British Speedway Forum
ekimba

2015 Season Injuries

Would be interesting to compare injury rates at the Polish tracks, with those of British tracks. As Polish tracks are generally longer, wider, and more slick, they may be better suited to the extra power that bikes have today. If there is a significant difference in injury rates between Poland and GB, then you may be right in suggesting the bikes are set up with to much grunt for British tracks.

The new engine generation when used with the new silencers is probably not a good combination.

Riders nowadays are also quite different then they were 30 years ago. Each rider is a smaller company with several employees in each rider's team .

• Like 1

Would be interesting to compare injury rates at the Polish tracks, with those of British tracks. As Polish tracks are generally longer, wider, and more slick, they may be better suited to the extra power that bikes have today. If there is a significant difference in injury rates between Poland and GB, then you may be right in suggesting the bikes are set up with to much grunt for British tracks.

Think there has been a lot of injuries in Poland over the last few years plus a death sadly.

Bikes need changing and air fences changing.

• Like 1

Do you think air fences make riders take more risks? Sort of well if I cop a clanger ere, at least the bouncy castle is there.....?

• Like 2

Air fences, save lives and careers on a weekly basis I think....... definitely the reason you can have a 44year old World Champion...

• Like 1

I would point at "new" silencers. You have to go all-in all the time. Cant change lines, cant slow down or you end up on the passanger seat of your own bike going towards wall or the guy next to you. There isnt a rider who would take mid rev control vs. speed at full rpm. Points = money, with fast bike you get points and to race you need money. Change system towards limited monthly wage and races towards Tour de France if you want safety over speed.

Havent tried 2015 silencers. I hope they will bring some more control for the rider.

From what I have heard, 2015 silencers are not as bad as the previous generation of silencers.

The source is an interview with Morgan Andersson, team manager for the Swedish national team.

It was from one of these podcast episodes, obviously one from 2015.

http://sverigesradio.se/sida/avsnitt?programid=4265

Edited by Ghostwalker

Air fences, save lives and careers on a weekly basis I think....... definitely the reason you can have a 44year old World Champion...

the problem with air fences is that if the bike goes in first they are a waste of time. I believe this is why Lewis Kerr was so badly injured at the fours. The bike punctured the air fence and left him to hit the wooden fence behind.The bags should all be filled with foam or polystyrene so there is something left in them if the bike goes in first.

the problem with air fences is that if the bike goes in first they are a waste of time. I believe this is why Lewis Kerr was so badly injured at the fours. The bike punctured the air fence and left him to hit the wooden fence behind.The bags should all be filled with foam or polystyrene so there is something left in them if the bike goes in first.

This logic amazes me. Rider and bike hit airfence. Bike removed air fence. Rider hits fence. But not time the rider does hit an air fence.

Now get rid of air fences and I'll guarentee that 100% of the time the rider will hit the fence behind. So there is no problem with air fences. They are better than no air fence at all.

have you lost. Your red pen ? tally Ho I'll leave you smokers be

If they are smoking dope then you must be on crack.

• Like 1

This logic amazes me. Rider and bike hit airfence. Bike removed air fence. Rider hits fence. But not time the rider does hit an air fence.

Now get rid of air fences and I'll guarentee that 100% of the time the rider will hit the fence behind. So there is no problem with air fences. They are better than no air fence at all.

that's not what I'm saying I'm saying the fences should be filled with something other than air so that they don't deflate that's my logic