British Speedway Forum
Sotonian

Exeter - A Glimmer Of Hope?

wow there really are some billy big bolloks on here!.....so does anybody know if Colin Hills "money" is still intact and available for the resurrection of Exeter speedway or has it been used elsewhere?...and if so where.....for the billy bolloks on here I wont sue or prosecute you for the details in the answer!

Such a charmer. Okay I've run this through Google Translate and got it into some form of readable English. Defamation is not subject to prosecution since it is subject to civil, not criminal law.

I suppose if people want to post stupid, reckless allegations about fraud in a public forum why should anyone try to help protect them from their stupidity?

Sadly 'billy bollocks' didn't get through the translator.

Good luck with your efforts to learn English. I'm sure you'll get there eventually.

I think it's becoming pretty apparent why the whole Exeter saga failed to produce a new track.

• Like 1

Such a charmer. Okay I've run this through Google Translate and got it into some form of readable English. Defamation is not subject to prosecution since it is subject to civil, not criminal law.

I suppose if people want to post stupid, reckless allegations about fraud in a public forum why should anyone try to help protect them from their stupidity?

Sadly 'billy bollocks' didn't get through the translator.

Good luck with your efforts to learn English. I'm sure you'll get there eventually.

I think it's becoming pretty apparent why the whole Exeter saga failed to produce a new track.

I have no need or the inclination to learn English, over the years I have learnt right from wrong.....also the main reason you struggled to find an answer translating Billy Big Bollocks is that you missed the big out of it.

You must really try harder if you wish to try and belittle people.

The information i was given from a reliable source id that after 10 years the trustees of Colins will, in view of the fact that a new track in the Exeter area was unlikely took the decision to divide the money between the trustees/legatees and that was done in March or April

Ha, i asked the same question, but couldn't get a straight answer, my money's on that it's gone on "legal" and charity work.

Sad to read that Arthur Daley died this week, but there are still plenty left in real life.

The information i was given from a reliable source id that after 10 years the trustees of Colins will, in view of the fact that a new track in the Exeter area was unlikely took the decision to divide the money between the trustees/legatees and that was done in March or April

As I understand Trusts, the only way the above would be allowed, is if the Trust Deed said as such, e.g. 'If a track is not found after 10 years, I would like the following persons to benefit from the Trust funds'...which could be the Trustees, as Trustees can be potential beneficiaries. The Trustees are/were perhaps Mr Hill's children? Maybe Mr Hill thought 10 years would be plenty of time. Sadly, with the lack of land and planning permission, 100 years might not be long enough!

the trustees that i know about are Mike Spearpoint, the woman who looked after Colin for his last year, a former GF / country and western singer, Brian who helped out at Exeter for yearsm, not sure if Tony Leathbridghe was or not, David Short, the guy who was Manortrends company secretary, a lady from Plymouth( Her daughter was known as Mrs Orange on the terraces) and thats as far as i can go, however all wills are in the public domain if you knoe where to look

the trustees that i know about are Mike Spearpoint, the woman who looked after Colin for his last year, a former GF / country and western singer, Brian who helped out at Exeter for yearsm, not sure if Tony Leathbridghe was or not, David Short, the guy who was Manortrends company secretary, a lady from Plymouth( Her daughter was known as Mrs Orange on the terraces) and thats as far as i can go, however all wills are in the public domain if you knoe where to look

Tony Lethbridge was.

Edited by Tsunami

Surely if the money was not to used for a track, it should have gone to a Speedway Charity or something to help the sport, not to the trustees

Edited by Buttons

Surely if the money was not to used for a track, it should have gone to a Speedway Charity or something to help the sport, not to the trustees

Agreed. I doubt whether the trustees received anything, possible just a nominal amount left at Colin's discretion.

Having a holiday home in Devon and being without a home track I have been a fan of both Exeter (I remember those bank holiday meetings when we had to wait for the doctor to turn up) and Plymouth so I am following with interest the possibility of a new track in Exeter.

The following is an extract from part of the Plymouth Devils Website. Hope it helps the discussion!

Manordelta Ltd

A well known speedway name - ex Exeter owner Colin Hill's original promoting company at the County Ground. When Colin knew he was dying he set up a special trust to try and preserve the sport in the Devon city, In his will he set aside a sizable amount of money to further that aim and the trustees have agreed to become 25 percent shareholders in the new Plymouth promotion,having virtually accepted that despite their efforts, there is no visable venue in Exeter. Andrew Copp, director of several companies and a silent partner in Colin Hill's business, is Manor Deltas representative on the board.

Also I think that planning permission was granted for the track at Halden Hill but the stumbling block was the rent that the new owners of the race course wanted.

Whatever the situation... against all odds, the Devils are through to the Play Offs. I look forward to seeing a load of Exeter supporters there at Plymouth to cheer us on against Glasgow.

• Like 1

I very much hope that you are right :t::approve: :approve:

i wish them well. However, for 'a few issues' I would read no chance