British Speedway Forum

Rye House V Edinburgh August 8 2015

Not the usual smug, self assured cockiness we're used to from Scotland's Big team supporters.

They're feeling the heat.

Enough is enough. Silver has got to pack it in.

He can lambast the supporters all he wants, but he's been serving up crap for the last few seasons.

I for one will not be wasting my money at Rye anymore, I'm sorry to say.

For the second time this season Monarchs have bounced back from a home defeat with a brilliant away win. This time it was more difficult as no Sam & Erik - and it wasn't at Glasgow ;)

Cookie was class, Sedgy sensational & Wölbert wonderful - and well backed-up by our 3 reserves.

Back at the top of the league! Will we still be there after tomorrow? Unlikely, but you never know with this team.

• Like 2

He can lambast the supporters all he wants, but he's been serving up crap for the last few seasons.

DONT BE NEGITIVE. YOU,VE GOT YOUR SPEEDWAY WIN OR LOSE ,ENJOY. SUPPORT YOUR TEAM ,BTW LEN SILVER IS A HERO IN MY OPINION.HE.S PUT A LOT INTO SPEEDWAY ,GET OUT AND CHEER ON YOUT TEAM

• Like 2

Give some credit George......but there again, your so blinkered, with nothing to show for it

Of course I'm blinkered. I take that as a compliment. :)

I agree total waste of money but it's more the amount of spill Silver comes out with that annoys me, he totally & deliberately misleads his public treating us all like fools. I'm done with PL but will continue supporting NL as I believe it's a far better product. God help Rye House if the rumours of PL are true #rip

Didnt expect that tonight, thought Monarchs would struggle heats 6-10 after Cookie getting early rr ride but great battling performance from all the lads.

Highlights for me Cookie's ride off 15m, awesome especially after getting out of shape midrace, but probably topping that was his first bend in heat 13 shuffling up the rockets to make room for the steady Liam Carr to come through for a vital 3rd. My Goodness Rye's no 2 was woefully slow all night. Maassen (sp) I was pleasantly surprised with, he has something.

A lot of jumpy starts from the Monarchs reserves but a very welcome 4 points.

Rico

RYE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE:::
:::::::::

Rockets Bow to Monarchs

The Restart Rockets’ up-and-down 2015 season hit a downward trajectory in a 52-40 home defeat against defending League Champions Edinburgh.

The Rockets had been on a recent upswing with comprehensive victories over Newcastle (League) and Berwick (Cup), but were decisively beaten here by a Monarchs team clearly on the rebound from its own home defeat the previous week against fellow pace-setters Peterborough. Just as Robert Lambert had proven the solo turn at Hoddesdon seven days earlier, so Craig Cook was the star attraction here, going through the card for a paid 18 point maximum in what was a true tour de force display. Justin Sedgmen was not far behind him, dropping his only points of the night through an opening race tapes infringement, and with Kevin Wölbert adding 12 and reserve Max Clegg a battling 6, the Monarchs made light of the absence of Sam Masters and Erik Riss.

On this performance, as well as a quick glance at the League table, Edinburgh are not letting go of any of their silverware in a hurry.

The Rockets’ hopes, in contrast, seemed to fall alongside Edward Kennett’s own tumble in a battle with Cook on the third bend of Heat 1. The Rye House No.1 took a painful knock to his back in the crash but bravely battled on through his remaining programmed rides – although his uncustomary haul of just 9 points reflects his visibly subdued nature – before wisely sitting out the nominated race when the match had already been lost.

The Rockets also missed Nikolaj Busk Jakobsen – away in a prestigious, but ultimately non-riding, reserve role at the Danish Grand Prix – as fellow Dane Kasper Lykke instead took centre stage for Rye in his best match to date since returning from the broken collarbone. Lykke collected a race win in his paid 10 contribution, with his Heat 14 success one of only three Rye victories on the night.

Rye House team manager John Sampford admitted afterwards that “It was always going to be a hard match. Even without Sam Masters and Erik Riss, the Monarchs looked strong before the word go. They are not League, Cup and League Cup winners for nothing. They have retained the nucleus of that side in 2015, and augmented it as well.

“You have to realise that on some days you just get beaten by a better team.

“Having Nikolaj (Busk Jakobsen) available, and a fully fit Edward (Kennett) after Heat 1, would have made a difference, but whether it would have been enough I really don’t know.”

While conceding that the Rockets’ third home defeat has dealt a major blow to their receding hopes of sneaking a Play-Off place, Sampford believes that “Anything can still turn; all it takes is one heat and one match. You only have to look at Plymouth as the obvious example: after that away win at Somerset, they are now off and running.

“We are their next visitors on Friday (August 14th), and although we will be without Nikolaj (who is committed to the following night’s World U-21 Final round in Poland), we will go there and give our best show.

“We have to move on. Tonight is done and dusted. It’s another day; another match. We won the last time we rode there, and that remains the target again.”

Rye House scorers:

Anders Mellgren 11+1 (6 rides, inc 4 as a TR), Kasper Lykke 9+1 (6), Edward Kennett 9 (5), Robin Aspegren 6+1 (5), Luke Bowen 3+2 (4), Danny Maassen 2 (4), Nikolaj Busk Jakobsen R/R

Edinburgh scorers:

Craig Cook 15+3 (6 rides,max), Justin Sedgmen 15 (6), Kevin Wölbert 12 (5), Max Clegg 6 (6), Robert Branford 3 (6), Liam Carr (guest) 1 (3), Sam Masters R/R

Match Points: Rye House 0 Edinburgh 4

The Restart Rockets take centre stage at Rye House this afternoon (Sunday) when they collide with arch-rivals Mildenhall in the City Gearboxes National League. The action starts at 3pm.

Pretty luck lustre from the Rockets. Shows what a top heavy team can achieve. Len Silver must take a very hard look at next years side if he doesn't want another year of countless home defeats.

Can't imagine Warren Scott is too impressed with what's going on.

Hard decisions needed during the winter on where they want this team to go.

• Like 2

DONT BE NEGITIVE. YOU,VE GOT YOUR SPEEDWAY WIN OR LOSE ,ENJOY. SUPPORT YOUR TEAM ,BTW LEN SILVER IS A HERO IN MY OPINION.HE.S PUT A LOT INTO SPEEDWAY ,GET OUT AND CHEER ON YOUT TEAM

I remember my first beer too.

Times change and Silver hasn't changed with them. Simple. Past is past and at present we're pony.

• Like 1

Times change and Silver hasn't changed with them. Simple. Past is past and at present we're pony.

So whats he got to do then? You were doing well to a few injuries no?

Edited by Dekker

going with your comments bet you can still remember your first moan .seems your time has not changed