British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil

Tactical Rides - Tactical Substitute - Guest Rules

As the word "Golden Tactical" etc. have been removed from the rules it would be very helpful if Racer X could post the new rules / definitions.

As the word "Golden Tactical" etc. have been removed from the rules it would be very helpful if Racer X could post the new rules / definitions.

Racer X,

Could you post (by replying to this topic) what you believe the rules are for Tactical Rides - Tactical Substitute - Guest Rules for us all so we are all singing for the same hymn sheet and not calling them golden doubles etc.:oops:

As you ask so nicely, of course I will....

TACTICAL RIDES (TR)

* permitted when a team is 8 or more points in arrears after Heat 4.

* subject to use of a maximum of twice per Team per Meeting

* each Rider may only take one TR ride

*not permitted in the same heat as a TS is being used

*not permitted in any Nominated or High Scorers Heat

* a rider already having taken a TS cannot also be nominated as a TR

These points count double for the meeting and count at their normal value for average puposes (this will cause headaches)

TACTICAL SUBSTITUTES (TS)

(These replace the old style six points down bring in a heat leader for a reserve in heat eight version)

A rider is introduced for another (subject to a three ride minimum), and takes a 15 metre handicap.

*only one TS ride is permitted per Team per Meeting

* a Rider cannor replace himself as a TS

* a rider already having taken a TR cannot also be nominated as a TS

(These rides are discounted from official averages completely. Note that in previous seasons the speedway star has insisted on including these points at their normal value in their averages.)

GUEST RULES

These will take me half an hour to type in....soooo

Basically for single injuries = gest for no 1 / RR for everyone else apart from top reserve.

more than one injury / incl number 1 = guest for no1 RR for 2nd guests for rest.

more than one injury / not number 1 = RR for highest guests for lowest

there are other complications but I'll leave it for a while if that's OK?

Hapilly (as far as I'm concerned) no mention of Golden or Jokers anywhere!

I'm sure it will take announcers and management alike a little while to adjust to the new termology...

Edited by Racer X

TACTICAL RIDES (TR)

* subject to use of a maximum of twice per Team per Meeting

* each Rider may only take one TR ride

*not permitted in the same heat as a TS is being used

* a rider already having taken a TS cannot also be nominated as a TR

These points count double for the meeting and count at their normal value for average puposes (this will cause headaches)

Thanks for the explanations. So a TR can be taken in Heat 14 (I can see quite a few of these happening). One thing that you ( or most probably the rules) don't mention is can both riders in one heat be nominated as TRs, giving a 10-1 heat win if they come first and second?

If so, it would allow a team dropping eight points behind after heat 13 to try this. A first and second would give them a one point lead going into heat 15 instead of a four point deficit.

A team can only use one TR or TS per heat, so 10-1's are NOT possible, eve the BSPA don't allow that!

A team can only use one TR or TS per heat, so 10-1's are NOT possible, eve the BSPA don't allow that!

I was just after clarification because double T/Ss were allowed before and there is no mention of no double T/Rs now, just no T/R and T/S in the same heat. Thanks for clearing that little point up.

Can any rider in the team take these rides, or are they restricted to heat leaders, and also i remember reading something about nominated riders. Do they have to be nominated prior to the meeting, or has this rule now been dropped?

We(Brandon 4th bend) discussed this tonight, how many TS or TR can be used in a meeting? Is it 2 of either, just 2? or some other combination as I though it was 3 in total with only one TR but someone else said it was only 2, thats one of each or 2 TS's. So how many and what are the possible combinations!

Whats pathetic is that I can't work it out and I like to be up to date with the rules and regs and don't know so how will the average fan understand?!

It is 2 x TR --nominated before the heat with a TR board displayed --from the gate and points count double. Only one ride per rider.

1 x TS off 15 metres is allowed but a rider cannot have a Tr and a Ts and neither can be used in ht 15 and you can't have a TR and a TS in same race.

For both team has to be 8 down after ht 4 and once nominated by a TM it cannot be changed.

That's it in a nutshell !! :blink::blink:;)

(Thought you might have bought a rule book at Stoneleigh SCB--they were on sale on the refs stand???)

Edited by Main Man

Something I haven't seen mentioned is that the T/S rider's (the one that starts 15 metres back) points are also doubled so a team taking a hammering can score NINE (not shouting, just emphasizing) extra points.

There's scope for some tactical riding there, especially for the bonus point, or aggregate win in cup competitions.

A TR and a TS can only score 6 points. So a team can only score 8 points in one heat.

Thanks MM, I thought thats how it worked btu I was unsure after a TS was not used in heat 14 (when Wolves could still win, in theory).

I'm not buying a rule book for it to be out of date 2 weeks later :)

For both team has to be 8 down after ht 4 and once nominated by a TM it cannot be changed.

Just for clarification purposes. When you say once nominated does that mean the TM has to inform the referee or does he inform the Clerk of the Course who then informs the ref. I can see a possible loophole if the latter is the case, communciation break down followed by engine breakdown of the "nominated" rider on the way to tapes :P I wouldn't put it past a couple of TMs :rolleyes:

Guest comet

you are going to need a degree in advanced mathematics to work this out, what is wrong with the best side winning buy the correct margin

Wouldnt it be odd if Lennos lewis having Knocked down Mike Tyson he then had to stand still While Tyson was given a free shot, cmon get real

It is the "responsibility of the Team manager to let the referee know " which rider is on a TR.

Worst rule ever thought of.

Just a joke that makes the sport look stupid .