British Speedway Forum
Hawk127

Ice Speedway Fixtures 2015 - 2016

Yes, Andrew "Bill" Barrett rode for Arena Essex, Canterbury, Oxford and Cradley during his UK speedway career, which was for a few years in the mid-1980's

My memory of bill Barrett is that he, along with mark crang, is one of the two worst riders I ever saw live.

My memory of bill Barrett is that he, along with mark crang, is one of the two worst riders I ever saw live.

Had a check and they both take pride of place(!!!!) in my photo collection.Crang in the BV 1985 team pic and Barrett in Arena Essex team.I wouldn't recognise him from the rider who was doing a bit of ice racing :P

Have no idea how the meeting went, but he's won the Victorian state champs during Phil Crumps "reign"...

"In 2015, under contract with Motorcycle Federation of Russia the legal successor to the holding of competitions Ice Racing became Professional league of motosport.

Unanimously honorary president of the League, was elected chief biker of country - Alexander Zaldastanov (Surgeon) - Head of the All-Russian motorcycle club.

The main partner of the Professional League of motosport is public organization "Russian motorcyclists".

The opening of the ice season in this format is the first milestone in the global project of the All-Russian motorcycle club "Night Wolves" for the revival of Russian motosport.

December 19 in the city of Ufa in the "Professional League of motosport" will be held competition on ice and among the organizers is the moto club "Night Wolves" (Ufa).

The aim of the motorcycle club "Night Wolves" is the development of Russian motosport, moving it to a qualitatively higher level, to popularize the sport among the general population.

In this regard, in addition to uncompromising struggle riders on the ice, the audience will see patriotic holiday, during which will demonstrate musical show program "Night Wolves", as well as excerpts from the bike show previously conducted in the cities of Sevastopol and Stalingrad.

Пресс-служба МФРБ и группа "Ночные волки" (Уфа) ВКонтакте.

Press Service MFRB and the group "Night Wolves" (Ufa) VKontakte."

Well, that escalated quickly.

edit. more text came up during the night

Edited by Bream

"In 2015, under contract with Motorcycle Federation of Russia the legal successor to the holding of competitions Ice Racing became Professional league of motosport.

Unanimously honorary president of the League, was elected chief biker of country - Alexander Zaldastanov (Surgeon) - Head of the All-Russian motorcycle club.

The main partner of the Professional League of motosport is public organization "Russian motorcyclists"."

Well, that escalated quickly.

Funnily enough I was expecting a few new faces to turn up.......but I thought they would start with the Ufa club itself.Moving a few friends into high places.But that is fast!!!!

I was wondering today if there is more behind this than at first meets the eye.Is it maybe a way for the Night Wolves to parade through Berlin etc coming over as ice speedway delegates/officials?They wanted to parde through Germany into Berlin and were stopped.The boss has lived quite a while before in Berlin and has good contacts there.I wonder if we will see a Night Wolves convoy on the Berlin weekend

Edited by iris123

RUSSIAN INDIVIDUAL CHAMPIONSHIP SEMI FINALS,

SATURDAY 19TH & SUNDAY 20TH DECEMBER 2015

SHADRINSK:

Dmitri Koltakov (Moscow) 29 (14+15),

Danil Ivanov (Togliatti) 28 (15+13),

Eduard Krysov (Moscow) 25 (13+12),

Nikita Toloknov (Togliatti) 22 (9+13),

Vladimir Bobin (Kamensk Ural) 20 (9+11),

Yegor Kazyenni (Kamensk Ural) 18 (10+8),

Roman Pavlenko (Kamensk Ural) 15 (8+7),

Konstantin Kolenkin (Shadrinsk) 14 (10+4),

Andre Zhdanov (Novosibirsk) 14 (8+6),

Alexei Utusikov (Tyumen) 13 (5+8),

Yuri Oleynik (Shadrinsk) 11 (3+8),

Mikhail Siderov (Shadrinsk) 11 (5+6),

Alexander Maslov (Krasnoyarsk) 8 (5+3),

Andrei Utusikov (Tyumen) 4 (3+1),

Alexander Kozyrev (Izhevsk) 4 (2+2),

Innocent Andreev (Krasnoyarsk) 2 (1+1),

Danil Frolenkov (Novosibirsk) 1 (DNR+1),

Nika Ramadze (Novosibirsk) 0 (0+DNR)

KUMERTAU

Sergei Karachintsev (Ufa) 29 (15+14),

Alexei Ivanov (Sterlitamak) 24+3 (11+13),

Yevgeny Sharov (Sterlitamak) 24+F (12+12),

Dmitri Khomitsevich (Moscow) 22 (13+9),

Sergei Makharov (Lukhovitsy) 19 (8+11),

Dinar Valeev (Kamensk Ural) 17 (11+6),

Ivan Chichkov (Kumertau) 17 (9+8),

Vyacheslav Svitek (Krasnokamsk) 16 (7+9),

Alex Abroskin (Saransk) 16 (9+7),

Vadim Svinuhov (Sterlitamak) 12 (4+8),

Andrei Shajkin (Saransk) 11 (6+5),

Roman Kholodov (Lukhovitsy) 10 (3+7),

Dmitri Lotorev (Lukhovitsy) 7 (4+3),

Pavel Taran (Moscow) 7 (4+3),

Alexei Kolganov (Lukhovitsy) 4 (3+1),

Nikita Tarasov (Sterlitamak) 1 (0+1)

UFA

Igor Kononov (Togliatti) 28 (15+13),

Nikolai Krasnikov (Ufa) 27 (12+15),

Egor Myshkovets (Ufa) 26 (13+13),

Dmitri Bulankin (Ufa) 23 (11+12),

Igor Saydullin (Togliatti) 21 (13+8),

Andrei Shishegov (Sterlitamak) 18 (8+10),

Mikhail Litvinov (Togliatti) 18 (8+10),

Ivan Bolshakov (Togliatti) 17 (8+9),

Artem Akulov (Kamensk Ural) 16 (8+8),

Anton Sozykin (Neftekamsk) 14 (8+6),

Evgeny Urakov (Izhevsk) 9 (4+5),

Nikita Sharon (Ufa) 6 (2+4),

Alexei Dmitriev (Meleuz) 6 (3+3),

Sergei Yakovlev (Izhevsk) 5 (3+2),

Linar Magrufov (Ufa) 4 (2+2),

Ranis Mineavletov (Ufa) 1 (1+0)

Same here in NL, not a sign of king winter to arrive. Think we will get the bad news info's from Steingaden/Weissenbach soon.

I note the Santa Cup at Gavle due for 27 December was called off last week.

Also I wonder if the league fixture at Stromsund on 2 January is off as it has disappeared from Svemo's fixture list!

I note the Santa Cup at Gavle due for 27 December was called off last week.

Also I wonder if the league fixture at Stromsund on 2 January is off as it has disappeared from Svemo's fixture list!

I don't know but I suspect that it is. It has been a warm autumn and although there will be a few days with subzero temperatures the nearest week and half

that will not be enough to make a naturally frozen track.

Edited by Ghostwalker

I don't know but I suspect that it is. It has been a warm autumn and although there will be a few days with subzero temperatures the nearest week and half

which is not enough to make a naturally frozen track.

Thanks GW - I am hoping that the Ostersund and Stromsund meetings on 15 and 16 January will not be effected as I am planning to travel to these!

Thanks GW - I am hoping that the Ostersund and Stromsund meetings on 15 and 16 January will not be effected as I am planning to travel to these!

A week ago they said it wasn't a problem so I don't know. The two meetings at January 2nd and 3rd are still listed on the club website.

http://www8.idrottonline.se/StromsundMC-MotorcykelochSnoskoter/Gastbok/Gastbok/

Edited by Ghostwalker

Ufa meeting was a big propaganda event for the Night Wolves.Race jackets all bearing the Night Wolves emblem and instead of strangely dressed Russian women dancing during the intervals,we get Night Wolves videos showing them in Sevastopol,the annexed part of Ukraine,etc!!!!! Politics + sport eh?Still apart from that I think the fact we only have 3 meetings shws the drop in the sport even in the Russian heartland and a gap is opening up between the top and the also rans.All is not well in the sport of ice speedway

Russian Final 1

Togliatti 26/27 December
Start List:
1. Dmitri Koltakov (Moscow)
2. Igor Saydullin (Togliatti)
3. Sergei Makharov (Lukhovitsy)
4. Danil Ivanov (Togliatti)
5. Nikolai Krasnikov (Ufa)
6. Dmitri Khomitsevich (Moscow)
7. Eduard Krysov (Moscow)
8. Igor Kononov (Togliatti)
9. Yevgeny Sharov (Sterlitamak)
10. Nikita Toloknov (Togliatti)
11. Egor Myshkovets (Ufa)
12. Alexi Ivanov (Sterlitamak)
13. Vladimir Bobin (Kamensk Ural)
14. Dmitri Bulankin (Ufa)
15. Sergei Karachintsev (Ufa)
16. Mikhail Litvinov (Togliatti)
R17. Ivan Bolshakov (Togliatti)
R18. Mikhail Afanasyev (Togliatti)

According to an article in a local newspaper just three days ago, the track at Östersund is in perfect condition.

http://www.ltz.se/sport/motor/jamtlands-mk-forst-i-sverige-med-att-kunna-oppna-sin-arena

Weather forecast look good too: http://www.smhi.se/vadret#ort=2671221,Str%C3%B6msund,Str%C3%B6msund,Sverige,63.85/15.583333