British Speedway Forum
crescent girl

Berwick V Sheffield - August 15th

Agree,his opinion of himself seems to be a little high though.

I can get what you mean, but I'd say deep down in him it's the total opposite.

Take his post heat win celebrations at Cardiff.

Other GP riders don't celebrate like that after a heat win.

That said to me he rates himself below the others and it was a big win for him.

Spot on.

Bates was truly disgraceful. I was right in line with it, and it was the most reckless, dangerous, vindictive move I have witnessed in 30+ years of watching speedway.

Gather you weren't there when Makovsky fenced Auty then ???

Edited by Tigerite
  • Like 2

I don't carry a torch nor pitchfork for Cook bit maybe a bit conctructive criticism might be more suitable in future, he is IMO the best rider at PL level right now.

But you are right, another home defeat is what was required if we are to avoid dropping further down the league, losing riders didn't help of course.

I never mentioned another home defeat, nor did I criticise Berwick riders. I just can't believe anyone who was there thinks Cooks remarks have any relevance, when some of the antics going on during some races, which was sometimes scary, put two Berwick riders out the meeting and most likely cost them points. But never mind all that, look at what Cooks saying on Facesitter.

If you weren't there, you won't know what I'm talking about. Turning right on someone on the fastest part of one of the fastest tracks in the country is something I don't want to see again. And that was just the half of it.

cookie at Glasgow today no doubt will give us his expert analysis on the track later

• Like 4

Why Cook feels the need to publicly slate another club is beyond me really doesn't do himself any favours whatsoever, It wasn't that long ago he made comment about a Glasgow junior which he rightfully got slaughtered for and rightfully so.

But thinking about it if Cook had more that 2 brain cells think about how dangerous he could be on social media.

What is Hilarious is slating any track when he rides at Armadale.

Berwick do not have there problems to seek at the moment and don't need the likes off Cook rubbing there noses in it i really hope thing's go to plan and the Bandits can come out the other end, As a Glasgow fan i can relate to how the uncertainty must be affecting them as we have had it on a few occasions.

But Cook must remember this Edinburgh have had the begging bowl out for the last couple off seasons and if they didn't run next season he would have piss*d that many people off at premier league level that many may decide that he isn't worth the hassle if he was still wanting to ride this level.

Who would've thought it eh..you and several others plus the usual bitter Workington fans..any old excuse to take pot shots at Craig and then wade into Edinburgh who werent even bloody racing last night while you were at it?The guy cant even comment and speak his mind about the track and other riders safety..He didnt verbally abuse people on twitter,or do anything wrong,only give his opinion and yet the pitchfork brigade come out with same old guff about Craig and deconstruct his career etc etc blah blah..it's about time some of you put another friggin' record on.Do you all condone the abuse Ian Rae said in his reply on twitter or question his amount of brain cells?Nah not from what i've seen :mad: pretty much says it all..

Edited by Young51
  • Like 1

Who would've thought it eh..you and several others plus the usual bitter Workington fans..any old excuse to take pot shots at Craig and then wade into Edinburgh who werent even bloody racing last night while you were at it?The guy cant even comment and speak his mind about the track and other riders safety..He didnt verbally abuse people on twitter,or do anything wrong,only give his opinion and yet the pitchfork brigade come out with same old guff about Craig and deconstruct his career etc etc blah blah..it's about time some of you put another friggin' record on.Do you all condone the abuse Ian Rae said in his reply on twitter or question his amount of brain cells?Nah not from what i've seen :mad: pretty much says it all..

personaly I think Ian should have kept his thoughts to himself rather than posting them on Twitter

This might be a totally ridiculous and strange thing to say but maybe just maybe Craig Cook is just enjoying winding up people and equally enjoying watching them bite every time

Gather you weren't there when Makovsky fenced Auty then ???

as with most speedway fans they have selective memories when it comes to their own team and riders
  • Like 3

C'mon Young One! At least two posters have raised the issue of Ian's comments. Totally unprofessional and well below the belt.

Dont do Facebook or Twitter,but Personaly I think promotions should leave the squabbling to "forum fannies".saves any embarrassment .
  • Like 5

Fromafar is spot on when he mentions "throttle control". Lets hope Josh Bates and Jason Garrity can find theirs before it's too late Bates in the past is either punching a wall or threatening to punch riders, or actualy punching them, should have been banned a long time ago. Cook knows Berwick react so obviously winds them up, he is not a villain.

Cook kicking off is of no surprise, it has overshadowed a woeful performance from David Bellego

I'm perplexed as to how Nic Klindt still gets a team place in the UK

Sheffield would have struggled to get 38 had the Bandits been at full strength

Im not a fan of Berwick or the track, but Cookie constantly moans about it.. Youd think by now he would be turning guest bookings down if he thought it constantly wasnt safe??

Abit childish of him to take to twitter about it into.

• Like 4

Touch a nerve there it's not the first time he has made a complete a*rse off himself on social media and i am sure it won't be his last.

And Your view above is what you believe fair enough but can you blame people on criticising as he certainly gives people plenty off ammunition with his crass comments

Talented rider and class on track no doubt about it but class off the track well he has none.

• Like 1

Touch a nerve there it's not the first time he has made a complete a*rse off himself on social media and i am sure it won't be his last.

And Your view above is what you believe fair enough but can you blame people on criticising as he certainly gives people plenty off ammunition with his crass comments

Talented rider and class on track no doubt about it but class off the track well he has none.

Touch a nerve?Nah..You just never waste any time in wading into Edinburgh Monarchs Gaz..and i dont really see how you can justify it in your post on this topic/thread to be honest.All must be rosy in the Weegie garden huh Faither Superior?As for rants about Cookie..well,what did he actually say that was wrong on twitter?Ian Rae is the one lacking in class here surely?After a difficult end of season in Craigs first year with us,which was down to heavy goings on in his personal life,he has not only been brilliant on the track,but also brilliant with the fans and always has time for them and never refuses photos autographs etc.I feel he has been a very good ambassador for our club indeed.True he had a public spat with Ben Barker and toilet heater (not the first and probably not the last rider to do so in Ben's case),but then even St Greg Hancock himself has a 'tipping point' and it's part of the sport after all.Nobodies perfect..to be honest..i dont really know what else you base this 'having no class' cobblers on?Ps By the way,did any good speedway racing break out at Shielfield last night? ;)

Edited by Young51

By the way,did any good speedway racing break out at Shielfield last night? ;)

Yes, couple of races between Cook and Doolan in Hts 11 & 13 were excellent.

• Like 3

I can get what you mean, but I'd say deep down in him it's the total opposite.

Take his post heat win celebrations at Cardiff.

Other GP riders don't celebrate like that after a heat win.

That said to me he rates himself below the others and it was a big win for him.

wot a slava
  • Like 1