British Speedway Forum
Sotonian

Exeter - A Glimmer Of Hope?

Didn't Colin leave a very large sum for such a project, hopefully it hasn't been squandered over the years on pie in the sky ideas, always easy to work with someone else's money than their own.

I believe Colin Hills money has been used to keep Plymouth running for the last few season. No doubt someone will correct me if I am wrong.

Not sure this is anything more than a couple of fans desperately wanting a team back at Exeter, fair play to the fellas, but not sure how far you can go with no money

I really hope they get something going, I would be interested to hear what Mr Lethbridge has to say, I really hope he will be involved in one way or another.

Very best wishes to those attempting to resurrect the 'Falcons'. I truly hope that they are successful.

• Like 1

Great news i hope it happens 100 pound from 1000 people, surely that is possible fingers crossed.

Great to see there's still enthusiasm for speedway in Exeter ... but frighteningly naïve if they're reckoning they need only £100,000 in start-up money !!

Just the most routine of planning permission fees, then an air/foam-fence, the initial building of the track base and the shale for its racing surface, the BSPA-bond and the SCB-licences will rattle through at least half (and probably much more) of that 100-grand and that's before you add in anything like the most basic of pits or spectator facilities !!

At least £200,000 would be a much more realistic start-up target, especially (as far as I'm aware, like "SCB" above) that Plymouth have absolutely galloped through whatever was still left from the legacy of former Falcons promoter Colin Hill after his death in 2004.

£100,000 will pay for a track in a field with no facilities!

Considering an air fence is now compulsory and they cost £20,000+ and you begin to get some idea of the costs!

Good luck to those trying to resurrect Exeter speedway cause I'm pretty sure that a properly run track in the City would be well supported especially after 10 years without a track!

I believe Colin Hills money has been used to keep Plymouth running for the last few season. No doubt someone will correct me if I am wrong.

I wouldn't have thought that was the idea when Colin Hill left that money in trust

I wouldn't have thought that was the idea when Colin Hill left that money in trust

Once it became clear there was no immediate solution to reviving speedway in Exeter, at least the option of diverting any of his legacy towards Plymouth could be regarded as propping up speedway within Exeter's home county of Devon.

I believe some money from Colins estate was used to buy aa 25% stake in Peninsula promotions and the rest of the money was paid out to the named trustees/legatees earlier this year.

I believe some money from Colins estate was used to buy aa 25% stake in Peninsula promotions and the rest of the money was paid out to the named trustees/legatees earlier this year.

If it was/is a Discretionary Trust, the trustees can pay out the funds to who they wish, so long as they all agree, however, if there was a trust deed that stated the funds were to be used for the resurrection of Exeter Speedway, I would suggest that the funds were not used as to Colin's wishes. But who knows how the Trust was worded.

If it was/is a Discretionary Trust, the trustees can pay out the funds to who they wish, so long as they all agree, however, if there was a trust deed that stated the funds were to be used for the resurrection of Exeter Speedway, I would suggest that the funds were not used as to Colin's wishes. But who knows how the Trust was worded.

I can only assume it has some wording that allowed more flexibility after 10 years - I certainly hope so as it's at least morally very wrong if Colin Hill had not allowed for this to happen.

Not sure this is anything more than a couple of fans desperately wanting a team back at Exeter, fair play to the fellas, but not sure how far you can go with no money

I really hope they get something going, I would be interested to hear what Mr Lethbridge has to say, I really hope he will be involved in one way or another.

Anyone got Mr Trumps' number??!!! :shock::nono:

• Like 1

Anyone got Mr Trumps' number??!!! :shock::nono:

You might do better with the other Trump's phone number!