British Speedway Forum

Not so worried after seeing Somersets team! Think we look ok

Not so worried after seeing Somersets team! Think we look ok

That's a shocker. Very unlike any Somerset team I've seen in recent years Like you, I don't think we look too bad now!

A serious point (unlike the previous posters purile attempt to bump up the thread to the top)

Surely it was a puerile attempt?

Have seen a couple of blurry videos on Facebook looks as if work has started on the home straight stands already, Shads go look over the fence!

Surely it was a puerile attempt?

I'm glad we agree

Have seen a couple of blurry videos on Facebook looks as if work has started on the home straight stands already, Shads go look over the fence!

You're taller than me, you look!!

Anyway, it's dark when I leave for work (4.45am) and dark when I get home (7pm)

Edited by Shads
  • Like 1

It's no easier late at night either! Doesn't look anything major thus far, but it's a sign of change, pretty much what we was promised the first meeting of the season this year..

It's no easier late at night either! Doesn't look anything major thus far, but it's a sign of change, pretty much what we was promised the first meeting of the season this year..

Last checked a couple of weeks ago, didn't seem any work had started front of house. Dunno about pits side though. I'll have a peek at the weekend

My dad went near there today & could see the temp stand still standing and also the 2 they put on bends 1&2 still there!

The long bar has been ripped out and the top bar just cables in the ceilings left,

I did take a photo of the long bar where the stage once was.

The long bar has been ripped out and the top bar just cables in the ceilings left,

I did take a photo of the long bar where the stage once was.

That could just be the damage done at the Pair of Aces post meeting party

• Like 1

Question ?

I see that Tyson Nelson won the NSW state speedway championship, therefore qualifying him to get a visa to ride in the UK. I think that Nelson was a Rye House asset but after all the hassles Len had getting him a visa the other season he did not come to the UK.

After all the grief Len had in obtaining a visa, Len gave up his sponsorship licence for Aussie riders from what I can remember.

Does this mean that if Tyson comes over to ride in the UK, he comes over as a 'free agent' or is he still a Rye House asset and a transfer or loan fee will apply to his new club ??

I don't think he will be coming over, just interested on current rules.

Didnt Nelson have other issues apart from the qualification element when it came to the visa application?

Didnt Nelson have other issues apart from the qualification element when it came to the visa application?

Yes I think so, but I was just interested in the speedway regulation etc. side of things..

Can't see him returning to the UK in the foreseeable future