Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

I wonder if Peter W is feeling the six-year itch...and perhaps Wesley could fit in at No. 7?

Unlikely and no. :blink:

Wat riders wud u sign?

I wud keep Supper D000lan Super TJ and Super Coty Garcia

Col

You might have a problem with Tommy Gun. If we run; he's coming back to Scunthorpe but good luck with keeping the Bandidos alive in 2016. My recent visit highlighted to me that Speedways Border outpost is not enjoying the best of times. But for speedway with an old school feel about it; I think it is hard to beat. All the best to the Bandits.

Edited by the outsider
  • Like 2

Disappointing. Terry Lindon?

Errrrrrrrrrrrrr no, lets just say that Berwick Speedway doesn't need Mr Lindon right now.

• Like 3

Pretty strong bunch you berwick folk,allegedly made theo pijpers shoulder pop out by shaking his hand!!

This team wont see the light of day but it has the strength in depth your looking for

Ryan Fisher 7-42

Theo Pyjper 6-55

David Bellego 6-06

Anders Mellgren 6-10

Kevin Doolan 6-74

Tero Aarnio 4-53

Dimitri Berge 4-70

Total 42-10

Nah.

Pretty strong bunch you berwick folk,allegedly made theo pijpers shoulder pop out by shaking his hand!!

I used to meet Michal Makovsky in the local gym quite often and when he used to shake my hand I honestly thought he was going to crush it. Many years of hanging onto a speedway bike did wonders for his forearms #popeye

For the sake of humanity..................do one! please

positive words from the skipper.

http://www.berwick-advertiser.co.uk/sport/berwick-bandits/news-match-reports/doolan-hopes-bandits-can-race-on-in-2016-1-3881162

He's right in a lot of ways. Berwick does have good stadium facilities, better than a lot of teams in all three divisions. Berwick also has, believe it or not, a decent fan base, who are very loyal. Lets face it, the club hasn't been used to success, so there's no way the fans can be termed glory grabbers who will only follow a winning team. That core just needs to built on a) by increasing the weekly attendance through locals and B) holidaymakers during the summer. He is also right that the sport in general and not just Berwick needs to look at how it can build itself up again.

If you can fill arenas to watch darts then you should be able to work wonders with speedway, noise, power, speed, it has the ingredients, just needs somebody to put it all together.

• Like 4

1. Ben Barker 7.55

2. Anders Thomson 5.68

3. Kevin Doolan 6.74

4. Theo Pijper 6.55

5. Richie Worrall 7.11

6. Fernando Garcia 3.00

7. Rasmus Jensen 5.65

Yes, an e-mail was received by the promotion on August 24th, replied to on August 27th. The detailed and constructive suggestions put forward are under active consideration.

Such a scheme is broadly very positive, but the current promotion are anxious to ensure such a "trust fund" would be properly administered by (1) responsible and supportive people who are not (2) part of the actual promotion.

The bigger question has to be whether they (the current promotion) can be convinced by this, and other still-necessary funding assistance, to re-apply for league membership at the AGM.

I can confirm this as i actually sent the email. If anyone has the time to organise and look into the idea i would be happy to pass on my idea. Unfortunatly i am not in this position.

Just to point out if bandits do not run this could also have an adverse effect on berwick rangers. I am fairly sure the stadium rental paid to berwick rangers supporters trust would in some way find its way to the football team in some form. Maybe anyone interested in setting up bandits supporters trust could speak to the football equivlent for advice etc

I can confirm this as i actually sent the email. If anyone has the time to organise and look into the idea i would be happy to pass on my idea. Unfortunatly i am not in this position.

Just to point out if bandits do not run this could also have an adverse effect on berwick rangers. I am fairly sure the stadium rental paid to berwick rangers supporters trust would in some way find its way to the football team in some form. Maybe anyone interested in setting up bandits supporters trust could speak to the football equivlent for advice etc[/quote

Small point the leaseholders are BRFC supporters club not the trust. But yes it would leave a big hole in the bank balance think it was about £18000 last year