Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Hawk127

Ice Speedway Fixtures 2015 - 2016

What happened to Järf? Not interested in international meetings?Could be a world championship without any Finns.Would be nice to see Weber get through and one of the young Swedes.Have one or two new faces and not the same old same old......

What happened to Järf? Not interested in international meetings?Could be a world championship without any Finns.Would be nice to see Weber get through and one of the young Swedes.Have one or two new faces and not the same old same old......

Järf is not interested in doing the full WC series, so he wasn't given a quali slot either. Which in my opinion is the correct move. Shame in the way that he's a TOP15 rider in the world capable of reaching things in his chosen sport...

Igor Kononov... So right.

Amended. Typo on my part. Trying to do several things at the same time.

I've got the Suplimentary Regs for the European Final at St. Johann on the 30th Jan. No. 3 is alocated to the ACU, and I understand GB will be represented by Kevin Rowand, unless anyone knows different?

• Like 1

Ostersund Start List

1 Harald Simon OeAMTC Austria

2 Antonin Klatovsky ACCR Czech Republic

3 Per-Anders Lindström SVEMO Sweden

4 Igor Kononov MFR Russia

5 Markus Jell DMSB Germany

6 Dmitry Khomitsevich MFR Russia

7 Timo Kankkunen SML Finland

8 Ove Ledström SVEMO Sweden

9 tba AMFK Kazakhstan

10 Niklas Svensson SVEMO Sweden

11 Max Niedermaier DMSB Germany

12 Tomi Norola SML Finland

13 Daniil Ivanov MFR Russia

14 Jo Saetre NMF Norway

15 Andrej Divis ACCR Czech Republic

16 Johann Weber DMSB Germany

Reserve 1 Martin Haarahiltunen SVEMO Sweden

Reserve 2 Viktor Svensson SVEMO Sweden

There won't be a rider from Kazakhstan in Ostersund. First reserve moves up.

I've got the Suplimentary Regs for the European Final at St. Johann on the 30th Jan. No. 3 is alocated to the ACU, and I understand GB will be represented by Kevin Rowand, unless anyone knows different?

Been in touch with another British rider this morning, who tells me he may be taking the spot as Kevin Rowand is out with injury.

Been in touch with another British rider this morning, who tells me he may be taking the spot as Kevin Rowand is out with injury.

Out of interest,what is the actual list of British riders mate?

The only three I know at the moment are Rob Irvine, Roger Newton and Kevin Rowand. It's Roger who may very well be riding in St. Johann if/when it goes ahead.

There's also that Andrew 'Bill' Barrett whom I now nothing about other than what I've read in this thread.

As for some of the old riders, I see Graham Halsall most years at Assen, along with Bruce Cribb, Doug Wyer and Reg Wilson who have all worn the Union Flag Bodycolour.

Did some stats early in the week, ain't that rosy in Sweden anymore either even with N. Svensson and Ledström coming through. They've had 2 Isracingserien meetings with around 24 riders. Of them 6 were foreign and Serenius and Fastesson are closer to 70 than 60 years of age... Enlisting for the Finnish final has just opened, hoping to get 16 riders together. In the past 3 years 33 different riders enlisted for the Finnish final.

Edited by f-s-p

The only three I know at the moment are Rob Irvine, Roger Newton and Kevin Rowand. It's Roger who may very well be riding in St. Johann if/when it goes ahead.

There's also that Andrew 'Bill' Barrett whom I now nothing about other than what I've read in this thread.

As for some of the old riders, I see Graham Halsall most years at Assen, along with Bruce Cribb, Doug Wyer and Reg Wilson who have all worn the Union Flag Bodycolour.

Ok thanks.I thought Roger Newton had retired,so that boosts the squad a little :D

Did some stats early in the week, ain't that rosy in Sweden anymore either even with N. Svensson and Ledström coming through. They've had 2 Isracingserien meetings with around 24 riders. Of them 6 were foreign and Serenius and Fastesson are closer to 70 than 60 years of age... Enlisting for the Finnish final has just opened, hoping to get 16 riders together. In the past 3 years 33 different riders enlisted for the Finnish final.

Yes and looking at the Russian Championships,it is obvious the numbers even there have fallen quite dramatically,unless a lot f riders didn't bother to enter.What happened to the Blago riders like Tschajka and Baraboshkin etc......

Not enough or not enough offered

Friday's result:

1) Daniil Ivanov, Ryssland 15, 2) Dmitri Khomitsevich, do 14, 3) Igor Kononov, do 13, 4) Ove Ledström, Sverige 10, 5) Antonin Klatovsky, Tjeckien 10, 6) Max Niedermaer, Tyskland 9, 7) Niclas Svensson, Sverige 9.

http://www.op.se/sport/motor/oviksforaren-fyra-bakom-tre-ryssar

Edited by Ghostwalker

West European riders slaughtered in Sweden!!!! Only rather surprisingly Manny Seifter came out with a bit of glory......