British Speedway Forum
crescent girl

Berwick V Sheffield - August 15th

After heat 5/6 the Sheffield team wanted the track changed or the meeting abandoned, Kev told them where to go, Cook rode the track fine all night, he's just a bad loser, Kev outrode him completely then he wasn't going to shake his hand, Klindt didn't want to be there and Bellego didn't look as if he did either, Arthur Sissis was unbelievable, Garrity needs to stop riding like an absolute toolbox and consider the riders around him's safety and Bates shouldn't of been allowed to continue after that, hope Liam, Arthur and Mathias are okay, the Sheffield riders tried to bully tonight, disgraceful, nothing was wrong with the track, they just needed to ride it with a bit of sense instead of going flying about hitting people and locking up

• Like 3

Cookie is a wind up merchant, but at least he gets people talking, and deep down its just a bit of fun and the Berwick fans seem to bite more than others.

And deep down every Premier league would welcome him with open arms if he said that he wanted ride for their club.

As for the meeting Best Wishes to all the injured riders firstly.

On my own team's front I would have rather taken no points a defeat and a fit 6 riders coming back to Sheffield, we are edging closer and closer to the Play Offs, but as things stand at the moment we rapidly running out of riders, and with the Monarch's due on Thursday we could well do without a patched up team.

Little bit concern with Bellego and Klindt, Bellego really needs to pick up his game away from Sheffield, has and can be a match winner around Sheffield but his away performances have been poor and this season his away average is below both Josh Bates and Arthur Sissis.

I suppose a win is a win, but it feels very hollow to be honest.

• Like 1

After heat 5/6 the Sheffield team wanted the track changed or the meeting abandoned, Kev told them where to go, Cook rode the track fine all night, he's just a bad loser, Kev outrode him completely then he wasn't going to shake his hand, Klindt didn't want to be there and Bellego didn't look as if he did either, Arthur Sissis was unbelievable, Garrity needs to stop riding like an absolute toolbox and consider the riders around him's safety and Bates shouldn't of been allowed to continue after that, hope Liam, Arthur and Mathias are okay, the Sheffield riders tried to bully tonight, disgraceful, nothing was wrong with the track, they just needed to ride it with a bit of sense instead of going flying about hitting people and locking up

Spot on.

Bates was truly disgraceful. I was right in line with it, and it was the most reckless, dangerous, vindictive move I have witnessed in 30+ years of watching speedway.

• Like 2

Cook always complains about the Berwick track. To break the track record it could not have been slick, Ian Rae prepared a decent surface. Cook probably meant that the track has never been the same when he rode here. Give him the benefit of doubt!

When the track is grippy but consistent it shows who has talent and bike skills and Sissis certainly has both unlike some other riders on display. Tatum is right in his comments about Garrity he may be exciting to watch but really needs to get a it more in control of the bike.He seems to walk away from some nasty crashes a lucky lad IMO

• Like 7

When the track is grippy but consistent it shows who has talent and bike skills and Sissis certainly has both unlike some other riders on display. Tatum is right in his comments about Garrity he may be exciting to watch but really needs to get a it more in control of the bike.He seems to walk away from some nasty crashes a lucky lad IMO

How close Doolan was able to sit behind Cook to take him round 3rd/4th bend just backs up what you say.

It was a track where the skilful riders were able to put on a show.

Garrity is going to have a bad one if he doesn't tidy up.

Doolan did exceptionally well not to go over the top of him.

Edited by bigeddiechek

Spot on.

Bates was truly disgraceful. I was right in line with it, and it was the most reckless, dangerous, vindictive move I have witnessed in 30+ years of watching speedway.

nothing new for Bates . he may be fast but he's not in control

Sissis impressed me on his last visit to ashfield the lad improving all the time.

• Like 2

Hardly the tracks fault going by updates , one rider injured when fenced by Bates , nothing new there, another injured when Garrity crashes , nothing new there , a rider injured when he runs into a rider who loses a front chain , pure accident.

Junior

Cooks a knob, many people knew that before, now it's confirmed.

Some people really should stay off of social media

• Like 4

Firstly I hope all the riders injured last night are able to take part in their meetings this week, looks like Carr, Garrity, Thornblom were among the walking wounded, haven't heard about Sissis. Obviously the welfare of the injured riders come first but its difficult to enjoy a meeting that drags on for as long as last nights did, that said a brilliant ride from Doolan to first catch and then over take Cook was certainly the highlight. Cook does seem to have a thing about the Berwick track and takes to social media on a regular bases to give his opinions, great rider, big points scorer but maybe a tad immature.

Klindt and the returning Bellego were embarrassing, which in the case of Bellego, was surprising. Garrity and Bates seem passengers on their bikes and show very little control which sadly lead to two untidy accidents.

It may be in the rules, and as we all know speedway rules must be followed by all clubs at all times but it seems unfair to me that Berwick weren't allowed to use Kieran Douglas in Hts 11,12 and in-particular Ht2 where Berwick lost Liam Carr through no fault of his own as IMO its the lack of the Berwick rider in Ht 2 that cost Berwick at least a point.

• Like 2

Sissis impressed me on his last visit to ashfield the lad improving all the time.

Exciting to watch.

And might be on a few club's shopping list next year.

Edited by george.m

I thouroughly enjoyed this meeting, it was a long drawn affair but it was a close meeting so exciting. I thought the track was the best it has been all season, I think the majority of Berwick riders would agree with that as well as fans, maybe not the Sheffield ones though...One thing I have to say though was if the night was ruined by anything it was three 'promising' British riders, Jason Garrity, Craig Cook and Josh Bates. Jason Garrity done his classic lock up because he has minimal control of his bike, Craig Cook takes himself to social media to have a dig at our captain for sticking up for the track and the track itself, it produced some brilliant racing I thought, was by far the most exciting meeting of the season, I think Craig needs to bare in mind that he bet the track record by 0.5 seconds, which is over 3 seconds quicker than the fastest time of the season, the track was very even and produced the best racing we've seen on it this year, congratulations to Razor imo and that's for Bates, well what can you say about him, it was a disgusting move, turning right on Liam (who was ahead) half way down the backstraight, hope Liam is okay as well as Sissis who was mighty impressive and Thornblom who was incredibly unlucky that Garrity can't keep a hold of his bike

Edited by allthegearbutnaeidea
  • Like 4