British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Paul Bellamy Replaced By Torben Olsen At Bsi/img Speedway

Breaking news in today`s Speedway star. Bellamy moves to the rallycross division of IMG.

Might be for the best. He was very biased towards Poole.

I've understood from Twitter that also Nicola Sands is leaving BSI Speedway... Media manager.

At least it should make the implementation of the findings of the 'Warsaw Enquiry' so much easier (?)

The interaction between BSI, Speedsport and future local SGP promoters will now have an extra dimension of 'diminished clarity', shall we say. Which will be nice.

Perhaps, in Westminster, they are to delay the results of the Chilfott Enquiry until Euan Blair gets a place in government. Which I must add, he will do, of course, solely on merit.

Edited by Grand Central

Not really any surprise. Too many failures for it just to be bad luck.

I very much doubt an ultra-professional body like IMG would have been too impressed by Warsaw.

• Like 1

I very much doubt an ultra-professional body like IMG would have been too impressed by Warsaw.

PAUL hasn't been demoted, far from it. Despite Humphrey's continual and highly predictable sniping, Paul did a great job, is a terrific guy and at this moment in time IMG needed someone to take over the reins of their burgeoning rally cross division and in Torben had a ready made replacement for BSI Speedway.

Not really any surprise. Too many failures for it just to be bad luck.

Is it really any form of demotion?

It could be viewed totally the opposite!

It could be viewed totally the opposite!

EXACTLY. Wouldn't be surprised in somewhere along the line if and when Rob Armstrong moves further up the IMG ladder Paul Bellamy takes over as Global Head of Motor Sport, which would effectively put him back in charge of speedway.

Incidentally, Nicola Sands, who has been an absolute joy to work with for almost 15 years and was a speedway fan in her youth in her native Glasgow, wanted "her life back" ... a 9 to 5 job and weekends at home. She leaves a huge void.

Whilst your here, Philip ... Just read your 'twit-bits' from the GP last week.

Please tell me that someone didn't really let you believe that Madonna played to 80.000 at the Casa Arena, did they?

How anyone thins moving to RallyCross is a demotion is deluded.

• Like 1

Whilst your here, Philip ... Just read your 'twit-bits' from the GP last week.

Please tell me that someone didn't really let you believe that Madonna played to 80.000 at the Casa Arena, did they?

Why do you doubt that?

Why do you doubt that?

Because she appeared in Horsens in 2006 before ground had been broken on building this wee-stadium.

She appeared on a Glastonbury-like stage on the training pitches

With massive grass area easily accommodating 85,000

A bit like being at Hyde Park.

Edited by Grand Central

Because she appeared in Horsens in 2006 before ground had been broken on building this wee-stadium.

She appeared on a Glastonbury-like stage on the training pitches

With massive grass area easily accommodating 85,000

A bit like being at Hyde Park.

Ah, I see what you mean now. :)