British Speedway Forum
Sotonian

Exeter - A Glimmer Of Hope?

Anyway, so where has the money that Colin left to Exeter actually gone, simple question.[/quot

Haldon hill fees I heard from a friend.

Edited by robert72
  • Like 1

i believe the sum was around 250k and although that's a handsome sum it doesn't go far on legal fees

i believe the sum was around 250k and although that's a handsome sum it doesn't go far on legal fees

Very true, but as I recall, we were led to believe it was a 'Mr Trump crusade' and I thought it was his money that was being used for the venture, especially as he was supposed to be a 'big shot', 'well heeled' businessman. It's always easy to spend someone else's money!

• Like 1

Very true, but as I recall, we were led to believe it was a 'Mr Trump crusade' and I thought it was his money that was being used for the venture, especially as he was supposed to be a 'big shot', 'well heeled' businessman. It's always easy to spend someone else's money!

to be fair it probably was used for the venture but ran out - legal fees are high regardless of whose money it is. I'm not quite sure what you are trying to get at but without evidence I'd leave it there if i were you

to be fair it probably was used for the venture but ran out - legal fees are high regardless of whose money it is. I'm not quite sure what you are trying to get at but without evidence I'd leave it there if i were you

Well you are not me....and by the sound of you, I am glad I am not you mate! This is a forum where people discuss things, I am merely discussing and what I said was how it came over to me. And I am sure it is how it came over to others. Perhaps you should stick to trying to resurrect Cradley Heath, which is another 'can of worms'!

Well you are not me....and by the sound of you, I am glad I am not you mate! This is a forum where people discuss things, I am merely discussing and what I said was how it came over to me. And I am sure it is how it came over to others. Perhaps you should stick to trying to resurrect Cradley Heath, which is another 'can of worms'!

You really are a k**b at times Ray.

ch 958 is trying help you out by reminding you of the laws regarding defamation of character, and at the same time you are assuming, without facts, he is a supporter of Cradley Heath, which he is decidedly not.

Not bad, 2 own goals in one post.

• Like 1

You really are a k**b at times Ray.

ch 958 is trying help you out by reminding you of the laws regarding defamation of character, and at the same time you are assuming, without facts, he is a supporter of Cradley Heath, which he is decidedly not.

Not bad, 2 own goals in one post.

Well as Gustix said, let's leave it to the mods! Let's hope the guys behind the resurrection of Exeter, can do it without any funding from Mr Hill's estate. I wish them all the best!

Be excellent if the Falcons got a new track and model it on the county ground as much as possible all those bumps and ruts would soon sort the fancydan primadonnas out from the WHEAT.

Well as Gustix said, let's leave it to the mods! Let's hope the guys behind the resurrection of Exeter, can do it without any funding from Mr Hill's estate. I wish them all the best!

Without hard evidence it might be a case of leaving it to the lawyers who are rather more expensive than the remaining mods. Ironic really given these reckless allegations.

Without hard evidence it might be a case of leaving it to the lawyers who are rather more expensive than the remaining mods. Ironic really given these reckless allegations.

With respect, what reckless allegations? All that has been questioned is 'What happened to Colin Hill's legacy following his death and the so called understanding, his estate included an amount of money to be used to fund the revival of Exeter Speedway'. I understood from this forum of the fact that a sum of money was available for this purpose. All some people have asked, is, is this funding still available? And if not, where did it go? I don't feel that is unreasonable? At present, the only suggestion we have, is that it was used to pay lawyers/solicitors/barristers, for the failed attempt at the horse racing venue.

I may be wrong as I had left exeter by the time exeter speedway closed but I can guess that part of the money was used for haldon whilst the rest helped to get plymouth started, with the view at the time that some speedway in devon was better than no speedway in devon, I don't know if fans of exeter ever made the switch to supporting plymouth as most I knew just stopped going with a few going to somerset

This was my understanding based on what I had read, but I could be wrong

With respect, what reckless allegations? All that has been questioned is 'What happened to Colin Hill's legacy following his death and the so called understanding, his estate included an amount of money to be used to fund the revival of Exeter Speedway'. I understood from this forum of the fact that a sum of money was available for this purpose. All some people have asked, is, is this funding still available? And if not, where did it go? I don't feel that is unreasonable? At present, the only suggestion we have, is that it was used to pay lawyers/solicitors/barristers, for the failed attempt at the horse racing venue.

Re-read what you have posted, pause and think, "If I said that in front of the person would I expect him to sue the arse off me?"

You seem to confuse freedom of speech with the right to say anything. Lawyers love people who think that.

Edited by rmc
  • Like 1