British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Catch Me If You Can

Peugeot International- Glasgow 16 August

Picking the local fav's pocket on the line brings a chuckle, bet that went down as well as the 5-0 with fisher.

Edited by Dekker
  • Like 2

Homers showed their appreciation by inviting him in the first place! ;)

Not that inviting him added more punters through the gate of course!

Glad you all enjoyed his talent though.

• Like 1

That old myth. Exact how many additional Edinburgh punters other than the good few who attend most Sundays were there today?

Sounds as if this may have been an ok meeting. Any idea of the attendance?.

Dunno I wasn't there.

Must have been coach loads though I expect!

What did cookie have to say on the mic?

Super crowd in attendance yet again, a few blue and gold but nothing to sustain the we need each other crap that still gets spouted.

Great final, Cook last to first over four laps snatching it from Lawson on the line, but a deserved winner none the less. Unsportsmanlike of Lawson to pull off the track rather than acknowledge Cook as the winner.

22 heats completed in 2hrs 50mins despite Dishington being the ref!

My only experience of Glasgow speedway was the old White City track. Your new home sounds good.

Lawson didn't congratulate cookie?

Disgraceful.

Would be worth a dozen pages of vitriol on BSF if cookie had done that.

He got so much grief on the Berwick thread last night for being slow to congratulate doolan.

• Like 1

it's good PR by banging on about this £10,000 prize fund wich is shared between the riders. But for £20 the line up is petty poor.

I dunno so much Blobby. After all a quid is only worth about 30p these days.

And, if my memory serves me correctly, speedway admission prices generally seem to have frozen and stayed flat over the last ten years or so whereas wages and salaries (in the UK economy in general that is) have doubled in that time. So in real terms the speedway admission price has fallen over the last several years..... I can see you're convinced. ;)

As to the line-up its a far better line-up than the usual PL serving of a couple of heat leaders, guests of varying quality, the rest made of r/r, a second string and a couple of reserves per side.

So anyway, have I convinced you yet?!! :D

Seems to have been a good meeting and congrats to Cook on winning it.

Lawson didn't congratulate cookie?

Disgraceful.

Would be worth a dozen pages of vitriol on BSF if cookie had done that.

He got so much grief on the Berwick thread last night for being slow to congratulate doolan.

Hi there Scotsman,

I share your disgust and/or dismay at there being a lack of handshakes and congratulation exchanges between riders these days. However, I regret to say that I've found the biggest culprit to be Cook - I've lost count of the number of times Cook has failed to congratulate an opponent that has beaten him and indeed I've never seen him do it at all, it just doesn't seem to be in his nature - I'm sure you will disagree but I'm sorry that's what I've seen for myself.

For me Les Collins was a gentleman and a true sportsman but I've felt for some time that Cook would do well to emulate the conduct of Collins and its in that department that I feel Cook has a long long way to go.

As to Lawson not congratulating Cook today, that appears contrary to what's quoted of Richard Lawson on the Glasgow website whereby he appears to sportingly acknowledge Cook, acknowledging how well Cook rode, and giving Cook credit for the manoeuvre to pass him.

But yes, sportingly offering an actual handshake or whatever on track - yes there seems to be rather less of it about these days sadly.

Edited by justere2cgoodspeedway

Lawson pulled off the track immediately after the race, apologies if i misled people. He has clearly acknowledged Cook with a stupendous ride. Im sure it was disappointment on Richards part than anything else.

Back to PL duty next Sunday with the visit of Somerset, i hope Morris isnt as rusty as he was today. No Kauko makes it a tough one for us!

Congrats to Cook from all at Berwick, well most at Berwick, well maybe some at Berwick.....well I would like to congratulate him. :D

• Like 3

Well done Screm!

I'm sure Mr. Rae will be tweeting his congratulations any minute now.

Personally I couldn't give a toss if riders congratulate each other.

I'm usually filling in my programme anyway.

• Like 2

Razor probably didn't know the meeting was on at Glasgow

theres nobody in the Western Hemisphere who didn't know this meeting was on thanks to the promotion that the Glasgow bosses have given it

Something other tracks could learn from

• Like 1