British Speedway Forum
steve19620

Season 1977 Queries (may)

Hi there.

As part of my research into the 1977 season, I am looking for the correct heat results for the following meetings:

16 May 1977 Scunthorpe v Coatbridge (NL) - The heat 13 result appears to be misreported, problem is with the Scunthorpe riders in this heat. Speedway Star states Collins, Baugh, White (f exc), Richardson (exc), S.Sheldrick (fell), I am not sure how White has managed to appear in this heat. The report states White was with Sheldrick in the original running of the heat with no mention of Baugh ! Does anybody have the programme to confirm the correct result and what happened ?

26 May 1977 Oxford v Midenhall (CH). According to the Speedway Star (and yearbook) Martin Yeates scored 10 and Kevin Young 9 points, Heat results in the Speedway Star advise Yeates scored 11 and Young 8 points. It looks likely the placings was reversed in either heat 1, 6 or 10. Again does anybody have a completed programme to confirm the correct placings ?

Cheers

Steve

Edited by steve19620