British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Rye House V Newcastle Premier League Saturday 1st August 2015 At 7pm

Rye house line up will be interesting tonight

Anders Mellgren has posted a picture of him out of control and close to the fence on his twitter page(https://twitter.com/amellgren)

Robert Lambert aggravated his injury yesterday

My guess is a call to Michael Palm Toft is needed.

I thought Kennett was meant to ride for Rye at home meetings if Lakeside were away.?

But not the grip on their purse strings methinks. Tero not the first rider to have home country commitments, so hopefully our promotion are looking long and hard prior to an idea on how to cope with our injury probs. if Henry and Rose are long term doubts. At least I bloody well hope so!

They will have Financial parameters to work to to safeguard the Speedway future at Newcastle. Everything, unfortunately, must be guided by that.

I sympathise with the Newcastle Promoters at present - it can't be easy...

• Like 1

Gotta work within your budget to survive. Newport "bought" the KOC a while back and closed soon after.

• Like 1

what the h@@l is going on. Sign riders who can't ride use under strength guests this season goes from bad to worse. Other teams are strengthening and were sitting dithering. Have the promotion lost the plot

No, but as HadrianDog and TWK say, they are trying to track a team that we can afford, given we are out of the reckoning for the playoffs and more added meetings.

I find it amazing that those who don't go to our speedway, always know the promotion have got it wrong again.

• Like 3

No, but as HadrianDog and TWK say, they are trying to track a team that we can afford, given we are out of the reckoning for the playoffs and more added meetings.

I find it amazing that those who don't go to our speedway, always know the promotion have got it wrong again.

thats why they don't go,,, if they did go, there might be more money to spend, its a vicious circle :(

thats why they don't go,,, if they did go, there might be more money to spend, its a vicious circle :(

It's vicious I grant you that, most critics on here are finished with speedway anyway, but continue to dig the knife it. Telling others in the sport to spend more money, and disagreeing with every decision does make one wonder how good a fan they were when they did attended. Most of them have issues.

• Like 1

It's vicious I grant you that, most critics on here are finished with speedway anyway, but continue to dig the knife it. Telling others in the sport to spend more money, and disagreeing with every decision does make one wonder how good a fan they were when they did attended. Most of them have issues.

That's cos they know better ;-)

• Like 1

That's cos they know better ;-)

Yea, I laughed at that as well. :P

• Like 1

Disagree with you totally I want to go back but I want to be entertained the last couple of times I have been bored with gate and go speedway and the fact that the meetings took 2-3 hours to run my little boy got bored and wanted to go home. One of the meetings I think it was Sheffield turned up with a team full of guests and I think we had riders missing cause they were doubling up !!!!try explaining that to new comers. It's up to the promotion to try and get the likes of me back,slicker ran meetings,better racing. instead of having a go at people try looking at it from someone else's perspective instead of your own all of the time,you will continue to go right till the last as a die hard which is your prerogative which I respect but speedway is in the entertainment industry and all promotions of all teams need to take a good hard look at themselves if they want speedway in this country to flourish..there are to many other attractions around these days to get your ££££s so this support it at all cost or loose it just doesn't wash

Sorry to continue my rant but look at teams we have had in the past with Kenny,Rene,bjerre,both pedersons jesper Olsen they were entertaining riders who produced moves that kept you on the edge of your seat and meetings were exciting and you hoped they missed the gate. Who remembers james grieves blasting round the bends awesome. That's what you need to get punters through the door even when we had a poor team we had riders like Jason Lyons who made you want to come back each week. Riders who you know we're going to mix it with the opposition's men.

Edited by robbieblackadder fan club
  • Like 1