British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
em1500uk

King's Lynn V Leicester (29.07.15)

Agree. But the big difference is the difficulty of rider availability in rearranging postponed/abandoned fixtures in the EL. Poland and Sweden just rearrange whenever and on whatever day they wish!

Makes the heat 10 rule even more sensible!

Poland declare a result well before heat 10 whilst in Sweden it after heat 8!

The rule is a sensible one given the nature of the weather in recent years.

I don't see the Poles and Swedes moaning about abandoned meetings.

But then they probably moan less than your average UK Speedway fan! :wink:

Declare it when you like but don't charge me full price for less than a full 15 heats. Proper refunds need to be in place for fans; otherwise I go with Semion and will stay away when poor weather threatens.

Fans have a choice, as well as promoter's. Next time I am in the area and the black clouds appear, I will stay away.

• Like 1

It appears that way, there's always people to moan whatever the decision.

Some moan when the Sun's out, some moan when its in, Some like it to rain others will moan whatever the reason......

That's the way it is in this country......... Shame though....... :t:

Never a more apt description of yourself.

I am not forcing my opinion on you, simply calling you out on the BS you have given about not caring who was winning.

YOU have complained previously about meetings being forced to Heat 10 and then abandoned and yet here you are complaining that a meeting wasn't forced to Heat 10 and then abandoned.

Basically, regardless of the situation, you'll have a moan.

Then, once you know your bluff has been called you come out with the utterly irrelevant "I've been to lots of matches".. "You've not been to matches". Arguments of a 5 year old.

Stick to the topic, make your mind up and stick to it, then your opinion would be valid.

Until then, its biased BS.

Edited by BWitcher

Never a more apt description of yourself.

I am not forcing my opinion on you, simply calling you out on the BS you have given about not caring who was winning.

YOU have complained previously about meetings being forced to Heat 10 and then abandoned and yet here you are complaining that a meeting wasn't forced to Heat 10 and then abandoned.

Then, once you know your bluff has been called you come out with the utterly irrelevant "I've been to lots of matches".. "You've not been to matches". Arguments of a 5 year old.

Stick to the topic, make your mind up and stick to it, then your opinion would be valid.

Until then, its biased BS.

As proven by yourself so many times, If people don't agree with you then they are wrong.. ..... I can live with that..

An opinion and moaning are totally different, something you have yet to grasp..

When pointing out, about you not going to watch speedway, I did so trying, to understand your rants of what is correct and what isn't. I found that hard to justify some of the views you post. You say that argument is that of a 5 yr old, that I wouldn't know, but I'll take your word on that........ :t:

As proven by yourself so many times, If people don't agree with you then they are wrong.. ..... I can live with that..

An opinion and moaning are totally different, something you have yet to grasp..

When pointing out, about you not going to watch speedway, I did so trying, to understand your rants of what is correct and what isn't. I found that hard to justify some of the views you post. You say that argument is that of a 5 yr old, that I wouldn't know, but I'll take your word on that........ :t:

Once again, wrong.

I never say peoples opinions are wrong, but I will challenge the validity or strength of them, an entirely different concept. Especially when they are basing their opinion on incorrect facts.. or as in your case, they can't even make their mind up what their opinion is.

There are many sensible posters on here whom good debates over opinions can be had... others, like yourself, when challenged resort to the petty personal comments.

I challenged your opinion of Heat 10, suggesting it was biased.. Earlier in the year, this was your opinion..

What a truly awful meeting, that benefitted no-one. Every single aspect of the sport was shamed, The SCB Officials, the Team managers, the Referee, the sky Broadcast, everybody. This 10 race rule is an absolute joke. and makes the whole sport a mockery.

And yet here we are, just because your team was winning, all of a sudden it was imperative that Heat 10 was run.

So two totally opposite opinions, backing up what I said to start with... some folk will bleat regardless of the decision to abandon or not abandon.

• Like 1

or as a politician would say.."His opinions are inconsistent" :shock:

• Like 1

You only have to look at Grw views on the draft to see what kind of a fan he is ...if it suits King Lynn i'ts the great but the moment it's against them it's unfair . nothing worst than a speedway fan who pretends that he cares about the sport but really only cares if his club wins .

• Like 1

Once again, wrong.

I never say peoples opinions are wrong, but I will challenge the validity or strength of them, an entirely different concept. Especially when they are basing their opinion on incorrect facts.. or as in your case, they can't even make their mind up what their opinion is.

There are many sensible posters on here whom good debates over opinions can be had... others, like yourself, when challenged resort to the petty personal comments.

I challenged your opinion of Heat 10, suggesting it was biased.. Earlier in the year, this was your opinion..

And yet here we are, just because your team was winning, all of a sudden it was imperative that Heat 10 was run.

So two totally opposite opinions, backing up what I said to start with... some folk will bleat regardless of the decision to abandon or not abandon.

Of all the posters I 've read on here, you two are like pee's in a pod, are both so bloody wrong. You make judgement on people, simply by your views, and your views only. . Who are you to question the validity of peoples opinion. People base their opinions on what they feel and believe, but you say, you have the right to question them. You sure are some character ...

Before I close this ridiculous charade you created, I will explain again, again for the last time. I think the 10heat rule is wrong, Wrong in that it short changes the fans, Wrong that teams who win get the same amount points as a 15ht program, Wrong in that it diminishes the appeal of speedway to the paying public. Yes, wrong in so many ways.

But It makes no difference how I feel, the rules are there and the meeting are run along them lines.

The situation the other night regards the match against Leicester was also wrong in MY opinion. Our league is looked upon as the poor cousins in the speedway world and trying to arrange fixture with complicated schedules is no doubt very difficult. Our meetings are shifted from different days of the week, trying to accommodate these hectic schedules. The meeting with Leicester was never going to be a classic but even in view of the forecast it was decided to press ahead hoping the weather were wrong... If the meeting had only just started before the rains came, fair enough. Call a halt to the proceeding and offer a full refund......

As it was we had got to ht 8 they already were well adrift. Having already use their TR, The sky's were threatening, the forecasted rain was upon us. It was in everybody interest to push on with the meeting just to get a result and get it out of the way. No, I still don't agree with the ht 10 rule, but its there, and has been used by others.

Ht 9 was run, slower than usual but no problems. The rain at that time was not bad, people were still seating in the Royal Box. If the Ref hadn't deserted his post and run ht 10 the fixture would have be over and done with. No reruns to organise, no refunds to pay out.

By not running Heat 10 the Promoter and the supporters have to find additional costs. By abandoning the meeting after ht 9 has benefitted no one.

But I understand the logistics of rule and the reason why. My dislike of the ht 10 rule is because it short changes the fans, and the results can be manipulated by certain clubs.... the above meeting was the reason the rule was introduced just a shame the Ref didn't see it that way.

I hope I have made by views clear, I haven't changed how I feel, and regardless of your effort, neither have you..........

Good Bye...... :nono:

Of all the posters I 've read on here, you two are like pee's in a pod, are both so bloody wrong. You make judgement on people, simply by your views, and your views only. . Who are you to question the validity of peoples opinion. People base their opinions on what they feel and believe, but you say, you have the right to question them. You sure are some character ...

Before I close this ridiculous charade you created, I will explain again, again for the last time. I think the 10heat rule is wrong, Wrong in that it short changes the fans, Wrong that teams who win get the same amount points as a 15ht program, Wrong in that it diminishes the appeal of speedway to the paying public. Yes, wrong in so many ways.

But It makes no difference how I feel, the rules are there and the meeting are run along them lines.

The situation the other night regards the match against Leicester was also wrong in MY opinion. Our league is looked upon as the poor cousins in the speedway world and trying to arrange fixture with complicated schedules is no doubt very difficult. Our meetings are shifted from different days of the week, trying to accommodate these hectic schedules. The meeting with Leicester was never going to be a classic but even in view of the forecast it was decided to press ahead hoping the weather were wrong... If the meeting had only just started before the rains came, fair enough. Call a halt to the proceeding and offer a full refund......

As it was we had got to ht 8 they already were well adrift. Having already use their TR, The sky's were threatening, the forecasted rain was upon us. It was in everybody interest to push on with the meeting just to get a result and get it out of the way. No, I still don't agree with the ht 10 rule, but its there, and has been used by others.

Ht 9 was run, slower than usual but no problems. The rain at that time was not bad, people were still seating in the Royal Box. If the Ref hadn't deserted his post and run ht 10 the fixture would have be over and done with. No reruns to organise, no refunds to pay out.

By not running Heat 10 the Promoter and the supporters have to find additional costs. By abandoning the meeting after ht 9 has benefitted no one.

But I understand the logistics of rule and the reason why. My dislike of the ht 10 rule is because it short changes the fans, and the results can be manipulated by certain clubs.... the above meeting was the reason the rule was introduced just a shame the Ref didn't see it that way.

I hope I have made by views clear, I haven't changed how I feel, and regardless of your effort, neither have you..........

If King's Lynn had started at the advertised time of 7.30, none of this discussion would have been necessary.

Parade at 7.40 with tractor still at work.

First race was at nearly five minutes to eight.

• Like 3

It doesn't matter how long you make your posts, or how many excuses you try and concoct. In meetings not involving Kings Lynn being in a winning position you've complained do that meetings were pushed through.. Only now it involves Kings Lynn do you suddenly want that to happen.

No judgements have been made on our opinion, only on yours. It's not our fault you give such contradicting opinions depending upon the situation.

You're biased to your own team, most of us are, I have been in the past, difference is I'm adult enough to admit it instead of digging deeper holes.

Some important factors that seemed to have escaped your attention.

The score line is IRRELEVANT.

Whether a team has used their TR is IRRELEVANT.

Whether a club has to pay refunds or not is IRRELEVANT.

All that matters is whether the official feels the track is fit to race safely on. Heat 9 was almost 7 seconds slower, which gives a good indication. The referee deemed the track unfit, end of story.

Whether it was heat 9 or heat 1 once again is IRRELEVANT.

Edited by BWitcher

Your opinion charges from week to week as long as it suits KL . You done on the heat 10 rule and you done it on the draft rule .

As for the happened in this match as BW as pointed out if track is unsafe it's unsafe what part of the match it is and what refunds you have to give out has no bearing.... riders being safe comes first and as this is what nearly all the fans were saying and moaning about when heat 10 was run in the cov v Poole match and you were one of them ..now a few weeks later you want heat 10 to be run no matter what .

Right decision not to run heat 10, I was more annoyed that the first race did not run until 19:55 to allow for watering! You could see the mass of cloud building behind the stadium. I feel like Coventry did Friday, started parade at 19:20 and first race bang on half past, we would have got a result. Still dislike the ridiculous heat 10 rule, it should be heat 12 like it used to be at least if they are to declare a result. I'm glad Leicester objected I would hate to have seen a farce of heat 10 just to get a result!

• Like 3

Right decision not to run heat 10, I was more annoyed that the first race did not run until 19:55 to allow for watering! You could see the mass of cloud building behind the stadium. I feel like Coventry did Friday, started parade at 19:20 and first race bang on half past, we would have got a result. Still dislike the ridiculous heat 10 rule, it should be heat 12 like it used to be at least if they are to declare a result. I'm glad Leicester objected I would hate to have seen a farce of heat 10 just to get a result!

You cannot compromise safety

You cannot compromise safety

The promotions and team managers do if they want a result so clearly they can. But they will still use the safety argument if they are losing. #hypocrites

• Like 1

The heat 10 rule is number 5 on the list of things the pokc sycophants are too thick to realise that the pokc actually does more harm than good.

The pock cut-off date in early September is no. 4. The 'we'll move the cut-off to suit some teams but not others when we like' is number 6.

The heat 10 rule wasn't brought in purely for the play offs, we had play offs before the heat 10 rule.

What is pock? is this another of your made up abbreviations, i would have thought you could have abbreviated sychophants to sycho's by now!!

• Like 1