British Speedway Forum

Play spot the blue line on the track and spot the riders through the dust cloud! :)

Hopefully whoever takes charge of track prep will sort that out so its less of an issue - with Len gone that should happen.

• Like 1

When are the fixtures released or have I missed them?

Usually late Jan/early Feb

• Like 1

When are the fixtures released or have I missed them?

Hopefully Wednesday.

Edited by Islander15
  • Like 1

Are there actually any 6 pointers out there avaliable?

seb tresarrieu is he still riding?

Any updates on the stadium, havn't been down for a few weeks and not alot has changed from last visit around mid december.

Be nice if someone like steve jenson came on here and updated us fans, a bit like andy does a great job informing people at the iow

Through thick and thin I’ve been travelling to Rye House since the late 60’s. I find the current dim wits who claim to be and I use the word very loosely ‘promoters’ total pants!

As much I agreed it was time for Len to move over and let someone else take the helm, what on earth made him sell to the BMR bloke who quite honestly knows as much about speedway as I know about the dark side of the moon.

Len new at the end of last season he wouldn’t be promoting at Rye this coming season as did the so called new owners.

How discourteous to run the flopping Ace of Pairs and not to even acknowledges Len achievements at Rye allowing him to say his farewells.

Now when the season starts I will all being well still be making my Saturday night trips to Hoddesdon and probably a Sunday to when the Raiders ride, but what a so stupid time to start at 6pm. Are these clowns totally mad! Do they not understand kids and adults have school and work on a Monday? Do they honestly think people have the money to possibly watch two meetings in successive days?

I so hope I’m wrong with all this but this reminds me when Dave Pavitt sold Hackney to another clown who was clueless in Derek Howes and they closed mid-season. I so hope this don’t happen.

I should be getting excited about Rye in 2016, but am I, well I think you know the answer which is the same as many Rye fans.

The promoters have an awful lot to answer. Most of the criticism I’ve read on here are quite frankly justified. What should have happened is there should have been in depth press releases from BMR, not ‘oh by the way’ ones.

A fans forum would have gone a long way to, either attended by 20 people or 200. Explanations are required on several issues, which I guess we’ll never really find out why people seem to be booted away and hung out to dry. But this total lack of proper press releases is in my view quite baffling!

John Drake, News at Ten, Hoddesdon

• Like 4

I to fear this will be our last year. Team BMR are 100% committed to touring car racing , just check the amount of tweets on their twitter account , with not one mention ever of speedway , just shows what they care about ( not the speedway ). A good friend of mine went down to the track about 3 weeks ago and didn't notice anything major had changed but was told the long bar was going to be a Honda dealership showroom , but nothing suggests a long term future for speedway . The team this year is shocking with only Cam Heeps possibly upping his average but all the big targets we should have gone for havnt come (Barker ,Worrall, Masters etc) whereas team BMR's car team is superb and includes Jason Plato and Colin Turkington , says it all about where Warren Scott wants to invest .Bottom of the league for sure and Shads will be proved right about his Tarmac quote im sure. An extension to the kart track I reckon , Warren Scotts second love it seems.

• Like 1

Through thick and thin I’ve been travelling to Rye House since the late 60’s. I find the current dim wits who claim to be and I use the word very loosely ‘promoters’ total pants!

As much I agreed it was time for Len to move over and let someone else take the helm, what on earth made him sell to the BMR bloke who quite honestly knows as much about speedway as I know about the dark side of the moon.

Len new at the end of last season he wouldn’t be promoting at Rye this coming season as did the so called new owners.

How discourteous to run the flopping Ace of Pairs and not to even acknowledges Len achievements at Rye allowing him to say his farewells.

Now when the season starts I will all being well still be making my Saturday night trips to Hoddesdon and probably a Sunday to when the Raiders ride, but what a so stupid time to start at 6pm. Are these clowns totally mad! Do they not understand kids and adults have school and work on a Monday? Do they honestly think people have the money to possibly watch two meetings in successive days?

I so hope I’m wrong with all this but this reminds me when Dave Pavitt sold Hackney to another clown who was clueless in Derek Howes and they closed mid-season. I so hope this don’t happen.

I should be getting excited about Rye in 2016, but am I, well I think you know the answer which is the same as many Rye fans.

The promoters have an awful lot to answer. Most of the criticism I’ve read on here are quite frankly justified. What should have happened is there should have been in depth press releases from BMR, not ‘oh by the way’ ones.

A fans forum would have gone a long way to, either attended by 20 people or 200. Explanations are required on several issues, which I guess we’ll never really find out why people seem to be booted away and hung out to dry. But this total lack of proper press releases is in my view quite baffling!

John Drake, News at Ten, Hoddesdon

Couldn't agree more

I to fear this will be our last year. Team BMR are 100% committed to touring car racing , just check the amount of tweets on their twitter account , with not one mention ever of speedway , just shows what they care about ( not the speedway ). A good friend of mine went down to the track about 3 weeks ago and didn't notice anything major had changed but was told the long bar was going to be a Honda dealership showroom , but nothing suggests a long term future for speedway . The team this year is shocking with only Cam Heeps possibly upping his average but all the big targets we should have gone for havnt come (Barker ,Worrall, Masters etc) whereas team BMR's car team is superb and includes Jason Plato and Colin Turkington , says it all about where Warren Scott wants to invest .Bottom of the league for sure and Shads will be proved right about his Tarmac quote im sure. An extension to the kart track I reckon , Warren Scotts second love it seems.

Sadly i think you are right. I would rather had a quick death with them closing the speedway as soon as they took over than all this misery. Rather than not having a clue i think they know exactly what they are doing. Perhaps they may have some sort of planning issues that take time and are simply using the time with speedway as a filler. I really hope we are wrong but if it is the case its being wound down then i don't want to be hanging around watching it die i'd rather be off to pastures new and clubs to support that deserve the support. But if we are wrong how on earth have they gotten it so bad with the team only being one of the issues since they appeared on the scene. And we moaned about Len Silver!!!

Agree with all of above, im led to believe len left rh with planning permission for any stand works expired, so thus no work happening.

Still some communication from the bmr team would go along way, or we just expected to turn up come the end of march.

Fixtures on rh website 19th march first meeting

Never thought there was any planning permission, hence the temp stand being just that, a temporary structure made from scaffold poles.

Quotes are better coming from someone, not from 'Team BMR' too.

I still can't get my head around the NBJ decision. Within our own asset base we have Anders on an average similar to Lanham and Heeps, neither of those offer anything more than Anders on track.

The apparent Lambert situation has derailed plans, as soon as there were any doubts about him signing we should have looked elsewhere. A basis of Kennett, NBJ, Kasper, Mellgren and Morley would have left scope for a heat leader plus Branford or a strength in depth approach with Eddie and NBJ both capable of scoring big at the sharp end plus the luxury of a strong reserve all year.

All we can hope is that the new promotion have learnt lessons from this winter's team building at both levels.

Edited by Ben91
  • Like 1