British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Catch Me If You Can

Peugeot International- Glasgow 16 August

I am no lover of Individual meetings as fillers, and the line up for this one, given admission costs, is not earth shattering and a few of listed riders are on injured list?

Seemed there was a curse on naming riders , as soon as a rider was named ( Morris , Oostergaard , Covatti , Nieminen , Douglas ) a trip to the hospital soon followed .

Morris will be fit however .

I'm not a fan of them either , much prefer team meetings , but the club have put up decent money for this ( although £20 to get in and see PL riders we see week in , week out is a bit cheeky ) and i'll toddle along to see how it pans out .

• Like 1

Tell me about this "prize fund of £10,000"

If the club are paying, let's say, £75 per point which is about average for a heat-leader and they are having 22 heats, that means they are offering £9,900 of the ten grand as ordinary points money.

Does the winner lift the whole £100 that's left over?

disappointing line up for £20 was expecting a 'Big name' GP or EL rider at least even before the injuries to various participants the line up wasn't good

£20 for a PL filler is a tad cheeky

Edited by Goodiepatchie

Tell me about this "prize fund of £10,000"

If the club are paying, let's say, £75 per point which is about average for a heat-leader and they are having 22 heats, that means they are offering £9,900 of the ten grand as ordinary points money.

Does the winner lift the whole £100 that's left over?

As it's an individual Meeting and if they pay what you are suggesting then it's a prize fund of Approx £10,000 as they are suggesting.Big Event Prize Money is usually quoted in this way.It is an extra meeting for the Competitors involved.There maybe more cash for the Top 3 for all we know. Edited by Fromafar

it's good PR by banging on about this £10,000 prize fund wich is shared between the riders. But for £20 the line up is petty poor.

Edited by Mr Blobby

it's good PR by banging on about this £10,000 prize fund wich is shared between the riders. But for £20 the line up is petty poor.

It is a pretty poor line -up IMO

..... was expecting a 'Big name' GP or EL rider at least .....

There is.............. Cookie is now in the lineup.

• Like 3

There is.............. Cookie is now in the lineup.

i get your point but am sure people were perhaps expecting someone else who perhaps hasn't rode at Ashfield this season and is a GP or El rider

ten grand for the winner may have attracted some big names then it would have been worth £20

disappointing line up for £20 was expecting a 'Big name' GP or EL rider at least even before the injuries to various participants the line up wasn't good

£20 for a PL filler is a tad cheeky

A big name GP rider would win an event like this untroubled which would put off other riders coming, though some new names from abroad would have been good. As it is its several tigers, a few Monarchs and a few others from around the PL which doesnt inspire.

Its a learning point for the new owners, they have learned a lot so far and changed things to be better, im sure they will this time.

When they announced this meeting I argued with a few people on facebook this is what it would be. They argued that 10k would attract GP names, I laughed as they don't get out of bed for less than 3k and I had to explain the 10k shared between all the riders is about £75-80 a point. This was lost on them. The Glasgow management seem to have really over egged this one. Sometimes I think promoters do more damage than good, they've told the people of Scotland to expect a great line up then given them a good one so people are disappointed. Had they played it down, people would now be excited by what is not a bad PL clubs individual meeting.

When they announced this meeting I argued with a few people on facebook this is what it would be. They argued that 10k would attract GP names, I laughed as they don't get out of bed for less than 3k and I had to explain the 10k shared between all the riders is about £75-80 a point. This was lost on them. The Glasgow management seem to have really over egged this one. Sometimes I think promoters do more damage than good, they've told the people of Scotland to expect a great line up then given them a good one so people are disappointed. Had they played it down, people would now be excited by what is not a bad PL clubs individual meeting.

Yeah thats it, 10k is the collective pot rather than prize money for the top 3.

The timing has turned out to be ok for GLA, gives Morris a run out and Kauko another week to heal without a competitive fixture.

A big name GP rider would win an event like this untroubled which would put off other riders coming, though some new names from abroad would have been good. As it is its several tigers, a few Monarchs and a few others from around the PL which doesnt inspire.

Its a learning point for the new owners, they have learned a lot so far and changed things to be better, im sure they will this time.

another learning point for the owners is to make sure the other northern teams haven't got matches scheduled for the same day am sure some berwick and Newcastle riders in the field may have attracted some supporters from the respective tracks
  • Like 1

The timing has turned out to be ok for GLA, gives Morris a run out and Kauko another week to heal without a competitive fixture.

So is it just a "run out" on a blank week? Fair enough, but -- 20 quid?

If ostergaurd, masters and covatti were able to ride then it would have been more appealing. What people expected was probably fantasy speedway line up but this will be a quality meeting.