British Speedway Forum
Hawk127

Ice Speedway Fixtures 2015 - 2016

He's an Aussie, isn't he? Was also known as "Bill" Barrett in his speedway career, which would have been in the 1980s or early 90s.

Now an Aussie ice racer would be some novelty, I guess. There have been a few New Zealanders racing on the ice, most prominently Bruce Cribb, of course.

Wasn't there someone of that name who rode for ....maybe Arena Essex??? Seems a bit portly now though from the photos.

This is the guy I remember seeing.Must have a photo in my collection somewhere.Didn't put a link with the guy I saw in the photos at the ice speedway training sessions though.

http://wwosbackup.proboards.com/thread/232/bill-barrett

Edited by iris123

Yes, Andrew "Bill" Barrett rode for Arena Essex, Canterbury, Oxford and Cradley during his UK speedway career, which was for a few years in the mid-1980's

Yes, Andrew "Bill" Barrett rode for Arena Essex, Canterbury, Oxford and Cradley during his UK speedway career, which was for a few years in the mid-1980's

Spent a minute myself yesterday and saw that he won the Victorian state champs in Oz and split Phil Crumps reign of some 6 or so years...

Will any rounds be shown on TV here?

The Ice Speedway Gladiators may well be shown on Motors TV, but the Russian Meetings are often covered live by the tracks themselves if you fancy getting up early at weekends. Both iris 123 and I post links to live coverage when we find tham, and the coverage is reasonable, although the picture can be a little iffy at times.

Bit awkward to see Krasnikov with a flag and a vest of the Night Wolves when teams are walking on the track before the meeting. I remember news that Ufa club was under somekind of pressure before this season? Economic or something? By joining the Night Wolves Krasnikov possibly got more political influence?

heard that Ufa only have half the money they need to complete a season!!!! The Night Wolves are known to be well funded by Putin,so maybe it is financial support.But normally these people don't just give money away without wanting something in return? There are well known stories of trouble at Mega-Lada with one or two Presidents of the club being "bumped off".Was also trouble in the Ukraine with with Trofimov coming up against so called gangsters and a few theories about who is behind some of the polish clubs and their troubles......

It does seem from my dodgy translation that there is some sort of sponsorship/financial relationship between Ufa + the Night Wolves.....

Edited by iris123

Day 2 live

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG5sKS84W9k

Results

Moscow 32 (Koltakov 18pt max)

Mega-Lada Togliatti 28

Kamensk 22 (strong performance from Harald Simon)

Ufa 19+3

Sterlitamak 19+2

Edited by iris123

RUSSIAN SUPER LEAGUE, ROUND 1 & 2, KAMENSK URAL,

Saturday 12th & Sunday 13th December 2015

RESULTS+SCORERS

SATURDAY, ROUND 1

Moscow 35 (Dmitri Koltakov 16, Dmitri Khomitsevich 11, Eduard Krysov 8)

Togliatti 28 (Igor Kononov 14, Danil Ivanov 11, Igor Saydullin 3)

Ufa 23 (Nikolai Krasnikov 11, Igor Myshkovets 9, Sergei Karachintsev 3)

Sterlitamak 19 (Alexei Ivanov 12, Yevgeny Sharov 5, Andrei Shishegov 2)

Kamensk Ural 15 (Dinar Valeev 6, Vladimir Bobin 5, Harald Simon 4)

SUNDAY, ROUND 2

Moscow 32 (Koltakov 18, Khomitsevich 9, Krysov 5)

Togliatti 28 (Kononov 12, D. Ivanov 10, Nikita Toloknov 6)

Kamensk Ural 22 (Simon 12, Valeev 8, Bobin 2)

Ufa 19+3 (Krasnikov 13+3, Myshkovets 5, Karachintsev 2)

Sterlitamak 19+2 (A. Ivanov 10+2, Shishegov 5, Sharov 4)

LEAGUE TABLE

Moscow 12 (6+6),

Togliatti 8 (4+4)

Ufa 5 (3+2),

Kamensk Ural 4 (1+3),

Sterlitamak 3 (2+1)

Better than average live feed for this meeting, and it's still available to view on You Tube if you missed either days racing

Edited by Conkers

Problems with the plans for the new stadium in Assen?If I understand correctly the council are asking for are detailed plans which cost €100,000 and the guys behind the project say they haven't got that kind of money to spend without a guarantee the project will be accepted by the council

http://www.rtvdrenthe.nl/nieuws/103298/Initiatiefnemer-ijsbaanplan-Assen-kritisch-op-handelen-provincie-Drenthe

Sure Jesper will correct me if I am wrong on that ;)

Edited by iris123

Yes that's right. The Drenthe province has two candidates for a new ice stadium: Assen and Hoogeveen. The one with the best plan/idea will get the investment/support from the province. Both parties have to make an even more detailed plan because both were rejected some time ago it seems.... And this costs alot of money.

To be continued :)

Let's hope it has a happy end.We despearately need a track that is willing to host ice speedway in western Europe to go along with Berlin and Inzell or the sport will disappear.It seems the weather just doesn't allow for many natural tracks these days.Alarmingly warm again so far this winter.We have blossom on trees and flowers still blooming!!!!!

I hope too.... a new ice stadium looks almost certain, but the question remains if they are willing to stage icespeedway.

Same here in NL, not a sign of king winter to arrive. Think we will get the bad news info's from Steingaden/Weissenbach soon.

heard that Ufa only have half the money they need to complete a season!!!! The Night Wolves are known to be well funded by Putin,so maybe it is financial support.But normally these people don't just give money away without wanting something in return? There are well known stories of trouble at Mega-Lada with one or two Presidents of the club being "bumped off".Was also trouble in the Ukraine with with Trofimov coming up against so called gangsters and a few theories about who is behind some of the polish clubs and their troubles......

It does seem from my dodgy translation that there is some sort of sponsorship/financial relationship between Ufa + the Night Wolves.....

Having seen the poster for next weeks meeting at Ufa it does seem the Night Wolves are sponsors of the club now.Their emblem is there alongside the likes of Motul

Edited by iris123
  • Like 1