Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Catch Me If You Can

Peugeot International- Glasgow 16 August

Personally I couldn't give a toss if riders congratulate each other.

Good heavens, that's an about turn...... so your earlier point that you thought riders "Disgraceful" in not congratulating each other was just made up?

You've got me confused now. :neutral:

Well the weather forecast is great, for once :lol: . looking forward to a burger and chips and a few :drink: tomorrow at the Peugeot stadium. Clearly Craig Cook is the favourite but you can't have everything :cry: A pity that some of the original line-up had to pull out cos of injury but these things happen. Glad that riders that have guested for us have been invited. Josh normally does well and Richie Worral had a brilliant meeting a few weeks ago.

Forecast big crowd; Michael and Jimmy have problems with the Slovenians name and 1st Craig Cook; 2nd Richard L; 3rd Josh G

Am I smug :approve: . this forecasting lark is a doddle though probably got the crowd wrong looked to me to be the biggest we have had apart from the opening match.

Also good to hear cookie saying nice things about the track and how much he enjoyed it etc etc and to be fair he was well received by the crowd. also nice to see most people waiting for the trophy ceremony and the spraying of the champagne, what a waste :drink:

• Like 2

He's hardly going to speak bad of the track after scoring an 18 point max! Plus as we know your not allowed to speak negative at Glasgow or you get banned which I'm sure he's not wanting as some easy money to be made there in visits with the Monarchs.

Good heavens, that's an about turn...... so your earlier point that you thought riders "Disgraceful" in not congratulating each other was just made up?

You've got me confused now. :neutral:

My disgraceful comment was sarcasm - a follow-up to the abuse cookie gets on the occasions he does it.

I really couldn't give a toss.

Edited by TheScotsman

Over the years Cooks attitude and sportmanship were shocking.

Speak as i find in that this season his attitude has been first class and is a joy to watch at Foxhall (unless smashing up the decor!)

I thought it was a good meeting & a bloody marvellous final. We've been here 3 wks, came over from Aussie for the 250 titles in France & have met a few riders & have gotta say cookie is a absolute laugh 2 hang with. That boy loves his nando's chicken.

• Like 5

I suppose this wasn't bad as individual thingys go , give me a league meeting everytime . Cook was a worthy winner ( choke ) , though the final was a good race and he had to work hard to get the better of Richard . No real disappointments , though the Slovenian was out of his depth . Good to see Mitchell Davey back on a bike , though whether this is the start of a comeback is doubtful .

Anyway it was a cracking summers day and the crowd was at least 1500 I would guess at .

I suppose this wasn't bad as individual thingys go , give me a league meeting everytime . Cook was a worthy winner ( choke ) , though the final was a good race and he had to work hard to get the better of Richard . No real disappointments , though the Slovenian was out of his depth . Good to see Mitchell Davey back on a bike , though whether this is the start of a comeback is doubtful .

Anyway it was a cracking summers day and the crowd was at least 1500 I would guess at .

Good to see the crowd levels so good.the promotion deserve it for the effort they have put into the sport.
  • Like 4

He's hardly going to speak bad of the track after scoring an 18 point max! Plus as we know your not allowed to speak negative at Glasgow or you get banned which I'm sure he's not wanting as some easy money to be made there in visits with the Monarchs.

Don't reallly follow this Are you saying that Cookie is a liar and that he lied so as he doesn't get banned from riding for the Monarchs at Glasgow :rofl:

• Like 1

Really was exciting well done cookie. Love speedway.

• Like 1