British Speedway Forum

What riders are available assuming Rye go down either of the suggested routes to complete the team ??

At the risk of getting loads of hate mail from the older Rye fans, do we think that Robbo is going to maintain or improve his average this year ? With the general cock up on team building this year, I cannot think of many options other than maybe losing Robbo or Leigh if Klindt has actually decided to not ride for Rye House, then see if Pontus is available (don't know his current average) then look for somebody to fit in with the points left, Rosen, Palovarra, Eklof, Graversen.

Maybe this sort of shuffle was in the minds of Rye management when they contacted Jye Etheridge, wouldn't lie to think they were thinking of a 1 for1 swop, Klindt for Etheridge as this would have left us at least one point below limit (usual Len team ? )

There you go, as much as I admire Robbo and was thrilled by his efforts and exploits in our winning team. I see him as a 3rd heat leader who is not going to improve in future, a job which Leigh Lanham can do at Rye House and I don't think either can do regularly on away tracks.

Now I put on flak jacket, hard hat and stand back.

I don't know why I am surprised, cock ups on the team front seem to be part and parcel of Rye management. NB. Tyson Nelson, Stevie B, Jason Doyle, Rob Lambert, NBJ etc. etc.

• Like 1

Been nearly a fortnight now since the klindt to leicester rumours started, isit actually true or is it just that, rumours?

Been nearly a fortnight now since the klindt to leicester rumours started, isit actually true or is it just that, rumours?

i would say its true and now the door has opened for him at scunny now poole has called it a day.

i would say its true and now the door has opened for him at scunny now poole has called it a day.

Surely he would of only left rye to sign for leicester?

Surely he would of only left rye to sign for leicester?

he probably is riding for Leicester but now has the chance to ride at scunny also until they find a permanent replacement for poole.

Robbo still a trier, though with now a return to Rye after Newcastle and redcar, is he merely doing the rounds of his former clubs prior to retirement. How many more like him have lost valuable reserve EL income as a direct result of the so-called El draft which admittedly 'makes' a few, but has found many more sadly lacking. On a funnier note which may be lost down here- my spell checker actually saw a mistake in my spelling of redcar with a small 'r' . Opps, there it goes again. Hint of course is regional rivalry and not being sure who you lot would similarly abuse, I leave it open to conjecture :rofl:

...or Percy Blakeney.

Well he could certainly 'PIMP' his rides!

Shame Rye House didn't beat them to the announcement. Makes our Promotion look like mugs which may well be a fair assessment.

Whether or not a decent replacement can be found will be more luck than judgement

He's also signed for a Sunday PL team, presumably replacing Taylor Poole at Scunthorpe.

could be Pboro or Newcy...