British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DutchGrasstrack

Gorzow Gp 29 August

As a general rule I agree, but this is a pretty special set of circumstances. The four letter word that stood out for me was "Love"- great that sportspeople are not afraid to express man-love.

Is anyone actually offended by the f word these days. Most kids know it, and if not it would have washed right over them. My six year old told my 4 year old the other day " I've figured out what the f word is." Loud whisper "it's " fool!""

Correct and everybody Is different,what puzzles me eaces1" is Hancock shows that other side the other week in the incident with Pedersen.He gets killed for that, he also gets branded a boring personality and a gating tart the bloke can't seem to win with some of us not me of course.

Tai's first ride in this meeting was ridiculous good it was unreal especially early on in the meeting where the grip is usually scarce.

That ride alone deserves a world title and IMO only a few riders ever could have done that and won that heat like he did.

Trust me watch that heat again.

I felt the same re Heat 13 (the pass on Zagar) it was comparable to a ride by Woffinden at Sheffield the year he won the PLRC. He has an ability at times to race a track in a way it hasn’t been raced by other riders, he also has an amazing talent in that you can see where and how he is going to pass a rider almost 2 laps before he does, which doesn’t make it any less stunning when he actually carries the move off.

Re him swearing, so what, in a week when a man he is a close friend with has been left hospitalised his emotions will evidently be running high, I would doubt what he is saying on TV is of much importance to him just now, I would have expected people to be more understanding of the current circumstance and strains currently on the likes of Woffinden.

• Like 4

I think people who feel the need to swear when getting their point across just lack vocabulary...

• Like 6

I think people who feel the need to swear when getting their point across just lack vocabulary...

Emotion maybe does that.? Edited by sidney

Swear words are included in vocabulary as a whole, if you want to restrict your vocabulary to exclude them that is your choice :)

Niamh

• Like 1

I and many others can express themselves emotionally, show man love etc without the need to swear.

If someone can not string a a few words together to form a sentance without having swear words included then I feel they are lacking something.

When very young you expect parents to chastise their children if they swore, yet somehow it becomes acceptable when one is older. I dont accept that.

If you let standards of decency to drop in any one area and accept it, can we really complain when standards drop in other areas.

If someone came up to you and your wife and started feeing and blinding, would you accept it. I wouldn't/couldn't

So why should I accept it on TV especially when its a family sport that I am viewing. And that's why the presenters keep apologising for those occasions speedways top sportsmen swear. What they do in the pits or their own life is up to them, but it is not acceptable in public and that includes TV interviews.

Edited by Joe Hatton
  • Like 1

f@#%ing tw@t
  • Like 4

I and many others can express themselves emotionally, show man love etc without the need to swear.

So you choose to only use a subset of the English language.

Why do you wish to restrict others and prevent them from using a word that's been part of the language for over 400 years-

"what is the origin of the word f**k? Originally, this was a quite acceptable word! It was recorded in a dictionary in 1598"

Niamh

Some of Doyle's moves last night were" hard and dangerous" not "hard but fair" IMO .Has had a few in the last few Gp's .

• Like 3

I agree, Fromafar. If I was were other riders I would be keeping a keen eye whenever I rode with Doyle or Kildemand. Since Nickis wrestling match with Greg he seems to have calmed down.

Take Zagar for instance, he has two bad crashes in the last two GP's, both involved NP as well, but neither was Nicki the problem. First of all Kildemand, then Doyle. If these things carry on there is going to be another serious injury, which no one wants.

• Like 2

I thought that in his first race Tai proved that he is the best rider in the world at the moment and could well go on to be one of the best of all time. His ability to find grip and set up a pass from any part of the track is unbelievable.

Recently I have thought his attitude on TV had improved a great deal and was very disappointed with the swearing. Like most I swear at work and use those same words all the time but I wouldn't do so in a room full of kids or older people which is effectively what he did. The first one was understandable the second one arrogance in my opinion. If he were to start his next GP interview with an apology he would impress those who feel like myself and undo any harm I'm sure.

Good GP with some very hard racing, good job it wasn't NP pulling some of those moves as this topic would be 100 pages by now :-)

• Like 5

OK OK OK OK OK Tai was wrong to say it but come on people, he wanted to ram home his point, his feeling for Darcy and that is how he chose to do it, we all say the f word at times and usually for the same reason. There are some righteous folk on this thread, let's leave it and think of Darcy Ward who is suffering at the moment .....

One more thing, no Doyle isn't getting the slamming that Nicki would have got for that move he did, only reason being NP has had a whole career of making moves like that, Doyley is only now showing his repertoire off ....

Edited by Trees

Ok ok. It's a naughty swear word. Why are people getting so precious about it?FFS, much bigger things have happened in the last week. That was his point!

• Like 1

Woffys look, his attitude and now the swearing though is pretty "cool". Unlike Hancocks trying to be cool but not realising it's not 1970s America now and he just looks like a prick.

Being a little edgy and naughty, being the lad that if a young girl took home to meet her parents that her parents would be a little shocked is exactly what we need. Not boring "nice" guys. They don't sell. My sister has a major crush on Woffy, she likes the tattoos, piercings, the arrogance etc. there probably a lot of 20-something women thinking the same. When was the last time speedway had a World Champion with any sex appeal? 1982, around about the last time my mum cared about speedway!

So Greg Hancock wears Darcy Wards colours as a tribute to his good friend, and that makes him in your opinion, 'look like a prick'.

Well I guess that tells us something about the kind of person you are.

• Like 2

FFS, Woffy used a naughty word, aren't there more pressing matters within the speedway world at the moment? Maybe when British speedway isn't heading to oblivion, there aren't any riders with catastrophic injuries and the GPs have the best 15 riders in the world maybe then someone saying a rude word is something to be so wound up about.