British Speedway Forum
Official STR

Southern Track Riders - Sunday 2nd August - Rye House

For the second time this season, Southern Track Riders will take to the shale of the home of the Rue House Rockets at Hoddesdon on Sunday 2nd August at 11am.

Riders are welcome to join us with all abilities in all classes as well as youth classes.

This meeting will be a Championship round for all eligible riders.

If you wish to join us, please call, email, text or reply to us on here, our Facebook or Twitter pages or use the contact us feature on our website, www.southerntrackriders.co.uk

Also on our website you will find up to date meeting fees and much more.

You don't need to be a member of Southern Track Riders to join us for a skid at one of our meetings, but you do need your own equipment that is up to the current SCB rules and regulations.

Bookings close at 4pm today (Friday) for entries to this meeting.

His meeting is perfect for any Young Lions who wish to get some Rye House practice in before their Champiomship round is held here.

Riders will be able to sign on from 9am Sunday morning ready for our 11am start.

Will post results and a report here on today's meeting at Rye House in due course but right now I'm sure everyone's thoughts, like my own, are with Newcastle Diamond Lewis Kerr who was taken to hospital by the Air Ambulance following a heavy crash in today's Premier League Fours event at Peterborough.

Another completely random post from the master of completely random posts.

I posted because I regard it as an update in regard to the championship. I had nothing further to add in regard to the event, I am sure there are people who were not aware of what's happening? Where else is there news in regard to the Rye House meeting?

I posted because I regard it as an update in regard to the championship. I had nothing further to add in regard to the event, I am sure there are people who were not aware of what's happening? Where else is there news in regard to the Rye House meeting?

In your usual rush to pre-empt other peoples information and try to grab brownie points you've posted in the wrong thread a piece of information that you already posted a week ago in the correct thread.

You've just posted about the British Youth Championship in a thread about today's Southern Track Riders' amateur meeting.

In your usual rush to pre-empt other peoples information and try to grab brownie points you've posted in the wrong thread a piece of information that you already posted a week ago in the correct thread.

You've just posted about the British Youth Championship in a thread about today's Southern Track Riders' amateur meeting.

If you read the Posts more carefully you will see that Bryn made a reference to a meeting at Rye House - hence my "so-called random post." I don't need to "score brownie posts" in writing about speedway - been doing that since 1952 (and earned a few coppers doing it over the years too).

And the actual title of this thread is: --

Southern Track Riders - Sunday 2nd August - Rye House Edited by Guest

The STRA staged their latest 2015 Championship round at Rye House yesterday on a great summer's day. A total of 56 (yes 56!) heats were staged, it was great to see the likes of Graham Knowler, Ricky Scarboro and Jack Bibby ( other old timers like myself will remember them!) in action. Also good to see Chris Widman there practicing with his dad Martin wielding the spanners for that gave the announcer the opportunity to update everyone on the progress being made in respect of the planned return of speedway to the Isle of Wight.

Before bringing you the results I must say a huge "well done" to the Rye trackstaff present in terms of keeping the track in good condition for racing from start to finish despite the hot weather.

RESULTS:

Open Class

1. Luke Harris

2. Rick Scarboro

3. Mick Skinner

Intermediate Class

1. Mike Osborne

2. Paul Robinson

3. Ian Leverington

Novice Class

1. Lewis Scarboro

2. David Chiles

3. Dave Smith

Youth 125/150cc

1. Jason Edwards

2. Taylor Hampshire

3. Mason O'Rourke

A mention too for youngsters Alex Spooner the lone competitor in the Youth 250cc event and, similarly, William O'Keefe in the Youth 500cc event.

Next STRA meeting is this coming Sunday at King's Lynn commencing at Noon.

For further news from the club go to: http://www.southerntrackriders.co.uk/

• Like 1

If you read the Posts more carefully you will see that Bryn made a reference to a meeting at Rye House - hence my "so-called random post." I don't need to "score brownie posts" in writing about speedway - been doing that since 1952 (and earned a few coppers doing it over the years too).

When you're that far down you need to stop digging.

When you're that far down you need to stop digging.

Don't you ever stop? So many criticisms from you it has all become very much a fine art on your part. As the old saying goes something like "...change the record..."!!!

Edited by Guest

The STRA staged their latest 2015 Championship round at Rye House yesterday on a great summer's day. A total of 56 (yes 56!) heats were staged, it was great to see the likes of Graham Knowler, Ricky Scarboro and Jack Bibby ( other old timers like myself will remember them!) in action. Also good to see Chris Widman there practicing with his dad Martin wielding the spanners for that gave the announcer the opportunity to update everyone on the progress being made in respect of the planned return of speedway to the Isle of Wight.

Before bringing you the results I must say a huge "well done" to the Rye trackstaff present in terms of keeping the track in good condition for racing from start to finish despite the hot weather.

RESULTS:

Open Class

1. Luke Harris

2. Rick Scarboro

3. Mick Skinner

Intermediate Class

1. Mike Osborne

2. Paul Robinson

3. Ian Leverington

Novice Class

1. Lewis Scarboro

2. David Chiles

3. Dave Smith

Youth 125/150cc

1. Jason Edwards

2. Taylor Hampshire

3. Mason O'Rourke

A mention too for youngsters Alex Spooner the lone competitor in the Youth 250cc event and, similarly, William O'Keefe in the Youth 500cc event.

Next STRA meeting is this coming Sunday at King's Lynn commencing at Noon.

For further news from the club go to: http://www.southerntrackriders.co.uk/

Thanks for posting that Bryn, it's much appreciated.

Come on folks, stop squabbling. After the events of yesterday at Peterborough, there are far more important things in life, rather than disputes over various postings.

• Like 1