British Speedway Forum

I wouldn't be panicking yet. There's still a third of a year until the season starts

While there is no need to panic,it must be disappointing NJB going to Peterbro.

But everyone else apart from Edinburgh who will have their team sorted and somerset have made signings at least and with you's losing your most prosporous rider I can see why you's are pissed off, it's a big blow

While there is no need to panic,it must be disappointing NJB going to Peterbro.

Huge disappointment, there's nobody on an average similar who I'd have taken over NBJ, not even Howarth or Worrall.

Plus he's a racer who is good to watch, so another reason why it's a strange decision.

• Like 1

Wasn't NBJ a Len Silver signing in his role of responsibility for Rockets team matters? With what appear to be the circumstances surrounding Len's departure as implied in his public statements, is this an indication that now the new owners have formally taken over the promotional reigns they are now seeking to establish 'their' team and move away from 'Len's team? Mind you if that means no Bowen or Boxhall, I shan't be crying into my beer.

Be interesting to see what side they eventually announce but 'not requiring' NBJ for 2016 is consistent with Warren Scott's statement regarding the signing of Lambert being “just one part of our plans for the future." It implies he was signed with a view to 2016 and it is likely that he and Edward will spearhead the 2016 team.

With NBJ being such an entertainer with the potential to 'do a Linus' next season and it being obvious that his departure would be something that many supporters would be disappointed about it isn't good PR for Rye House not to have made their own announcement however brief about NBJ's departure. Uncle Lennie was often criticised on this forum regarding a lack of proactive communication with supporters so maybe BMR aren't so much more media savvy than the octagenarian Mr Silver!

Edited by Cheekee Raylee Monkee

Uncle Lennie was often criticised on this forum regarding a lack of proactive communication with supporters so maybe BMR aren't so much more media savvy than the octagenarian Mr Silver!

They're pretty active on Twitter regarding touring cars and even touring karts. Seems that speedway is pretty low on their list of priorities.

What are they thinking letting nbj go!?!? Bonkers

Is history repeating itself.

When Len sold Rye to Ronnie Russell in 1987 he omitted to include Andrew Silver in the deal (to Ronnies surprise) and promptly sold Andrew to Arena Essex.

Move on 20 years, Len made some barbed comments in the S Star clearly stating this was no amicable split, so was NBJ included in the sale and if not what was the loan/sale terms of acquiring NBJ?

• Like 1

When Len sold Rye to Ronnie Russell in 1987 he omitted to include Andrew Silver in the deal (to Ronnies surprise) and promptly sold Andrew to Arena Essex.

Move on 20 years, Len made some barbed comments in the S Star clearly stating this was no amicable split, so was NBJ included in the sale and if not what was the loan/sale terms of acquiring NBJ?

Apart from Len and the new bloke i doubt many can claim to know the in's and out's of the contract made between them to sell / buy Rye House. I was under the impression that Andrew wanted the move to Arena all those years ago and i doubt there is anything sinister in the NBJ deal either.

As far as Len and barbed comments, i am no lover of the new owners (have no reason to be) but Len let himself down during the season especially comments about Andrew and the track prep for NL meetings, stuff that should have been kept in house. He must have known that his Managerial style would grate against the new owners too.

Rye House was a mess last year from the team down to the worsening state of the stadium. Now Len has moved on the new bloke has no excuse if he doesn't get things right. Last season without saying anything it was easy to shift the blame on Len.

For me the stadium facilities must come up to scratch and the team most importantly must be strong enough for a play off spot, anything short of that and the crowds will diminish even further.

They're pretty active on Twitter regarding touring cars and even touring karts. Seems that speedway is pretty low on their list of priorities.

No interest in twitter so i can't say but that surely is a cause for concern.

Just hope that in a year or so those who called for Silver to go won't be thinking the same about the new bloke. It was a long and lingering death with RR but i fear this time it will be quicker

• Like 1

A top 3 of Linus/Eddy and Lambert..... Mmmmmm pigs might be flying? Wouldn't even fit with 4 3.00's I dont think.

A top 3 of Linus/Eddy and Lambert..... Mmmmmm pigs might be flying? Wouldn't even fit with 4 3.00's I dont think.

Meant, tongue in cheek.
  • Like 1

The press release says "The Panthers have swooped to land the hot prospect on loan from parent club Rye House for the 2016 season." So NBJ is a Rye asset not a Silver asset.

We need to get the team right first, if we have a competitive, entertaining, winning team on track then the improvements to facilities being made quickly won't be of such importance, people will have more patience if they are being entertained. That said now is the perfect time to get the place up to scratch.

ben, ben, ben, ben, ben, ben, ben. where are you ? The Rye House thread is dropping down the page. Keep posting, keep the faith.

1. Ed Kennett

2. Rob Lambert

3. Rob Mear

4. Steve Boxall

5. Kasper Lykke

6. Rob Brandford

7. Ben Morley

A team for all the moaners, will end up with wooden spoon, but may stir up a bit of debate :drink::drink::rofl:

• Like 1

Have you been drinking?