British Speedway Forum

I hope your right, it's not fair to the rest of the team who may not all score in double figures, but who at least get some points, to have a rider in the team who only gets a point when 3 riders finish the race. Perhaps Karger is trying but he is clearly not up to Premier League standard.

• Like 1

He would struggle to score points as a reserve in the nl. He really did look like a young kid doing his first laps on a 500

I'm sure if Peterborough can get Cook into their team on the premise of moving their dedicated race day then Rye

Must seek to replace Peter with Rob Branford - a National league rider for an overseas import.

Quote from the Rye website tonight

“And even though Peter (Karger) struggled on the track, he was there for the team and helping out wherever he could, which highlights the spirit in the camp and how hard everyone is trying". My answer to that is he may be a nice person, a team player and helping other riders in the pits etc. but if he can't get points on the track I'm sorry but in the best interests of the team he has to go. We were lucky tonight to finish within 2 points of Ipswich which should give us a good chance on Saturday to progress in the cup but our luck is not going to hold out forever and when it runs out supporters will start drifting away and I don't think anyone wants to see that happening. Team BMR I hope you are taking on board comments made on this website by paying supporters!

Thank the Lord we had Ben Morley firing at reserve tonight. Has there been a worse signing in recent memory than Peter Karger? Makes Kurt Shields look good. Even Dan Greenwood averaged more than this guy. Makes me nostalgic for Danny Maassen

Edited by Shads
  • Like 2

Ben Morley looked significantly improved IMO

His contribution seems likely to decide the tie overall.

• Like 5

need to get MPT while we can

Heard a whisper he's already lined up somewhere.

MPT hasn't been that good this season, not sure why he's seen as the answer. That said he'd do better than Karger! I'd go for two changes personally, Karger and another out, Branford and a rider to score some points at the top end in.

MPT hasn't been that good this season, not sure why he's seen as the answer. That said he'd do better than Karger! I'd go for two changes personally, Karger and another out, Branford and a rider to score some points at the top end in.

I think it's because he rides our track quite well. He hasn't had a great start to the season but would be picking up points that Karger isn't & so it would be an improvement. As Branford is in the Raiders he would seem an obvious replacement but he has never really kicked on at PL level either.

I agree that we probably could do with more than one change but I'm not sure who is available.

Not sure if you can replace Karger, being an assesed rider new to the league this year you have to stick with him, unless he quits or has a long term injury,

I'm really surprised he hasn't quit. He can't be earning any money and after last night he must surely know he isn't up to it.

Could it be that he really may want to follow in his dad's footsteps but as you say he really isn't up to it, surely now it's time someone sat him down and had a good chat re his Speedway ambitions ie his dad, or could it be that is where he is getting encouragement from to keep trying even though surely it is now obvious to all concerned he has made no progress at all since arriving at Rye House

It's bad enough having a 3 point rider not scoring any points, but to have a 5 point rider doing the same is far worse, you're basically a 37.50 team. I think Karger would struggle in the national league. He was probably signed because of who his father is, did anyone look at his results elsewhere before he was signed..