British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Elite League 2016 - What Is Required?

Surely you understand Starman that most people have a problem with Poole Speedway..your mob is a nasty lot..

Most of you Poole fans are already talking of getting rid of North and Gomolski in the hope of better replacements..

Mrocka, Madsen et al have gone down that route too..

Shame on you, just get behind your team.. :t:

Shame on me, now you show me where i said we should get rid of Gomolski and Dak ? As for use being a nasty mob, thats not true. our club is run very professionally.

Surely you understand Starman that most people have a problem with Poole Speedway..your mob is a nasty lot..

Most of you Poole fans are already talking of getting rid of North and Gomolski in the hope of better replacements..

Mrocka, Madsen et al have gone down that route too..

Shame on you, just get behind your team.. :t:

Actually for all those that are talking about changes I am probably one of the few who think it should be left as it is...............and since when had it been one GP rider per team............nothing in the rule book to that effect.................

Not all Poole fans are nasty...............most of us are quite sensible and reasonable about the team...........having followed them through the good times and the bad for the last 39 years I can honestly say I have never come across a nasty fan from anywhere.............except for a few keyboard ninjas that get on here every now and again..............

RP

For all the hatred aimed at Poole surely all teams should aspire to be like them.except the dodgy bits of course.sorry couldn't resist the last bit

• Like 1

Shame on me, now you show me where i said we should get rid of Gomolski and Dak ? As for use beingrid a nasty mob, thats not true. our club is run very professional

Sorry Starman, that was aimed at your club rather than yourself...

I assume no team changes for the Pirates then :t:

Edited by Yer Ropes

I remember going to watch meetings in late October & clubs having a firework display to mark the end of the season & no-one worried about the weather.

The season finishes way to early as when the play offs are done then that is it nowadays.

• Like 4

Actually for all those that are talking about changes I am probably one of the few who think it should be left as it is...............and since when had it been one GP rider per team............nothing in the rule book to that effect.................

Not all Poole fans are nasty...............most of us are quite sensible and reasonable about the team...........having followed them through the good times and the bad for the last 39 years I can honestly say I have never come across a nasty fan from anywhere.............except for a few keyboard ninjas that get on here every now and again..............

RP

Good post RP...( it was just meant as banter)

However,I have read other threads and I would just like to wish you and Orlov well :t:

Good post RP...( it was just meant as banter)

However,I have read other threads and I would just like to wish you and Orlov well :t:

Thank you..........doing very well now...........its amazing what you can do when you have to..............its better to give the authorities/people a kick up the backside now and again rather than put up with the lies and aggrievation...............

RP

Edited by Red Panda

Elite League 2016? Just copy what they do in Sweden, they seem to have it spot on!

Sorry Starman, that was aimed at your club rather than yourself...

I assume no team changes for the Pirates then :t:

No worries. Not as yet, but i doubt Matt would completely rule it out.

Elite League 2016? Just copy what they do in Sweden, they seem to have it spot on!

Which is ?

The very top riders and perfectly prepared tracks. It's a simple sport, don't make it complicated!

• Like 2

The very top riders and perfectly prepared tracks. It's a simple sport, don't make it complicated!

And how do clubs pay for the top riders to be here,some can barely keep going now. And how are you going to entice them back ? The scheduals are hectic as it is. Everything you mention costs, a lot of money.

Edited by Starman2006

I remember going to watch meetings in late October & clubs having a firework display to mark the end of the season & no-one worried about the weather.

The season finishes way to early as when the play offs are done then that is it nowadays.

I agree the play offs shouldn't stop the EL from having a knock out cup or even the shield.

So do i. But the problem you have year after year now is the weather. I can't remember it peeing down with rain in October in the early 70.s. Seems that our climate has change so much over the decades.

I agree the play offs shouldn't stop the EL from having a knock out cup or even the shield.

Are you going to paid the money all these meetings cost clubs ?...surely you understand that fans don't go to shield matches or knock cup matches anymore hence why were scrapped in the first place

• Like 2

But the weather is a genuine worry. And the season has to be planned to end sooner this year because there is a GP at the end of the year in Australia. Hardly ideal to have the play-offs with riders missing due to the GP.