipe outs,,but he got the last one in the final right when Simon Lambert was wiped out when leading, by Dan Greenwood who had been on the recieving end earlier in the meeting himself,,Danny Ayers being excluded in that one,, and the race had to be awarded, ,the curfew had expired any way,,Lambert being named the winner and well deserved to. Little to say about the rest ,The Nicky Pedersen award going to Danny Ayers who somehow managed to finish runner up and Cris Widman was 3rd ... Withdrawalls during the meeting were James Shanes after a nasty looking 1st bend bunching incident and Bradley Wilson Deans who had machinary problems Basby looked quick tonight and Ben Morleys run of diabolical ref decisions lately continued tonight ..Crowd simular to last week..Note there is NO MEETING AT CENTRAL PARK NEXT MONDAY !!!

No mention of actual attendance!

Edited by Guest

Read my post again Gustix,, CROWD SIMULAR TO LAST WEEK

• Like 1

Read my post again Gustix,, CROWD SIMULAR TO LAST WEEK

Thanks - about 400 then?

Why has next week been postponed?

lakeside are riding against coventry, with admission only £5 if purchased in advance. Kent rarely run when the hammers are at home.
  • Like 1

With respect why were you so wondering?

Because there had been no pre-meeting publicity for The Laurels on this BSF section - as usually happens in regard to 'forthcoming attractions'. I would have thought that would have been fairly obvious? Obviously not!

And I also have an interest in the event called The Laurels having seen many meetings in that competition in the days when top-line riders competed and it was based at Wimbledon.

lakeside are riding against coventry, with admission only £5 if purchased in advance. Kent rarely run when the hammers are at home.

I wonder how many who visit Kent Kings also visit Lakeside Hammers - in which case where do most of Kings' supporters come from? I thought that Kings "enjoyed local support"which if so there should be no clash of interest as I see it!

EDITED

Edited by Guest

I would just edge out Dan Greenwood over Danny Ayres as the new Nicki Pederson lookalike for the season to date at Central Park. Greenwood 3 Ayres 2.

• Like 1

I don't often post on here but I cannot understand why the referee was so lenient on some riders at the gate. We all know there is a tight curfew at CP and the meeting was not without incidents but one rider in particular seemed to exit the pits with 60 seconds or less of the 2 minute warning remaining and then proceeded to do his gardening, and only cap it off spending more time faffing with his machine and equipment. The rules state that Riders must be “ready to race” or be “under the control of the Start Marshal” in the correct Gate position within the permitted Time Allowance.

It is about time the referees clamped own on these delaying tactics and 1st bend bunching shouldn't include incidents on bend 2!!
Edited by Great Central
  • Like 1